• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the "real" top speed for a 190 FSH Sport? Apples to apples...

Damon Boutwell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
WOT for me with 2 people and gear is 44-45 mph, with 3 of us WOT is 40-42 depending upon smoothness of water. Pensacola Bay is where I go mostly.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
45 with 2 people full tank and 50lb of gear...40 easy with 3 adults 2 children and full tank.. but also depends on water conditions

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've never gotten close to 45mph on our fsh.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Never gotten near 40 with mine. Think that the large top, although much nicer than the stock one, is like a parachute....

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
45 GPS or Speedo speed?
The fastest i've been in my FSH is 42 mph GPS 2 persons, flat day, full of gear, half tank.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was out yesterday, 2 adults, almost full tank. Got it up to 38. Swear the large top is a parachute....

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I must be an old fart. I'm perfectly content running 6k rpm 25-30mph. Never even seen WOT.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
While we're on the subject...has anyone thought of installing a 2° wedge to bring the bow up..would be like trimming on an outboard to reach optimum speed..

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've hit 80 o yah that was towing it that's the only way a 190 is going fast!

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had 4 adults and 3/4 tank of fuel, with a tail wind. Got to 40 mph no problem on the intercostal/river, just off the Gulf.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was that down hill too

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Lots of good comments. Keep in mind this is a $30,000 +/- deep vee, center console jet boat with a pretty specific target market. Most of us have bought the FSH because there is a combination of these things that we wanted. The jet is not fast for the horsepower - get an outboard if you need fast. The hole shot on my FSH is actually better than my 21 foot Triton F&S with a 225 Mercury Optimax. While I could hit a top end of 50 +, after knocking off the second prop in the stumps I opted for the jet. Have run my jet skis and FSH all over the lake with no issues. Also, power and speed is not only expensive but comes at a cost of range and more fill ups. Our FXHO jet ski will run through two to three tanks of gas for every one on the VX cruiser. Guess which one is out on the lake the most when we have a crowd (hint - I pay for and have to haul the gas!). I would love a little more power and speed but that has been the case with nearly every car, boat, etc I have owned (exception is FXHO jet ski - it is plenty fast enough). Overall happy with the FSH although I think 21' with FXHO engine would be a sweet spot but not enough for me to upgrade. Warm weather is on the way - getting all the plugs and holes resealed with the great info and looking forward to a super year.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been recaulking my boat too we'll see what happens thinking about getting a Black Oak light bar and mount it to the T top and maybe a trolling motor setup damn I need some speakers for the top to and some amps looks like the 40 Grand I spent last year isn't enough I'm about to start spending more this year I also want to buy some fat sacks to try to wakesurf but I'm not sure how good it's going to work i surf at my beach break all the time I just don't want to buy bags and a board and it doesn't work want to make sure I can go rope less maybe I shouldn't I paid the boat off so soon as I have more money for other stuff for the boat

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've seen some 22-24' bay boats that make the FSH look like a deep V. Compared to a Mako 204, not so much. Somewhere in between but still a 19' boat so offshore is limited. I like the compromise. Would I rather have a 234 Mako, 225 SH Triton or a 2300 Tidewater? Hell yes! Over 2' seas and I don't want to be out in it fishing for very long anyhow. On a Blackwell 57 CC, I might up that a little. Now I'm just dreaming!

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These guys take their bay boat out grouper fishing in the gulf. Looks "a little" more shallow than my FSH although longer.

Flats boat. I have no desire for one. I hate getting swamped by a speeding kayaker paddling by at 3 knots.

Mako calls this an offshore boat. Nice deep hull for it's size. If it had a head, I would have went that route instead of the FSH

My FSH seems somewhere in between. Wish Yamaha would have copied the Mako 184 hull while keeping the FSH interior.

Compared to your Tidewater, they're all bay boats! :D

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure the FSH constitutes a deep-vee classification...
...Eye of the beholder for sure. I am a lake guy, not offshore so that makes a difference. Most of the bass rockets are pretty shallow along with mud boats and stump jumpers. Maybe "middle V" at least?

S

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Took my 2017 FSH Deluxe with custom T-Top out in the Gulf of Mexico this weekend for the first time... My top speed was just touching 30-32 MPH with the TAC topping out at 7000 rpm with two people, 3/4 tank of gas and basically no gear... Looking through this post it seems that many folks have experienced varying levels of performance with their FSH within different environments (lakes/ocean/load)...

I will also add that when I demoed the FSH Sport (with factory T-Top) with the dealer on a local lake, I was able to get that boat up to 40-44 MPH with 4 people (not sure on fuel) and basic gear (doc lines, life jackets)...

I know these boats are not built for speed however there seems to be quite a difference between the results of the FSH Sport demo with Factory T-Top and my experience with my FSH Deluxe with custom T-Top. Granted. my custom T-Top is probably adding another 50-75 lbs compared to the Sport model Factory T-Top but I wouldn't think that would make too much of a difference...

Is 7000 rpm the max that the FSH motor will produce? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited: