• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What price to offer on this boat?

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be patient. I passed on many that I thought were the perfect boat, and in hindsight I am so glad I did. I would strongly suggest this forum's classified section. I was able to pick up a '15 with every upgrade I could have wanted for $41k last summer. Because of the forum I was able to research the posts and could see how much the owner cared and took care of the boat. The fact he was 8 hours away didn't bother me at all because I felt like I knew what I was getting. If only I would have been as lucky with the tow vehicle, which was bought at a dealership...:banghead:

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice to see this thread back on track. So annoying when they go off the rails.
@MrReaux Just curious what led you to consider a 242ls? You said you had young kids, I can assure you, having 6 grand kids, that they are just thrilled to be on the water, so what ever you get will be a big hit. I'm going to say that in my experience the big platform on the back of the boat is the most popular place for the kids with the boat sitting still. They love to play in the water and the back deck is by far the best feature for kids. Have you had a chance to see the other Yamaha models? I imagine if you have a budget, you can get a much newer model if you downsize and the experts on this forum would probably agree, newer and low hours are a better bet when buying private party (most bang for your buck).