• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this?

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR 190. This is looking under the tray of the swim deck (cleanout tray). What is this and what is this wire running to it?

Attachments

• What is this.jpg
    What is this.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 98
ah that makes sense. Thanks. Where is the stock depth finder on 192 and 195's?

Pretty sure on the year boat you have, your speed is GPS based. That item is more likely the depth transducer/water thermometer.

No. Mister Fister is right. it has the wheel underneath. Has to be speed. My boat (AR190) doesn't have depth transducer or water temp. Only the AR192 and AR195 have it.

I stand corrected!

I thought my 192 took the speed from the transducer until some weeds jammed up the paddle wheel.

I thought my 192 took the speed from the transducer until some weeds jammed up the paddle wheel.
I’m curious where the transducer is on the 192? Can send a picture? I will need to pick a spot for mine when I add it and I’m curious where Yamaha put them.

That's the muffler bearing. Remember the location for that. It usually requires replacing at the most inoportune time, such as when a woman has ideas for how to spend your day for you. Unfortunately, servicing it can't be put off, and must be done ASAP, as the boat may sink. Print this out, undoubtedly people will require proof of this and won't just take your word for it. Service is pretty straightforward, but one wrong move and it can easily turn into a 12-beer job. When finished, test at your local sandbar to verify water tightness. This is all in the manual, but in case you don't have access to it, we're here to help.

That's the muffler bearing. Remember the location for that. It usually requires replacing at the most inoportune time, such as when a woman has ideas for how to spend your day for you. Unfortunately, servicing it can't be put off, and must be done ASAP, as the boat may sink. Print this out, undoubtedly people will require proof of this and won't just take your word for it. Service is pretty straightforward, but one wrong move and it can easily turn into a 12-beer job. When finished, test at your local sandbar to verify water tightness. This is all in the manual, but in case you don't have access to it, we're here to help.
I thought it was in the dealer-only service manual, which is impossible to get as an end user? Pesky dealers. So glad we have such a great and supportive community here ;)

Back