• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have just ordered a Scarab 165 ID 250HP. Pricing info as follows:

2018 Scarab 165 ID 250hp Rotax $27744
Exterior: denim blue
Interior: neutral w/ black accent
Digital speed control $880
Impact graphics $220
Swim platform mat gray $280
Cockpit marine mat $500
Trailering cover $613
Galvanized trailer $513
Aluminum wheels upgrade $160
Aluminum spare tire $220
Freight $1553
Prep $300

Total list price: $32983, which includes owners kit (life jackets, fire extinguisher, anchor, fenders, throw cushion, etc.) and 5-year Rotax engine warranty.
After 5% off and $500 Scarab Jet Ahead Rebate. Final OTD price = $30,834. No sales tax in NH.
The dealer will deliver the boat + trailer to my driveway for free. I know the price is not that great, but it was the best price I could get.

Aaron Westbrook

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys, I'm trying to get an idea of what a good deal on a scarab would be, so if you don't mind sharing what you paid, please do!

Model:
Price:
Purchase date:

Thanks guys!
2014 215 HO Impulse (Demo w/o decals, ballast, tower, speakers, single axle trailer)
$$ mid 40K in Michigan
Purchased last summer ('17)

Surferd15

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
2017 HOI new left over. Listed $51400k- 42,766 plus tax title. Has premuim sound with the rear touch screen, marine mat, command center dash!, trailer cover, gatorhyde trailer. Phantom grey/atomic. Good deal? Was looking at a 18, 195ho phantom grey/cognac interior. Bowfiller, marine mat, prem sound, gatorhyde trailer $40,500-no tower.

Reindeer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looking at a scarab 2015 165Ho impulse with 30 hours on it for 40k.
The scarabs are very expensive in Aus. But nice boats..

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Uh... I have a 2015 "195" impulse with 50 hrs... I will sell you for 40k. My boat is garage kept.

Reindeer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Papabear,
The 195 impulses are 90- 100k here for a 2017 model. So bloody expensive, i was origionally looking at boats in the states to ship over as they were half the price almost.
But they do hit you pretty hard with all the freight costs. Probably worth it to fill a container of boats and sell the others here.

Magicmatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
2017 Scarab 165g
Minnesota
Bought new last July
$20,500

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
brand new 2018 Scarab 215 ID Wake Edition with twin 250s and pretty much all the other upgrades EXCEPT the touch screen command centre. - $73,500 CAD ( $57400 USD)

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2015 215 - original owner purchased in 2016 ... has 5 yr xferable warranty ... sea deck and the two covers $28k w/45 hours

Brian Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hello all I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot to help me make an informed decision on my next boat purchase. Was all set to buy a Yamaha but was keeping my options open. Went to our local Sea Ray dealer to look at a Bayliner and ended up putting a deposit on a new 2018 Scarab 195G. The wife and I really liked the interior and overall look of the boat. $33,500 and their contingent trade in offer for our old pontoon was within 1k of what I would have took for it selling it outright. Going out in the next couple days to test drive the boat and seal the deal if we like it. Any advice on things I should specifically pay attention to? I have been boating for over 20 years but my only experience with jets is riding Sea Doos and Wave Runners a few times.

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We had a Volvo duo prop deck boat for 30 years and also have had pwc for 20 years. After seeing a scarab at a boat show we loved the the looks and details of the boat. I then did a lot of reading on this site noting issues with these boats. Some were spot on, such as -bolts loose on intake grate, -water intake hose clamp going into exhaust manifold was finger loose; missing snaps on marine floor mat, -metal and fiberglass shavings under engine, -engine hatch opened a couple times while trailering, -rpm still in the 7700 to 7800 range (been putting in 92 octane, going to mix in some 100 octane gas to see if I can get to the 8100 rpm, I think the humidity in Mn is keeping the rpms down).... overall not to many issues compared to some on this forum. It has taken my wife and I several hours to get used to reversing etc and really love the manurverability of the boat. I see you posted a question on a tower, the scarab tower was expensive, we wanted the Bimini top and with grandkids coming up went with the tower Bimini combo. Scarab did a good job on the design and we like the way it hinges down so we can put it in the boat lift canopy. So far no issues with it.

Bring a good flashlight to inspect for water under the motor after your test, there is a forum member who has a new boat and the carbon seal leaking https://jetboaters.net/threads/water-in-bilge-pump-area-when-docking.19182/, Regarding max rpms since it’s new the engine computer will keep the max rpms low until the engine is broken in.

Have fun.

Brian Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thanks for the help I will check that thread and definitely bring a flashlight. This will only be my second new boat and first new one that I got to test drive first (mostly due to my own impatience)

Looked all dry after test run on the Ohio. Really fun to drive. Papers are signed and I just wrote the biggest check I ever have...only thing left is picking it up just in time for some late season trips

Last edited:

SaltySnipe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey All!
I'll be taking delivery of a 2015 195 impulse. Has the Premium sound but I think thats it for options. It was 30K even. 19hrs on the clock.

Todd W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
2016 215 Impulse Wake edition Twin 250's, cockpit cover, chrome trailer wheels, upgraded sound and tower speakers 22 hours on the clocks, sticker said $78K. I paid $45K. Guy I bought it from bought it in 2017 as a carry over and stated he just didn't like the way it drove, I'm thinking the whole reverse brain thing for backing up and the drift under low power. Plus I think he want a fast boat he could putter around the lake in once in a while and lower speeds take more input (based on the one hour of time I have in this thing!) I have some mechanical questions for the experts and twin engine owners but I will put that in the general forum some some help.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Well, I believe our ‘19 215 ID has been ordered!!!

We signed the order sheet approving it!!!

Options are:

Impulse Denim Blue.
Denim Blue interior.
200hp motors.
Versa lounge.
Wake tower.
Underwater/dock lights.
Digital speed control.
Swim platform mat- grey.
Scarab marine mat.
Both bow/cockpit & the trailer covers.
Galvanized tandem axle trailer.
Spare tire/mount.

MSRP $69,952 before delivery and prep (additional $3071= So $73,023 w/ delivery/prep)
$56,722 before tax, title, trade, etc...

We feel we did ok. Plus we have been told we are receiving the additional 2yr motor warranty as well.

Now for the 215 to arrive, snowmobile season to be over, and the summer to be back!!!

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello all I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot to help me make an informed decision on my next boat purchase. Was all set to buy a Yamaha but was keeping my options open. Went to our local Sea Ray dealer to look at a Bayliner and ended up putting a deposit on a new 2018 Scarab 195G. The wife and I really liked the interior and overall look of the boat. $33,500 and their contingent trade in offer for our old pontoon was within 1k of what I would have took for it selling it outright. Going out in the next couple days to test drive the boat and seal the deal if we like it. Any advice on things I should specifically pay attention to? I have been boating for over 20 years but my only experience with jets is riding Sea Doos and Wave Runners a few times.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congratulations on your tentative purchase
I payed last month at the boat show 31500. so you are in the ball park for price. We are still waiting for warm weather here in Wisconsin but we are excited and cant wait for the spring and summer months.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, I'm trying to get an idea of what a good deal on a scarab would be, so if you don't mind sharing what you paid, please do!

Model:2018 195G
Price:31500
Purchase date: January 28 2019

Thanks guys!

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you have the opportunity to test drive a Yamaha as well as a Scarab I would recommend that. That way you can really compare the two boats. Don't let the flashy interior of the Scarab blur your vision. I'm curious to know your opinion on operating a jet drive vs a Stern drive. Someone with a ton of boating experience will definitely notice the difference between the two drives.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No my vision wasn’t blurred I just believe the scarab makes a better quality boat and I’m not trying to take anything away from Yamaha they make just as good of the boat I just like the quality of the scarab