• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trash can ideas?

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
yep, I actually ordered it by accident. I wanted the larger one and this one showed up. I bought the larger one at home depot for charcoal. It ended up being a good mistake!

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We have the Trash Sack and love it. Has 3 suction cups and hangs on the head door and they hold very well. Holds plenty for our purposes, zips up, off the floor and not in the way. Here is the link Trash Sack, the multi-location trash bag system!. Price is decent. Best garbage can we've had...
I see you have a Malibu... I ordered this and on the Yamahas the door is a textured surface so the suction cups don't stick to it. Debating how I want to mount it, maybe using some double sided tape.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just use a Velcro strap around the windshield support or you can just tie the bag string around it as well. This gives the option of attaching it to the rear grab handle and hang the bag on the outside of the boat for access while at the beach or sandbar. No need for a can to take up valuable space. 7E3C3055-91D2-4672-9522-AAB397A03AC7.jpeg

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got this Simple Human garbage can. It fits and works perfect. The hook goes over the door and the door still closes fine. You can also screw the bracket directly to the door as well and remove the hook.

Attachments

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I see you have a Malibu... I ordered this and on the Yamahas the door is a textured surface so the suction cups don't stick to it. Debating how I want to mount it, maybe using some double sided tape.
Update: I got some gorilla tape and small acrylic circles. Tapes the circles to the door and suction cup to the circles.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

Attachments

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I bought this on Amazon in preparation for boating season next year. $18 Canadian. 17 000 reviews. here’s the link if you are interested.

that looks really good. i just wish it was bigger. we would fill that thing 5 times over in a day lol. ill have to do some digging around

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any 5 gallon bucket with a home made trash lid, less than $5 total, available in numerous colors at hardware stores and walmart.

Take a standard lid, use a razor knife or hole saw to cut @2" hole in the center, make @6 relief cuts, and round the corners. Mine doesn't look as good as the $10 retail version in the picture, but it still works. Trash goes in but doesn't blow out, even while underway outside the foredeck rail on the in-law's pontoon.

bucket-top-trash-can-lid_1.jpg

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Or just buy a Kingsford charcoal bin.

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that what your heart desires...

But, a 5 gallon bucket is not likely to over turn on a rocking boat at anchor, which is an issue with a tall skinny bin unless it is strapped or secured in some way.