• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the "real" top speed for a 190 FSH Sport? Apples to apples...

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I assume you have the Saltwater series top from Cycle Springs. I did also. The top was beautiful, and much larger than the factory. It did slow it down tremendously. I believe I topped out at 36 WOT. It was my biggest and really only concern with this boat. Ehren, I have a custom mooring cover for that boat with that top for sale cheap if you are interested.....

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I assume you have the Saltwater series top from Cycle Springs. I did also. The top was beautiful, and much larger than the factory. It did slow it down tremendously. I believe I topped out at 36 WOT. It was my biggest and really only concern with this boat. Ehren, I have a custom mooring cover for that boat with that top for sale cheap if you are interested.....
@CAT Chaser, Thanks for the feedback... sounds like you ended up selling your FSH? If so, was it due to the overall speed issues?

Thanks for the offer however I currently have a cover. Out of curiosity, what are you asking for the cover?

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did trade it in. Had it 5 months. I did like it. We used the boat more in the 5 months I had it than we used my 20' Hydra Sport in 3 years. The other boat was older and I feel that my wife did not trust it as much. She actually felt that the boat was too small, all I needed to hear. I follow this site still because I had no ill feelings towards the boat. The only beef was the speed. But I would still have it if we did not out grow it. There are times in shallow water I miss it. Cover is 650 new I believe....sell for 300. Maybe Ill see you out at 3Rooker or Anclote. I always stop and talk to anyone I see with a FSH. Saw one at the ramp last weekend. Guy said he was from Inverness....

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I first got mine after break in was done, i saw 41 on my gps with 1/2 fuel two people and very little gear( basic safety gear, lines ,anchor) That was on flat water. Friday i was out with the wife and only saw 36 on gps. This time was 7/8 fuel, two trolling motor batteries up front, more gear, and a bit of wind (cant really say waves as they werent really waves) I know I lost a few mph by the running attitude of the boat changing with the two batteries up front.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It really doesn't take much to throw these boats off I have learned...Weight placement is crucial..Checking to make sure your throttle cable hits the bump stop at full throttle...If you remove the ribion delete you cavitate at take off....There are things that can be done to get more ..thr 190 guys have done all the research...2° wedge...Ribion delete ..Programmer...Lucky 13 cone... Different impellers etc...Just depends on how far you want to go.
.The 2° wedge would probably help for the front battery placement...But to each there own

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It really doesn't take much to throw these boats off I have learned...Weight placement is crucial..Checking to make sure your throttle cable hits the bump stop at full throttle...If you remove the ribion delete you cavitate at take off....There are things that can be done to get more ..thr 190 guys have done all the research...2° wedge...Ribion delete ..Programmer...Lucky 13 cone... Different impellers etc...Just depends on how far you want to go.
.The 2° wedge would probably help for the front battery placement...But to each there own
Please help out a newbie. I have a 2016 fsh sport. Extra weight up front port side from Minnkota riptide 36 volt with 3 dedicated batteries under the front deck. Boat seems slow. Just me, the minnkota, , fishing gear and half a tank tops out at 32mph. Your language far surpasses my understanding of what changes you are suggesting. Can you be very specific? Dont mind spending money for proven upgrades.
Thanks
This forum has already proven to be invaluable.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The extra 220 pounds up front from your trolling motor set up did not help your cause. Add an onboard charger or two and some gear and your waterline will look like mine plowing the the water all bow heavy. Try a speed test with no trolling motor mounted and then fill up your livewell to see if the boat's attitude changes. I notice even with my trolling motor on (80#24v) when I fill the livewell it tends to balance out the boat better. The more gear I can stow under the right rear seat (anchor line and chain) seem to help too. I'll see 38-39 mph at WFO depending on wind and fuel load.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The extra 220 pounds up front from your trolling motor set up did not help your cause. Add an onboard charger or two and some gear and your waterline will look like mine plowing the the water all bow heavy. Try a speed test with no trolling motor mounted and then fill up your livewell to see if the boat's attitude changes. I notice even with my trolling motor on (80#24v) when I fill the livewell it tends to balance out the boat better. The more gear I can stow under the right rear seat (anchor line and chain) seem to help too. I'll see 38-39 mph at WFO depending on wind and fuel load.
You are right. That troller and batteries weigh a ton but the convenience and features of using the riptide all day long for trolling, anchoring, auto-deploy etc outweighs the lead factor. Will try to shift other weight aft and and side to side to see if the speed increases.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh I'm all for the trolling motor and any adverse side effects it may cause are well worth it. Use it 10:1 to my gas engine. My 80# makes my FSH fly on higher settings, I'd imagine you could knee board behind your 36v! Did you need that for evil wind and current?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh I'm all for the trolling motor and any adverse side effects it may cause are well worth it. Use it 10:1 to my gas engine. My 80# makes my FSH fly on higher settings, I'd imagine you could knee board behind your 36v! Did you need that for evil wind and current?
Yup. Very strong motor. Lake Ontario is a big lake and can get bigger in a hurry with high winds. Wanted something I could troll all day for salmon and not have to worry about running short of juice. Nice to have as an emergency backup motor to get back to the marina too if the main goes sideways. Takes a lot of power to haul a boat that weight against a headwind and chop for any extended period. Might have been overkill but wanted to make sure I had too much rather than too little. So far so good.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We'll have had 7 people, 2 dogs, full cooler and half a tank of gas with Bimini up and only could get 35mph. Was out tonight with the wife so just two of us, two dogs and Bimini down. 44mph. This boat really is weight sensitive. Never had a boat that weight had such a negative effect

Attachments

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We hit 35 with 5 people 24 volts riptide setup yeti full and fishing gear and two surfboards and surf gear it was really sluggish thow we had everything but the kitchen sink

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We hit 35 with 5 people 24 volts riptide setup yeti full and fishing gear and two surfboards and surf gear it was really sluggish thow we had everything but the kitchen sink
IMO, this boat is underpowered....period! No one should have to worry about having two or three people on a boat rated for eight, with half a tank, two rods and three minnows in the livewell. Biggest dissapointment is the lack of power and embarasses me whenever I take someone for their first ride. Lobe the boat but is a poser for power.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not necessarily unhappy with the top speed. I think based on the size and what it is 45mph range is in line. However with that said I think the boat should be able to do that with 4-5 aboard as well.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Maybe my T top slows it down due to weight and sail effect but I have never reached anything near 35 mph. I'm happy for those getting satisfactory acceleration and speed, but I'm not one of them. I wouldn't even care if I had to spend money for some power upgrade but I haven't heard of anything that would make a significant difference. Suggestions welcome.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hopefully someone will come up with a mod that's worth spending money on with a real gain. Seems to me possiblity a new jet impeller could make an improvement? I'm assuming it works the same as a prop but just with pitch?

Last edited: