• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is everyone planning for Memorial Day Weekend?

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I get everything done and she behaves, I'll probably run St. Johns river thru Jax then down the intracoastal to Palm Coast. Been wanting to do that for a while, but that'll be weather and traffic dependent.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy ........... So kewl ! Might I ask in general where on Oconee is your place ? Maybe we can hook up ?
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian (Ritz side of the Lake)
Our place is in Cuscowilla. We will likely spend a fair amount of time at the sand bar just hanging out. Look forward to seeing you out there.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@H2OBoy : WOW. Tell what day / approx tikme of day you expect to be there. I live "AROUND" the corner from the sand bar - You look at Harry's huge flag at the end of Lighthouse Point, and we live like 1/2 mile down the left side cove.
Gimme a date and approx time and I'll at least ride a SeaDoo over and try to find you.
Many Best Wishes your day, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm going to Eagle Mountain Lake, TX which is finally full...they have a few restaurants around the lake and one in particular you can access it from your boat and they will be having live music all weekend long. Cant wait! :)

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Annual solo drive up North to open up Mom's cottage for her. I go alone because everyone else would just get in the way of "getting 'er done."

I make two trips a year like this - one in spring to open and one in the fall to close/winterize. I figure if she can manage to maintain two places (house and cottage) by herself at the age of 78, I can manage a couple of weekends to go up there and help her out.

Some may ask why we don't find someone local to do it. Well, it's hard to get good help and guess who's gonna be fixing it if someone screws something up? That would be me. I do NOT want to spend my summer vacation up there fixing plumbing and replacing drywall. So I figure I'll save myself the trouble and just plan to go do it myself.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Norris Lake Boating around point 19. Hope to be jumping off the rope swings

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy : WOW. Tell what day / approx tikme of day you expect to be there. I live "AROUND" the corner from the sand bar - You look at Harry's huge flag at the end of Lighthouse Point, and we live like 1/2 mile down the left side cove.
Gimme a date and approx time and I'll at least ride a SeaDoo over and try to find you.
Many Best Wishes your day, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
I'm not exactly sure as we have people dropping in/out all weekend. I have your phone number from your PM a little while back. I can shoot you a quick text when I know we will be in the area. It would be great to meet up with you.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully and as long as it's not too crazy, the ICW and nearshore around ponce inlet. If it's crazy busy I might just watch the ramp follies on the bench for a bit then go over to the beach.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The Mrs. had to work. I say had, because she just got a message that she doesn't have to! So we are going to scope out the lake at Lake Murray and try out one of the great RV campgrounds on it's shore. We will take the boat and check out cove or beach spots for our Tex/Ark/Okla gathering the following weekend!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE , you guys still going to Texoma? It is 17.9 feet over normal pool!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PEARCE , you guys still going to Texoma? It is 17.9 feet over normal pool!
Nope! I just canceled our hotel room. There's just too much water and debris floating around in it that makes it dangerous. None of the docks are going to have electricity or water service this weekend either so my buddys that I normally hangout with aren't going to be there. The weather isn't looking very good either so that seals the deal of us not going. We look at it this way, it's saving us money for our summer travels later this summer. I'm REALLY looking forward to Lake Murrey now since I can't get my Texoma fix this weekend.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm just really jealous that you guys get to get your boats out and enjoy the water. Here in Ohio, it looks like another suck-ass weekend so the boat will sit. Have a great weekend and thank you to those who serve/served!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was originally planning to go to South Holston on Friday and camp at Little Oak Campground through Monday, as of right now I changed the plan and am going to leave Thursday afternoon and get an early start. Hoping to get a little time on the lake before the crowd, if it gets too hectic we will sit back and enjoy the scenery, do a little fishing, surfing and tubing.

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
14 rv's heading to Saylorville lake. 3 boats and about 35 people. Hope to see some Iowa jet boaters down there. If the weather doesn't cooperate we're camping in a huge circle with 14 hookups and a shelter in the middle with seating for 64. Come on over and party!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Smith Mountain Lake in VA for the weekend.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
14 rv's heading to Saylorville lake. 3 boats and about 35 people. Hope to see some Iowa jet boaters down there. If the weather doesn't cooperate we're camping in a huge circle with 14 hookups and a shelter in the middle with seating for 64. Come on over and party!
If we lived closer to Iowa we would be making the 15th rv in the group. That sounds like a blast! Y'all have a great time and be safe.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Smith Mountain Lake in VA for the weekend.

How is that Lake? I havent made it out there yet, but recently looked at maybe buying a house out there and transferring my job from Northern Virginia to Roanoke.... I may make a trip down there this summer....

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How is that Lake? I havent made it out there yet, but recently looked at maybe buying a house out there and transferring my job from Northern Virginia to Roanoke.... I may make a trip down there this summer....

No idea! @DieselCamel went last year and spoke highly of it. We're going together this year and staying on the lake with another couple.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My weekend officially started about an hour ago when I pulled out of the driveway. I am stopped at the grocery store about 15 miles from the lake, getting grub then going to set up camp and splash the boat. Hoping the lake is a bit quiet this afternoon so I can play around with my new ballast. Pics to come in the appropriate threads!

image.jpg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My weekend officially started about an hour ago when I pulled out of the driveway. I am stopped at the grocery store about 15 miles from the lake, getting grub then going to set up camp and splash the boat. Hoping the lake is a bit quiet this afternoon so I can play around with my new ballast. Pics to come in the appropriate threads!

View attachment 22240
Good luck with your ballast tests, I'd hate for you to have to make the decision to sell that beautiful boat! I was out last night messing around with ballast again trying to get the best push I can. Still a ways to go figuring it out so i can go rope-less. The good news was that compared to the 53 degree water from two days ago on the Columbia the water temp on Lake Chelan was a balmy 60 degrees.