• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whats your favorite improvement(s) to your 242?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ric Moseley - nicely detailed signature!!

Very clean and informative - thank you

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ric, if you like the Cobra steering, you will love the Fangs! I am in awe at the difference in steering effort needed. The boat will track straight and will turn with minimal effort now. I don't know if its everyone, but I know I had to keep steady arm pressure on the wheel to keep it straight before I installed the Fangs.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
but I know I had to keep steady arm pressure on the wheel to keep it straight before I installed the Fangs.
Are you talking while cruising or while in No-Wake mode?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While cruising at 40, I can take my hands off the wheel and the boat goes straight for a decent amount of time, assuming no wakes from other boats, or strong winds.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow I have some catching up to do! My favorites are SeaDek, Audio mods - replaced all speakers with Kickers and added 10" Sub and 800 watt amp, Boat Buckles, and the old trashcan-under-the-cup-holder-with-the-bottom-cut-off. Is there a thread on how you added hinges to your seats?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I posted a link a few posts back to another members thread, I kinda hijacked and added my seat hinge project to. Is there a link to your cup holder/trash can mod? lol

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is really cool. I would love to do something like that, but we fill a pretty large bag, and not sure it would work with that size can. I'm going to look into maybe something else that would work, in the battery compartment, since I have lots of extra room in there now.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SeaDek, Stereo upgrades, Chart Plotter / sounder, Gaffrig Throttles, Interior and underwater LED's are definitely the favorites. Next on the list would be head storage mods, grill, extra 12V/usb charger ports, and fender locks.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/trash-can-ideas.2703/page-2#post-174037

Not trying to quick draw - I had literally just posted this same thread yesterday and knew where it was at.
That is really cool. I would love to do something like that, but we fill a pretty large bag, and not sure it would work with that size can. I'm going to look into maybe something else that would work, in the battery compartment, since I have lots of extra room in there now.
I usually can make it with that can most days. It's short but it's wider and deeper that it appears in the picture. Other's i just replace the bag and the full bag fits in the same compartment until I can drop it off somewhere.

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ric, if you like the Cobra steering, you will love the Fangs! I am in awe at the difference in steering effort needed. The boat will track straight and will turn with minimal effort now. I don't know if its everyone, but I know I had to keep steady arm pressure on the wheel to keep it straight before I installed the Fangs.
Going to get some Fangs from Jeff (Cobra steering) and try them out. I will report back in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
High altitude impellers. lost 5 mph but can tow and haul all the weight I want.