• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm buying mine Fri...Impulse 195HO. I've seen two separate posts and have screen shot them to bring with my prevue inspection.
What else should I look for and what type of goodies did anyone get with their boat I may push for.

Hillt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Things to look for:

Stereo if it the gray faced Sony see if you can upgrade. This one wont make it but a few months.
Have them peel of the 195 emblems on each side and re-glue. They will be off in no time
If it is on the black trailer look under it for paint mill thickness seems the bottom is not important to the painter.

I would ask for a second battery installed with a new switch. This will be the first modification you do once you get it home. One battery isn't enough if you park and run your stereo for any amount of time.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
42K...went through Riva in Key Largo. 195 Impulse. Came with everything but the cover. Wake board holders, mat,table,bow dividers, half tank of gas; (,shirt,cooler, coast guard kit, anchor, reciever, 2 inch ball and electrical adaptor. Super sweet financing...couple minor scratches and a ding on the gel coat. Thanks Scarab Mike for the help.

Attachments

Master

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2014 195 Ho Impulse
2/7/2015
Still wating to put it in the water but excited
Hi scarabsteve, looks you got a pretty good deal on your Scarab. Can you share the what dealership you purchased it from?

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi scarabsteve, looks you got a pretty good deal on your Scarab. Can you share the what dealership you purchased it from?
I bought mine from MarineMax. Just some advise don't go in there trying to buy right away. Try to get the dealer as low as you can and tell him you'll think about it. If you leave they always call you back and drop the price or add something. Best time is to go at a boat show.

Master

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought mine from MarineMax. Just some advise don't go in there trying to buy right away. Try to get the dealer as low as you can and tell him you'll think about it. If you leave they always call you back and drop the price or add something. Best time is to go at a boat show.
Thanks, will give them a try

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2016 215 HO being built. Delivery supposed to be July 17th. I opted for the HO instead of the HO Impulse because my wife really wanted blue, and for some reason the impulse only comes red, orange or green. mine has the twin 250s, wake tower, wake balast, elec speed control unit, side graphics, underwater anddocking lights, extra battery and tandem axel trailer with spare tire. To top it off, SeaDek all over supplied by jet boat pilot and dealer installed. I got this for $65,893 including tax and everything. I think I got a pretty good deal from Charleston Power Sports, in SC.

Dirt squirt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
195 standard model - $31,000 plus tax
(included bimini top, mooring cover, trailer, safety equip.)
Less trade on my 1996 sportster
$30,000 OTD

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$19,999
5/2/15

165 HO Impulse
$25960
6/2/15

Richspeed11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2014 - 195 - purchased 4.14. $23500.

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
working deal with Marinemax on a 2014 215 HO Impulse 59k msrp they say $49.5 is rock bottom putting out the door at 54,300.....They have tons of blue ho impulse boats in inventory, going to get the factory sheet tomorrow and will update on options etc.

Does this seem like decent deal right now? I know that after July 4th they usually sit on boats till next season so make the best deals but new to jetboats so have no idea

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are these the 250 motors ? Salesman claims will do 70mph, he didn't seem to know much about Scarabs because he claimed the engine hatch was locked before I stuck my hand down there and saw handle. I like the boat but not sure about how it was presented. We are going for demo ride later this week but I want to do all the research I can to make sure I get exact boat I want.

Attachments

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@215Larry Even with the twin 250's. the boat will only do a little over 60mph. That looks like an HO, not HOI.

Be careful, and look at the sticker for the boat. Those MarineMax Scarab 215s that they stock on their lots seem to always come with twin 200hp motors. They look identical to the twin 250s, but cost about 3K less each and are about 10mph slower. Its a huge difference if you plan to do some kind of water sport.

Be very careful with a salesman that does not know the product as this one doesn't. I would ask to be with a service guy on the sea trial, or ask for a better knowledgeable sales person. Good luck, and please double check everything thoroughly.

Actually, I just noticed it doesnt have the HO decal. Its different from the impulse, and I believe its another item that separated the models with each other in 2015. That boat might be a base model with an optioned tower, and upgraded engine package. You def need to see the invoice sticker, and check that info.

Here is the HO decal I think they should have from 2015 up.

Last edited:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another thing I just noticed. The docking lights aren't on the side of the hull like the one above. These were improvements made within the lineup in 2015. And with optioning that tower, it should come with a branded bimini like the one above. I see the mounts for it, but you need to check that as well. I can give you my cell #, and I can answer any questions you have. Also @PapaBear has recently dealt with MarineMax, and can give you some pointers.

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Those are 200HP engines, the 250HP would have an inter-cooler mounted behind the engine on the air intake hose. The last two digits of the serial number will tell you what Model Year the boat is.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought mine from Riva...however be very careful. These New boats have all kinds of options. In my hunt for what I wanted I had to get very specific on what I was looking for. Especially when someone quoted me a super cheap price. I was frustrated and disappointed with what little these sales guys around the country knew. I made the guy who sold me mine point to the supercharger...then point to the intercooler. The serial numbers I didn't know about. That's what you need right there. Without this forum I would have been clue less.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I screen shot allot of the info on here and sent it to the dealer to check. You know before I even looked at the boat. I still had issues...all minor however.

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just spoke to him again and he said it is possible these are the 200hp motors on the blue one. They do have a green HOI with 250's for 63k and the msrp is 70k. It seems on the blue that is a leftover '14 they could do better than 49k. The 250's are a must have with me, if no 250's then def a deal breaker.