• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you keep in your Dock box?

SandfleaDDH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I just bought a slip on Lake Arrowhead and it comes with this gigantic dock box. Cool right? That's what I thought too, until I was setting everything up for the first time and realized I didn't really have anything I wanted to leave in there. It's a big metal box that I have to imagine is like a Pizza Oven in the summer, so not gonna leave wakeboards in there, or anything I don't want cooked to a golden crisp. I mean ok, some extra dock lines maybe... some pool noodles... I dunno. What do you keep in yours?

dock box.jpeg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raw pizza? Then it can be ready when you go out, right?

(I don't have one. Just being a smart @ss)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Never had a dock box at any marina around here. No one around here allows them on the dock.

Last edited:

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
When I did have my boat in a yearly contract with my marina I stored inflatables and cleaning supplies. However the box was fiberglass, white, and under a roof from the sun.

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice. Wish my slip had one. It’s a great place to put items you won’t need on the water when you’re out on the boat such as the cover, cover poles, collapsible wagon…

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just cleaning supplies, mostly. Would keep an extra tube in there in case we wanted to swap which one we'd use, and would store the cover in it during the day while we were out.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would store all the crap I take off the boat after trailering/storing it. Mooring cover, Poles, Soundbar cover, Bimini Cover. Then anything I used to get the boat stuff from the car to the boat (wagon, bags, etc). The stuff that usually lives in the car while we're boating.

Do you get shore power through that box? If so, then your extension cord, and connections live in there.

Might also consider having a small section for "crap I don't always use". For me the tube, and SUP, as well as ski/tube ropes, maybe a few of the 15 noodles I take all the time and never seem to use.

SandfleaDDH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No shore power at the dock, which I guess would be nice, And I definitely throw the cover in there while out on the water. I've decided I'm going to leave some small folding chairs, and some dedicated fishing gear in there, as there are a lot of good sized fish hanging around. Maybe throw a couple folding scooters in there to get to the car and back, even though it's not very far. lol. Just thought I'd reach out to see i I was overlooking something brilliant. :)

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Extra life jackets, boat cover, hose, extension cable, beach chairs. Nothing too expensive or irreplaceable.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As convenient as they may be, you pay for that too. Takes up almost entire width of dock allowing less than one foot either side. You get used to it. It beats dragging more gear than the “stuff” you take each time. I would design a dock box that you can raise and lower in order to maximize on Dock real estate.

Attachments