• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trash can ideas?

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a full sized kitchen trash can in our storage compartment. It works out quite well. This may be too large for some, but it really is no bother for me.
@farrelltravis, Did you use screws to attach those shelves in the storage compartment? I am not sure if the 210 storage compartment walls are different from the 23/24 boats but I have yet to try to put screws in there. I would like to put some shelves in but don't want to put holes on my boat where they don't belong.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did use screws to attach the shelves. On my boat, both forward and aft, in the head storage area is carpeted plywood. This made it perfect for screws.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man. I feel very redneck now... We tie a trash bag around the window support pole, and then close the head compartment door. Need the trash, open the door... Shutting the door keeps all the trash from blowing around as well.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok @steined this is for you... However, this might actually work, and could be the most off the wall Mod ever!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had a small trash can in the helm compartment but it was too small. I purchased a larger can and it sits nicely in there now. It's much better now.
This is what we do too, and I got a trash can rubber band to hold the bag perfectly. I used to use the small too, and now we have a tall.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, the larger can accommodates more beer, ah I mean soda bottles. :)

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok @steined this is for you... However, this might actually work, and could be the most off the wall Mod ever!

Ahhh the good ole diaper genie. Sold that in a garage sale over 3 years ago. Good riddance.... :)

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I just take a trash bag and hook the drawstrings on the inside of the glove compartment lock and hang the bag in front of the passenger seat.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just take a trash bag and hook the drawstrings on the inside of the glove compartment lock and hang the bag in front of the passenger seat.
That's exactly what I do.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is just a shower curtain rod. There are two "cup" pieces on each end that help hold it in place.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just used a strap and the existing bolts on the back of the port bow cushions. One of the best mods yet. Standard full sized trash can image.jpeg

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We keep a 5 gallon bucket in the head storage area with a trash bag in it. We also have one of the toilet seats that snap onto the bucket on board if there is an emergency. It doesn't take up too much room and saves me from having to buy a porti-potti!

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cut off the bottom of the starboard rear cup holder (SS) and found a perfect sized trash can at Home Depot. The trash can fits in a little nook beside the engine compartment and doesn't move around at all. It works great except when you have new people on the boat and you forget to tell them that that cup holder is actually a trash can. I bought a vinyl graphic of a trash can and put it next to the cup holder with an arrow pointing to it, so hopefully that takes care of that problem!

Trash Can 1.jpg Trash Can 2.jpg

Impeller>Propeller

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cut off the bottom of the starboard rear cup holder (SS) and found a perfect sized trash can at Home Depot. The trash can fits in a little nook beside the engine compartment and doesn't move around at all. It works great except when you have new people on the boat and you forget to tell them that that cup holder is actually a trash can. I bought a vinyl graphic of a trash can and put it next to the cup holder with an arrow pointing to it, so hopefully that takes care of that problem!

View attachment 40983 View attachment 40984
Do you have the specs on that trash can? It does look like a perfect fit

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Impeller>Propeller, unfortunately I don't. My boat is in winter storage so I won't get to it until about April. I'll send you the measurements then if you still need them!

Firehouse100

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if someone puts their beer in the holder and it drops through, who gets charged with the foul?

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well there are no fouls on the boat, you can either reach in and get it or get a new one! Most of my friends know about it by now. I put that sticker on after a "new" friend came aboard and instantly deposited his beer in the trash.