• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the "real" top speed for a 190 FSH Sport? Apples to apples...

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was out yesterday and couldn't break 40 MPH by myself with a half tank of gas. I also noticed that I couldn't get to 8000 RPM's, it hung around 7400 to 7600. The only difference is I installed the Seadek and an Axi0m 9 with RV-100 transom mount transducer. Is it possible that the transducer can take 5 MPH off the top speed?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was out yesterday and couldn't break 40 MPH by myself with a half tank of gas. I also noticed that I couldn't get to 8000 RPM's, it hung around 7400 to 7600. The only difference is I installed the Seadek and an Axi0m 9 with RV-100 transom mount transducer. Is it possible that the transducer can take 5 MPH off the top speed?
Lol no. If it was a thru hull ducer....maybe...but it would probably have to be a 2K-3K model which I doubt any jet boat has.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Full tank of gas will make a difference, the only times I hit over 40 MPH (gps speed) is when 2 persons on board and half a tank of gas on a flat day.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The picture above at 44 MPH was posted by me with three guys on board and with a half tank of gas. Sunday, I was by myself with less than half a tank and could not get past 40 MPH on flat water with no wind. I'm wondering if anyone knows why this would happen, and also why I could not get to 8000 RPM. I had quite a bit of slack in the throttle cable but took it out before I went out Sunday. I am running STA-BIL in this tank of gas for the winter months, will that knock the octane level down in the gas? I only run 90+ octane gas with no ethanol, usually bought on the water for $5 bucks a gallon.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've used the boat speedometer on both outings so the "TRUE" speed really doesn't matter, I am just trying to figure out why it has a slower indicated speed with one person than it does with four people using the factory speedo

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
so had to delete my previous post trying to figure out an answer to your dilemma. We’re all of you in the back by the leaning post or spread out 1 up front 2 back. weight distribution on these boats play a major effect on speed.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
While attaining 44 MPH we had three across the back and one sitting on the bench in front of the center console. Since my boat is a 2016 model, both batteries are on the left side, I wonder if having 140 lbs on that side of the boat effects the performance with only me on board?

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
with the three people on back would create a trim effect bringing the bow up in turn less drag on the boat. do you use the fish box or the ice chest for drinks and snacks when your out?

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most of the time, the only thing in the fish box are my mooring bumpers. I would guess no more than 25 lbs of gear forward of the center console. (Coast Guard Coastal kit and life jackets)

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
well the only thing i could tell you to try is fill your live well about halfway and see if it makes any difference next time your out by yourself. would offset your and battery weight i would think and maybe lift the bow

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My TOP speed with myself, wife, and a small cooler was 38 MPH here in middle TN on a glass-topped lake with a full gas tank. Top speed with 2 extra people dropped to 33. I like cruising to save fuel, but I gotta say this boat feels a pretty weak with the hammer down...

Oh yeah, and I've never been close to 8000 RPMs either. Top is 72-7300.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2018 190fsh Sport in the gulf 4 adults , the other male passenger and myself push 460 lbs collectively , full 45qt yeti , full tank of gas top speed was 38.5 mph , the wife and I and my daughter , full yeti , full tank 41.5 in morning 39 on way back with choppy seas. Only 5.5 hours on boat .

Chadharter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2017 190 FSH Sport - just picked it up last week (bought new-closeout). Had 6 people on board, 1080 pounds of human, full cooler, full tank of gas. Hit 35MPH one time at over 7000RPM. I’m fine with that.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Actually hit 43.5(connex and Garmin 94sv) Sunday morning in the bay with chop. The wife and I , 2 anchors for the beach , loaded yeti under the seat , full tank , and standard fishing gear. On the way back 39 was all she could muster .lol. pretty happy with speed and the fact that it didn't take on hardly any water after 7 hours in the ocean. Also went through 3-5 footers ( not fun but made it through) .And the storage area under console was even bone dry.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Actually hit 43.5(connex and Garmin 94sv) Sunday morning in the bay with chop. The wife and I , 2 anchors for the beach , loaded yeti under the seat , full tank , and standard fishing gear. On the way back 39 was all she could muster .lol. pretty happy with speed and the fact that it didn't take on hardly any water after 7 hours in the ocean. Also went through 3-5 footers ( not fun but made it through) .And the storage area under console was even bone dry.

Look on page 2 of this post and i have two pictures posted of my lowrance showing what i have been able to get to. Now i have to change my impeller due to wear and damage but i’m still able to get 40 mph just getting on plane is the problem.

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Blindduck Are you completely stock? I find it hard to believe there's such a variation in speed between our two boats. Mine is a 2018, but from what I can tell the only differences are purely cosmetic. As an experiment I removed all gear and equipment from the boat, filled the live well halfway and ran it by myself on a 1/4 mile stretch of flat water and saw 39.5 on GPS. What gives??

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Blindduck Are you completely stock? I find it hard to believe there's such a variation in speed between our two boats. Mine is a 2018, but from what I can tell the only differences are purely cosmetic. As an experiment I removed all gear and equipment from the boat, filled the live well halfway and ran it by myself on a 1/4 mile stretch of flat water and saw 39.5 on GPS. What gives??

I’m taking mine out tomorrow even knowing my impeller has some issues and the spark plugs are not gaped correctly i will take a picture of my lowrance with me and a buddy and a cooler full and post. Only difference is i do have a CJS Viper steering system on it and ribbon delete. Necessary to keep boat tracking straight in the rough.

Last edited:

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm looking to upgrade in a few years if/when Yamaha releases a 23'+ FSH with twin HOs or SVHOs so I'm trying to leave this rig stock and save the extra money for that. Until then, I'll live with the pontoon speeds...