• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When will there be a 19' refresh?

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I visited another dealer today and went in prepared to buy. Being ready to sign that instant made negotiations realistic so the deal was a bit sweeter than I had expected for this time of year. Price was still MSRP plus Destination and Prep but I managed to get a few extras tossed in:
1. Three years full warranty (Promotion)
2. Yamaha Mooring Cover
3. $500 dealer gift card
4. Free winter storage (worth about $600)
5. Free oil change and winterization
6. Standard safety package

I know boat show prices would have been better but like you guys said Carpe Diem!

I pick the boat up on Saturday.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well Done, amigo! Welcome to the family!

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The best you would have done with boat show pricing would have probably been wave the destination and prep.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We picked it up yesterday at 3Pm ... by the time orientation was done it was getting late in the day and the boat ramps were pretty much jammed up with fishermen going out and families coming in. This is our very first boat, so being of sound mind and judgment (and semi-terrified) LOL we decided to not be "THAT GUY" at the landing. Instead we went home and stowed the started kit on the boat then prepared ourselves for having to play games to make it if in the garage. Good news! It fit without having to mess with the washers on the wake tower!!! Today its raining so I am going to throw a coat of wax on it prior to its maiden voyage.

Now that I have the darn thing I do have a couple rookie questions:

1. The anchor that came with the starter kit is WAY bigger than the anchor specific storage compartment can fit. Did any of you encounter that issue? I may try to get the correct anchor as I don't want to have the current one just rattling around in another compartment.
2. Did any of you purchase a seat protection program? I usually consider these things as snake oil but with a dog it might be a semi-decent insurance policy against tears or stains.
3. Bumpers: Do you always tie them to the cleats? How do you know how much rope to have out prior to actually getting the boat along the dock? I'm paranoid about scratching the hull or even just the stickers!
4. Launching: Do most of you just push it off the trailer and then use a rope to pull it against the dock so the rest of the family can board or do you back it off and circle back to pick them up?
5. Extras: Speaking of lines and ropes did any of you find better tools for the job like bungee ropes with loops or clips? Using the rope that comes with the starter kit makes me feel like I went back in time.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions. I already have the new roller for the trailer just haven't put it on yet and I believe I'm going to get the Viper to assist with handling.

Cheers,
Jeff

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Welcome to the 195 family, great boat...I set bumper s on all the cleats on either side of the boat before launching or landing.. you can put a rope to the front cleat before launching if u want but if someone is standing on the dock have them grab the side of the tower once it’s off the trailer. You will find this the easiest place to hold/steadyvthe boat while at the dock... also when we pull up to a dock someone hops out and grabs the tower again easy place to control the boat and prevent damage .. good luck and have fun...

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am new as well, but have just been through some of the same decisions. We don't store our anchor in the keeper position just stuff it down in. the anchor storage locker with the rope underneath. I haven't had an issue with rattling or vibration that way. a bungie anchor buddy is a great addition if your are going to be anchoring a lot as it takes a lot of the guess work out of anchoring at moderate depths. bungie dock lines also are really nice, and amazon sells short fender lines which work really well. I will hang a fender off of the mid cleat and if its choppy at the dock one off of the bow. A lot of folks will get big inflatable kids bouncy toys for additional protection, if you are going to leave the boat tied up.

You are gonna want to replace that stock roller on your trailer to a Stoltz RP-355. you have a black hull and the stock roller will scratch your boat. additionally consider getting a Keel shield if you plan to beach the boat. again black gel coat will show everything. I have navy hull and it is the same. Happy Boating

Cheers,

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We set fenders on cleats if they are going to be effective, when they are not we use these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Davis-393-Fender-Tender-II-1-Pair/32737434 they can fit over the windshield through cleats, etc. very versatile when you need them. As far as off loading the boat, we will generally use bow and stern lines to move the boat to the back of the dock and I will go park, my wife stays with the boat and gets things ready to go, now if the ramp is busy like yesterday, I drop her and the boat off she takes her out and waits for me to get back from parking the truck and trailer, which can be a haul sometimes, so the ramp isn't tied up and impede the flow. Depending on what type of bottom you are going to be anchoring to and the tides/currents you may decide to buy a different type of anchor, if you haven't already looked and how your anchor works heres a quick guide for you to peruse http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/anchorsteps.htm We were out on Weds. and a couple pulled up next to us with a beautiful 29 ft Cobalt and proceeded to let out about 6 ft of chain in about 4 ft of water...needless to say I was helping him unbeach his boat 15 mins later, the anchor/rode/scope formula works great. We bought a richter anchor and it works fantastic always holds and is super easy to trip or take up when we are ready to go https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E6E5G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 its also bigger than the anchor locker so we stow it and the chain under the front port seat, we have 100 ft of rope that we store in the anchor locker here are some pics of that. One thing we did notice was the area around the front cleats where the rope hung over to the chain and anchor was getting scratched, I just fixed the scratches with some wet sandpaper and rubbing compound so they are gone now and we came up with a way to help prevent that, we use a danik hook with the rope through it and can adjust the scope as needed before deploying the anchor and we have attached a airhead bungee that I simply place on the boweye after I have taken the trailer hook of at the ramp and wrap the airhead back over the bow and into the anchor locker. This helps with not scratching the bow area and also allows us to have a center anchor point as opposed to a left or right front cleat offset anchor. As far as I'm concerned you can't have enough lines and various types onboard, you never know what type of docking or anchoring situation you may get into, we have airheads for when cleats are available and use various lengths and widths for other occasions. CONGRATS on the new boat, she looks great!

Attachments

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When you get ready to install the stoltz roller here's the way (not saying it's the best, but it worked for me) I did it, I used a jack stand with a swim noodle cut in half and to size as a pad under the keel (just as she flattens out), slowly lowered the trailer jack down to just take the weight off the boweye and slowly undid the trailer winch until I could disconnect the boweye hook, disconnected the hook and then continued to slowly lower the trailer jack down just enough so you can work, probably just an inch or so. Disassemble, assembled and reversed the procedure. Just go slow and all will be good.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We picked it up yesterday at 3Pm ... by the time orientation was done it was getting late in the day and the boat ramps were pretty much jammed up with fishermen going out and families coming in. This is our very first boat, so being of sound mind and judgment (and semi-terrified) LOL we decided to not be "THAT GUY" at the landing. Instead we went home and stowed the started kit on the boat then prepared ourselves for having to play games to make it if in the garage. Good news! It fit without having to mess with the washers on the wake tower!!! Today its raining so I am going to throw a coat of wax on it prior to its maiden voyage.

Now that I have the darn thing I do have a couple rookie questions:

1. The anchor that came with the starter kit is WAY bigger than the anchor specific storage compartment can fit. Did any of you encounter that issue? I may try to get the correct anchor as I don't want to have the current one just rattling around in another compartment.
2. Did any of you purchase a seat protection program? I usually consider these things as snake oil but with a dog it might be a semi-decent insurance policy against tears or stains.
3. Bumpers: Do you always tie them to the cleats? How do you know how much rope to have out prior to actually getting the boat along the dock? I'm paranoid about scratching the hull or even just the stickers!
4. Launching: Do most of you just push it off the trailer and then use a rope to pull it against the dock so the rest of the family can board or do you back it off and circle back to pick them up?
5. Extras: Speaking of lines and ropes did any of you find better tools for the job like bungee ropes with loops or clips? Using the rope that comes with the starter kit makes me feel like I went back in time.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions. I already have the new roller for the trailer just haven't put it on yet and I believe I'm going to get the Viper to assist with handling.

Cheers,
Jeff
Ok I was just taking a really close look at your garage and the boat position....do you have a drive through? Cause if it is then I'm jealous :cool: If not how did you get the boat turned 180 degrees around and it that position...

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a drive through into the back yard but the back door is not a full size door. I have an extra deep garage so technically its a 4 car. That being said the trailer is easy enough to move by hand. If I had to I would swing it 90* and still get two vehicles in the garage.

Attachments

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely jealous of your garage set up! We are able to fit the boat and two cars in ours but it is tight....another two feet of depth would have made a huge difference. I was not offered a seat protection plan, but it does sound like snake oil to me. Our previous boat was 12 years old when we traded it for the Yamaha and I only had to have one spot repaired where the stitching was getting loose....and it was really just an OCD induced repair. Liberally apply 303 protectant to the seats every few outings (including the sides and where the seats rubs the accent cushions when removing them) and be careful when removing seats for storage and I would think you won't have an issue--especially since your boat will be garage kept.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I had the boat out on its maiden voyage tonight. All went well but I do have a question about an odd noise in the engine bay and whether its normal or not. This sound is only present at idle or very low rpm.

Here is a link to the video:

I put the boat thru its 90 minute break in and even ran it hard a couple times and the engine behaved flawlessly but that noise was unexpected.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So that rattle is normal? Sounds like a loose pulley or something needing more tension to me!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I had the boat out on its maiden voyage tonight. All went well but I do have a question about an odd noise in the engine bay and whether its normal or not. This sound is only present at idle or very low rpm.

Here is a link to the video:

I put the boat thru its 90 minute break in and even ran it hard a couple times and the engine behaved flawlessly but that noise was unexpected.
You are fine! lol, we have all been there.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/engine-sound.9625/

--

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just FYI, if you haven’t yet replace the bias trailer tires with radials. You will notice an improvement not only with towing but especially moving it around in the garage...

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking back this makes me laugh a bit because most people were saying there won't be much of a change for 2019..... Well that wasn't exactly accurate ha ha. That being said I'm happy that I pulled the trigger when I did and got to enjoy a wonderful summer on the water!

As for those tires, I haven't swapped them out yet because the thing trailers beautifully. I also move it by hand in the garage without issue. I did buy a spare with a radial so if I have a flat I'll upgrade the other two then ha ha.

Last edited: