• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you tow your 190 with?

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2014 Tacoma TRD/TX Baja with a TRD supercharger 6sp manual.. Does great except for the burning clutch smell when backing up my 150ft inclined driveway:rolleyes:....Having the trailer lights wire harness installed on the wife's 09 Honda Pilot tomorrow so to use that until we get her a new suv down the road.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Matt J , Trailer Valet and a 18v drill! No kidding...

ClemsonSX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is my rig, sucka!! (no really......it is.) Sorry I don't have a picture with the van and boat together. the picture kept posting upside down.

Attachments

ClemsonSX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK....For those who did not believe me..........I was not kidding around! : ) She was a little dirty that day, but she shines up real good when clean! Small Block Chevy 350 5.7 V8. No Cats, Super 10 Flows with 3.5' pipe. She mean and loud! Fully custom inside with 6 captain's chairs and 2 24' TV screens. The kids (3 boys) love it! Won "Best Old-School Car, Truck or Van" at the Beale Street Car Show 2013....when we lived in Memphis. Always place in Top 50, and Most Unique catagory at car shows. Tow rig.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I loved B.A.s van, that's got to be a blast to own!

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71. Average about 13mpg pulling the boat. My family and I love this truck.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What mph are you getting that mileage @SAGERFLY ?

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty much stay at 67mph

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty much stay at 67mph
I get about 11.5 towing at 65 MPH in my 5.4L F150. Even though it has the tow package it has the crappy highway rear end with highest gear ratio. I couldn't imagine having a to tow a huge load with this truck. In a few years I think I'm going to look into getting a used 2500 HD with the Allison trans. I have t had a Chevy in a long time.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yep yep...6 inch Fab tech...

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20161011_113106.jpg 20161011_113059.jpg 2014 Jeep Cherokee! Boat sits at the marina so only tow 2 or 3 times per year about 15 miles each way.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have a 2016 Chevy 1500 with the 4.3 V6. Tows the boat AWESOME. Very surprised on how well it tows it. But it is rated at 300hp. And with a 6 speed auto, its good. Mine looks very similar to yours @Joe Hellaby, My windows are 5% though...haha. Everything I have, including the boat, is tinted.

Jwiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just pulled the boat out of storage.

TeraFlex 3" lift on 35's with Air Lift 1000 bags @ 30PSI.
Have to get a deeper drop hitch to level it out a bit. Also cant load it without using blocks under the boat jack.

The few posts above will show how much the JKU sags with stock suspension.

The Jeep/Yammie combination looks freakishly awesome! Great color scheme on both. i see your comment about the lift/tire size/ & bags... is the motor stock? Auto/Manual? What gear ratio? How does it pull and stop the boat? I have a full size silverado that is used as the family Truckster and it's what we pull the boat with also. It's getting up there in miles and i seriously debating on a couple year old wrangler. Little concerned about pulling the boat. I read that the only difference between the USA's rubicon 3,500lb and Europe's 4,500lb rating is a larger break kit. Of course i understand it wouldn't be a speedster on the highway, but that's not why you would buy a jeep in the first place. I have had 6 CJ jeeps but the newest was an 1980... spending the amount of money it would take for a couple year old 4 door makes me sweat just thinking about it. :)