• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the "real" top speed for a 190 FSH Sport? Apples to apples...

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last 2 outings my 190 sport made it to 43.5 with the wife and I and full yeti. This weekend I will get pictures (hopefully) . Changing the oil and checking plugs tomorrow (10hr service) , so who knows what will happen afterwards.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I usually hit approx 43 mph on the Yamaha gauge, but my Garmin 74sv shows the speed as 37 mph. Not sure which is more accurate.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I usually hit approx 43 mph on the Yamaha gauge, but my Garmin 74sv shows the speed as 37 mph. Not sure which is more accurate.
They are different speed readings. Connext is reading speed over water (spinning wheel under boat) and Garmin is speed over land (GPS). They will almost always read different based on current, wind, temperature, density and maybe some other factors.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
GPS speed is more accurate then any speedometer in a boat or a vehicle.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My Garmin 94sv is always within 3/10s of the connex

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I always use my GPS for tracking actual speed. My boat would previously hit 40 mph (43 mph Connex) with 2 persons on the leaning post and half tank or less of fuel with no gear. I recently added Jeff's CJS Viper Steering System and lost 1.5 mph on the same stretch of test water (flat, no current, or wind during test runs). Since speed has been my biggest concern rather than handling, I am contemplating taking the VIPER off. I am not ready to "delete" the ribbon from the intake since I would like to keep my warranty as I'm of the school of thought that if Yamaha put it in there it has to be for a good reason.

I run on a lake at 445 ft about sea level. I have not heard of that elevation causing much in the way of performance loss so I' thinking my average of 38 mph may be the norm for the 190 FSH and the rest of you lucky bastards skipping across the water at 43+ on GPS are just that, lucky bastards. ;)