• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What might be in store for 2023?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bet the cleanouts would be more productive if we pushed weeds through the clean out, rather than try to pull the up through.
That's what I've done, using the boat-hook, I push them out the bottom and then pull loose any that are wrapped around the shaft. I never have any in the actual impeller as they get chopped off and then block the intake grate. Last summer was bad for weeds in some areas. This year we'll be in those areas earlier in the season to avoid the late season growth.

Coburndj63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My guess?

"Supply chain issues have resulted in a 10% price increase across the board.. Inventories are expected to be very limited, so get your non refundable deposits in to pay over MSRP now".
Put deposit money down on a 252SE. My dealer said at least 7% increase, but could be as high as 10%. Interest rates going up too! Wish I would’ve bought last year!!! Who knew!

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My assumption… Nothing will change for 2023, except prices will still go up. Maybe minor details like paint and trim but nothing huge because the supply chain issues will continue for longer than we can fathom. I do agree with @SCP1 though, eventually the 21’ will become a 22’ for sure. And the idea of a head compartment would be a huge deal if they can make it happen! Makes you wonder if they will ever change the 19’ to 20’ 🤔
That be nice to see the 19 become a 20ft . Doubt that will happen only because the 19ft just fits in a normal size garage . So that’s the market they reach with the 19ft boats.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 19 and the 21 are very popular sizes in their groups, doubt very much yamaha will make them larger because it loses its appeal its their own market. The 24 moving to a 24.5 wasn't a big enough change to lose its market. They still have a a 2.5 foot larger boat with the 272.

So i doubt they will move the LOA much. But i am sure the 21 will get the 250/252 rear seat/transom walk through with movable seat backs on the 212

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yamaha is very similar to Honda. They could very easily come out with amazing things, just they won't. They're too risk averse. They won't put any different motors than they can in every single thing they have. Just the way they are. You may get small tweaks here or there, but that's largely it. Could they make a push button, ropeless, surf machine? Without a doubt. They could easily make a boat with higher freeboard, 3k lbs of ballast stock, using the push button wake shaper they have already. They just won't do it. I'd like to see their X models really become X boats. If you're spending 100k already you're flirting with real surf boat money without that capability. With the transoms these tow boats have now a days the swim platform isn't a big differentiator anymore.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha is very similar to Honda. They could very easily come out with amazing things, just they won't. They're too risk averse. They won't put any different motors than they can in every single thing they have. Just the way they are. You may get small tweaks here or there, but that's largely it. Could they make a push button, ropeless, surf machine? Without a doubt. They could easily make a boat with higher freeboard, 3k lbs of ballast stock, using the push button wake shaper they have already. They just won't do it. I'd like to see their X models really become X boats. If you're spending 100k already you're flirting with real surf boat money without that capability. With the transoms these tow boats have now a days the swim platform isn't a big differentiator anymore.
Well said, they are this way in every powersport category for good reason. It's a proven model.

And you can bet there is a japanese board sitting back just waiting for the Surf fad to fade, as wake surfing gets more and more regulated on small lakes.

Keep building swiss army knife boats Yamaha, we dig 'em. As I sit on my swim platform with my wife and friends while our buddys are trying to do the same on their $280K Supra.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well said, they are this way in every powersport category for good reason. It's a proven model.

And you can bet there is a japanese board sitting back just waiting for the Surf fad to fade, as wake surfing gets more and more regulated on small lakes.

Keep building swiss army knife boats Yamaha, we dig 'em. As I sit on my swim platform with my wife and friends while our buddys are trying to do the same on their $280K Supra.
Japanese brands are very much like that. Had a buddy who's dad was a VP way up in Honda America and eventually retired due to the old ways of the brand wanting to take things easy and not try and stretch their brand. His last gig was to revive Acura and bring out the NSX which he felt wasn't enough and shortly retired after that.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't expect too much innovation, till they need it to move sales.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess?

"Supply chain issues have resulted in a 10% price increase across the board.. Inventories are expected to be very limited, so get your non refundable deposits in to pay over MSRP now".
10%? Wishful thinking! Used cars are at about $10,000 what they should be. I'm thinking well over 10%.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10%? Wishful thinking! Used cars are at about $10,000 what they should be. I'm thinking well over 10%.
The Toyota dealer i work for has had shit for inventory for the past year and a half. Probably 1/3 less sales but we have had record sales profit, breaking all kinds of numbers. The markups have been ridiculous. There are companies buying new corollas and bringing to auction and making huge profits on the.. this insanity has to stop. Buyers are not very smart, Most are underwater from day one.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess was made before we had 9 plus percent inflation.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told between the 23rd-26th

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rumor mill that was passed on to me recently, this week, is that there could be an all new 21'. Whether that is the whole line or just an addition of one I am unsure. 30th is when information should be released. 2023 models won't be going till after that, so looks like September before they start showing up.

Take it for what it is worth.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The rumor mill that was passed on to me recently, this week, is that there could be an all new 21'. Whether that is the whole line or just an addition of one I am unsure. 30th is when information should be released. 2023 models won't be going till after that, so looks like September before they start showing up.

Take it for what it is worth.
That's highly likely. As they lead with flagship models and then roll the smaller boats 2 years later with some shared features. We have two years of 25 footers no, so this seems logical if history is indication.

21 footers with adjustable stern seating. Potential self deploying wake shapers in x models. Maybe a 215x or 215s or 215ss. A 215 would really get some attention. As a pair of 250hp engines in the smaller package would satisfy the ones asking for more displacement. Minimal engineering to deliver it as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length