• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When will there be a 19' refresh?

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm currently shopping for a new 19' boat. I know this is prime season and there are no real discounts available right now. I've accepted that but I don't want to buy a 2018 at MSRP only to find out in August that they completely redesigned and enhanced the 19' fleet.

Gut tells me to not purchase now and instead wait for the 19s and purchase off season which would provide me with the latest and greatest as well as (fingers crossed) better pricing.

My wife wants to shell out the couple extra grand to buy now and start making memories. So that's probably what is gonna happen. Just sucks because I'm still finding 2017 AR195s and dealers aren't even marking those down. I hate not getting a deal.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@DogDad I would like to "pre" :Welcome:Welcome you to the wonderful world of Yamaha boat owners. I also will give you my opinion and my opinion only, so from someone who doesn't know you or your circumstances, I would have to strongly agree with your beloved wife! Life is SOOO short and if you are in a situation where you can afford a boat and you have a spouse that wants to start making memories then take her up on that and you will NOT regret a moment. There are NO guarantees for a tomorrow in this life and take it from an older dude, time starts RUNNING downhill the older you get. I truly understand your desire to get a "bargain" and not wanting to overpay, but these boats will hold their value for you, you will very RARELY find a boat from any year below MSRP from the current models down to a couple years old, here is a thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar190-prices.16869/ and you can see from this guy it is very frustrating as far as the pricing goes. I'm sure you have bought cars/trucks and are used to "dealing" with the dealer, but I gotta tell you when I was looking last year the dealers were very nice but would not budge off of MSRP, they did offer some equipment but that was about it. Yamaha offers some great financing for you so research that. As far when Yamaha may "refresh" their lines, unless you have someone on the inside at the manufacturer it's gonna be a crap shoot, and I would venture to say that even if they did a "refresh" the prices are not going to change. We have a '13 SX190 that we bought late last year and the guys that have '14's and 15's as far as I know did not see a big hit on their resale prices when the '16's "refreshed " and came out with the articulating keel, so waiting may just be a great disappointment and another season wasted waiting for a "deal" that my never happen. Again, I didn't mean to get on a soapbox, but I truly wish we had bought a boat long ago instead of belonging to a boat club and had memories of being young and vibrant on the water with our boat. Good luck!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was in the same predicament last year as I was thinking maybe I should wait another year. However after seeing the 18’s had no changes and I preferred the 17 color scheme’s I was happy with my choice.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think they just re did the 19ft boats two years ago so you probably have a bit before a refresh. The next model that should be due for an update should be the 24ft. The 19 ft boats are little different then it's larger siblings the discounts are not as large as the margins are already narrow on them. I would think by waiting you would probably only save a grand or two tops so it just depends whether it's worth the 1-2K to skip a season? Me personally I would just do it now if it was 4-5K like you see some save in the off season on left over 24ft boats that might entice me to wait. Right now Yamaha is offering a 5 year warranty incentive so that probably worth the 2 k you would save by waiting as well so that could offset it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think they just re did the 19ft boats two years ago so you probably have a bit before a refresh. The next model that should be due for an update should be the 24ft. The 19 ft boats are little different then it's larger siblings the discounts are not as large as the margins are already narrow on them. I would think by waiting you would probably only save a grand or two tops so it just depends whether it's worth the 1-2K to skip a season? Me personally I would just do it now if it was 4-5K like you see some save in the off season on left over 24ft boats that might entice me to wait. Right now Yamaha is offering a 5 year warranty incentive so that probably worth the 2 k you would save by waiting as well so that could offset it.
The hull for the 190/192/195 hasn't changed since 2013. They added a rudder to the jet nozzle and they have upgrade the engine for the 192 to the SVHO and renamed it the 195, but the hull is the same.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well you convinced me to pull the trigger. Fine MSRP it is.... but what should I ask for in regards to freebies. I will be purchasing the AR195 and have never had a boat before. Its just just My wife and I and our dog but of course we will be taking a couple friends out to the sand bars with us. henry.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well you convinced me to pull the trigger. Fine MSRP it is.... but what should I ask for in regards to freebies. I will be purchasing the AR195 and have never had a boat before. Its just just My wife and I and our dog but of course we will be taking a couple friends out to the sand bars with us. View attachment 75740
Get the Yamaha Deluxe morning cover. I like the practicality of the snap bow and cockpit cover but seeing the snaps all over boat really made me change my mind. Get 2 big bumpers I got 8.5” well it seems like over kill you will realize they come in handy and of course rope. Fire extinguisher, life jackets, dual battery, tower speakers (an amp as well), Keelguard, BoatBuckles for your trailer, a new Stoltz roller (for the bow so you don’t scratch your new boat as Yamaha gives you a cheap plastic one that will mar up your gel coat), and a Lateral Thruster. I’m sure someone will tell me I missing something, lol.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well you convinced me to pull the trigger. Fine MSRP it is.... but what should I ask for in regards to freebies. I will be purchasing the AR195 and have never had a boat before. Its just just My wife and I and our dog but of course we will be taking a couple friends out to the sand bars with us. View attachment 75740
As far as "freebies" from the dealer I had negotiated a Yamaha starter package (life jackets, ropes, fenders, first aid kit, air horn, etc. You can buy them on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-SBT-BOATK-08-2008-STARTER/dp/B005C5F3F0) or other online shops, its a great way to get underway right after you buy the boat! The dealer also offered a 30 percent discount on the purchase day for anything they sold in the store. If you live in an area with multiple dealers then maybe you can play them against one another for deals. @SCP1 lists is pretty much inline with most want/needs lists I've seen here, the community on this forum is great with lots of folks with great infomation and help when you need it. Especially when it comes to spending other peoples money! :winkingthumbsup" Again :Welcome: and good luck on the new boat I'm positive you will enjoy your times on the water.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am going to second the Deluxe mooring cover as a must have to traveling with your boat and keeping the inside clean. I will also second the new bow roller. Do that right away. The factory one WILL, not might, will scratch your brand new boat. I think those two things are the most important add-on's beyond your basic safety equipment to have right away. As for safety equipment, one thing people often forget about is a knife. If you suck up a rope (it will happen eventually) a small knife will be your saving grace if you can't untangle it from the impeller shaft. I have one of the foldable utility knives and it worked great when I sucked up my first rope. On that note, never leave a tow rope floating while the boat is running. Always have somebody reliable in charge of feeding out and taking in the rope. Toss the rope out or feed it out as the boat is idling forward.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a great list. My dealer is willing to toss in the basic coast guard kit with ropes, orange vests, anchor and such but wouldn't trade up to the Yamaha Starter Kit. Getting that $800 mooring cover was a no go as well but I'll add it to the mix of discounted purchases I need to make during closing. I have a test drive in the actual boat I'll likely be buying scheduled for tomorrow.

It still feels wrong to pay top dollar for this thing when new models will be announced in a couple months. Conflicted.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is a great list. My dealer is willing to toss in the basic coast guard kit with ropes, orange vests, anchor and such but wouldn't trade up to the Yamaha Starter Kit. Getting that $800 mooring cover was a no go as well but I'll add it to the mix of discounted purchases I need to make during closing. I have a test drive in the actual boat I'll likely be buying scheduled for tomorrow.

It still feels wrong to pay top dollar for this thing when new models will be announced in a couple months. Conflicted.
If you live in a part of the country where you can boat year round, like we do, then waiting to see what happens with the 19's would be prudent, however it you don't then you will have wasted the boating season where you live and then you get to buy the boat you want and promptly put it in storage....:(
Maybe the test drive will convince you either way, good luck!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or buy a used one and have them agree to a trade in value for next summer. New depreciates quite a bit, so immediate trades are costly.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
In opinion, having owned the AR192 for 3 years, spend the money and buy as much as you can afford. Dual engines are a must. I love my boat but I crave for torque and theres only so much you can do with one engine. Spend the money and get a used 24 footer? Or a new 21 footer? Either one, you cant go wrong. I'd love to sell mine for a 212X.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a max budget of $45k all in and not a penny more. With the AR195 after taxes and fees I'm already at $40k and I'd like to buy some of the extras mentioned above so I'm tapped out! ha ha

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In opinion, having owned the AR192 for 3 years, spend the money and buy as much as you can afford. Dual engines are a must. I love my boat but I crave for torque and theres only so much you can do with one engine. Spend the money and get a used 24 footer? Or a new 21 footer? Either one, you cant go wrong. I'd love to sell mine for a 212X.
I would agree with you on that, but for me it's more about the extra space vs. power. I am happy with the power, but even though the 19ft Yamaha feels more roomy than any other 19ft out there, it just isn't good for more than 5-6 adults and inevitably, you will want to bring out more than that. I will caution anybody against the new 210's with the TR-1's. I have a coworker with one and he says the boat is a dog.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Buy gently used and you can find PLENTY for that price.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say it all depends on where you are boating and who you are bringing along. For me I boat on a river and we have a beach that acts as home base. So I usually take the kids tubing in the morning, and than take people for rides through out the rest of the day. The 19 has plenty of power, and I would buy anything bigger for the river I am on. If your just taking your family out a 19 footer is fine. If you are taking a large party out you might want to consider a pontoon.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hull for the 190/192/195 hasn't changed since 2013. They added a rudder to the jet nozzle and they have upgrade the engine for the 192 to the SVHO and renamed it the 195, but the hull is the same.

Are they throwing in the 5 year warranty that I think is the promo right now?

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a promo for financing, warranty or some cash back ($750). I was thinking the extended warranty sounds nice but the $750 would pay for that mooring cover ha ha. Not sure I need the extended warranty because these boats are in high demand on the used market.