• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Electric Car(s) do you own and what do you think of it?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I forgot to post some pics so here they are. We have almost 12k miles on it since mid Sept delivery. No issues and just 1 tire rotation that I scheduled through the app and they did in my driveway for $60.

View attachment 195581View attachment 195582View attachment 195583View attachment 195584
How did she do in the snow? How bad was your range diminished in the cold? lol.....I have 3400 miles on my M3 and neither of those issues will bother me here in SWFL but I am still curious.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How did she do in the snow? How bad was your range diminished in the cold? lol.....I have 3400 miles on my M3 and neither of those issues will bother me here in SWFL but I am still curious.
The all wheel drive handles ice and snow very well. No issues and no getting stuck so far. I thought about getting winter tires but decided to stick with the all seasons this winter and so far it has gone well. The range drops significantly when the temps drop below 15 degrees but the computer predicts it all and gives reliable estimates. In really cold temps it's about 1.8 miles for every actual mile driven. I've seen numbers as high 380Wh/mile when normal summer driving is around 185Wh/mile.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The all wheel drive handles ice and snow very well. No issues and no getting stuck so far. I thought about getting winter tires but decided to stick with the all seasons this winter and so far it has gone well. The range drops significantly when the temps drop below 15 degrees but the computer predicts it all and gives reliable estimates. In really cold temps it's about 1.8 miles for every actual mile driven. I've seen numbers as high 380Wh/mile when normal summer driving is around 185Wh/mile.
One additional note is that when we are driving longer distances in the winter, I find that I need to get in the car and play with the trip computer when the car is fully charged to see what the best places to stop will be. If the temps are going to drop a lot from the time I map it out to the time we leave then I need to make some manual adjustments. I've used the superchargers a handful of times and each stop was about 20 to 25 minutes. Longer than a typical gas station stop but then we were really stretching the distance to avoid additional stops.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This cold temp deal is what I think will be the biggest hurdle that all EV manufacturers need to overcome.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well,

This showed up in the parking lot this morning! I'm sure I'll get a ride in it at some point this week. Really curious to see what it's like.

1678715060711.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Where did you find an EV mower for $500?!?!

I'm gonna need a new mower this year, and that feels really cheap!
I looked at a new EGO riding mower with lithium batteries last year, after we moved into the new house. It was about $1,000 more than a comparable gas mower. Not bad, until I figured the cost of OEM battery replacement when the time came - $2500! An electric ride-on that took standard batteries (48v hookup like a gold cart) would be sweet, but I don't know if anyone offer these.

I bought a John Deere instead. I do have lithium for the push mower, trimmer, and blower, and much prefer these to gas.

Jim

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

There have been crazy deals at Home Depot on their electric yard stuff over the last few days, but I bet most of it is cleared out now. All of their zero turn electrics were marked down to $500, including even larger ones. This was priced at $5700, brand new in crate still.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

I'm assuming Home Depot, they've been clearancing out old e-mowers the past few weeks and a bunch of deal alerts have been popping up on Slickdeals. There were some bad poor reviews of those CC LI mowers on there though, hopefully he has good luck.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm assuming Home Depot, they've been clearancing out old e-mowers the past few weeks and a bunch of deal alerts have been popping up on Slickdeals. There were some bad poor reviews of those CC LI mowers on there though, hopefully he has good luck.
Yeah, I saw those. Figured for $500 it was worth a gamble, even if it only lasts a couple years. Just ordered the yard trailer for it, so going to put it through its paces for sure.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not a full EV but a plug in hybrid w/ 42 mile range with EV. Wife just got herself a 2023 RAV4 prime xse.

373B6484-DBB5-41C8-9AE1-66A22DC14547.jpeg

Quick, too early to tell.

CD1C1EC7-F13E-41EB-8F86-533A10049FB6.jpeg

Gonna need a level 2 32a charge cord. This one is 12a.

Attachments

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Added a Model 3 Performance to the stable. EV trucks weren't doin it for me, so picked one of these up to prolong the life of my truck and keep the miles off. So far I'm in love with it, will be a bit annoying until I can get a charger installed :D .

IMG_4159.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added a Model 3 Performance to the stable. EV trucks weren't doin it for me, so picked one of these up to prolong the life of my truck and keep the miles off. So far I'm in love with it, will be a bit annoying until I can get a charger installed :D .

View attachment 206538

View attachment 206539
Yeah…I can’t imagine not having a home charger! Superchargers are for travel and rich people with time to waste. Smashing that pedal off a green light never gets old :)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just installed a 40a level 2 charger for my wife’s RAV4 Prime. It was nice to reduce charging time from 12 hours to about 2 hours and 20 mins.

5C6EC7D8-2D99-4C88-9FE2-47410094E1AE.jpeg

19495588-2F8A-4A9A-BF3A-6E1CE05DE438.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I may have a 36A 240V charger here for sale in a week or two if anyone is interested.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just installed a 40a level 2 charger for my wife’s RAV4 Prime. It was nice to reduce charging time from 12 hours to about 2 hours and 20 mins.

View attachment 206547

View attachment 206550
Hoping to do the same in our next home for the RAV4P as well. Then again, there's so many charge points in the Bay Area that are free that I'm not in a hurry :p

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah…I can’t imagine not having a home charger! Superchargers are for travel and rich people with time to waste. Smashing that pedal off a green light never gets old :)
Yeah, it was sort of an impulse purchase. Been talking about it for months, but inventory discounts started popping up and seemed like a good time (plus the coming refresh looks underwhelming). At least I can charge at work for now. Should be able to get the wall charger installed within a week - I'd do it myself but to get the rebates and off-peak charging rates, you have to submit the permit and electrician's license LOL.