• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is everyone planning for Memorial Day Weekend?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The lake we live on is full of debris from several recent flash floods and Lake Ouachita is still 5 feet above flood level. If the water does come down we are planning to take some friends for a day of island hopping on Ouachita when things slow down on the Monday. But I believe we will have to live vicariously through you guys for the rest of the holiday. So what is everyone planning?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am planning on heavy driveway boating. A number of mods to finish up.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm heading up to the lake Wdenesday night to work "from home" Thursday to get an earlier start on prep work. We have several friends coming up on Friday for a four day weekend of cookouts, boating, surfing, Wakeboarding, tubing, jet ski riding, games, etc.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If the weather cooperates I hope to put in at McKinley Marina in Milwaukee on Lake Michigan, and spend the day up and down the Milwaukee and KK Rivers. Lotz of nice bars and restaurants to stop at. Strange thing I've noticed about Memorial Day weekend and Labor day weekend is this area isn't crazy overcrowded like the Inland lakes I would normally go to on holiday weekends. There's really no swimming or water sports on this trip, but the Inland lakes aren't exactly warm yet, so its ok with me!

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're taking the boat and RV to Daroga state park on the Columbia River north of Wenatchee, WA. It will be our first time on the water this year! We're going to do some wine tasting too at Tildio Winery and Rio Vista Winery.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually using our other Yamahas. Taking our banshee, rhino, raptor and the kids atvs camping and atv riding.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe grill some steaks but definitely prepping for the Lake Murray get together, trying not to do it at the last minute!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Flying to San Antonio to look at houses:-/

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Heading to the rock river/Oregon IL for 1 night /2 days . Looks like rain is moving in Sunday Monday so cut it short :(

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake Powell, bitches!!! :).

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Columbia River @ Tri-Cities, WA and possibly some Snake River action as well. Forecast is getting better each day. Friends coming down from Seattle, lots of beer and BBQ.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still torn either the lake house or the beach house. The wife wants to come up to the lake but I'm kind of pushing for the beach as someone mentioned earlier the lake will be crazy busy the ICW in Myrtle Beach won't be to terrible.

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Champlain exploration with the new ride that arrives Wednesday. Ive been counting down for 1.5 months. So pumped

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'll still be in Manama Bahrain supporting our fine Navy Sailors. Have a hamburger for me.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our plans right now are to be on Texoma as usual. But as we all know it is 14 feet above normal pool and still rising and probably full of debris. I still have a room reservation and will make the call on Thursday whether we go or not. The weather forecast isn't clear for next weekend either so that is a factor as well.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be on Lewisville for sure. I am not going to let the little bit of debris shorten my season. So far it hasn't been a major issue. I got a small stick stuck in the stbd jet a few weeks ago but it came out easy. We ran across the lake yesterday and had lunch at Captain Jacks with no problems. Just stand while you drive and have your head on a swivel.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remembering the fallen, partying on the Ca Delta, grilling, and just plan ole relaxing and having a good time with my family & friends.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We usually try to avoid to local lakes on Memorial and on the 4th. All of the "once a year" boaters are out on those days and it is always crazy. However if storms are in the forecast, we are all over it because the storms usually don;t show up and everyone else bails!!!

This year, this works well in our plans. We have an out of town wedding on Memorial Weekend and will be driving to Lauderdale for Bimini on the 4th. So unfortunately no boating at all this coming weekend.