• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When will there be a 19' refresh?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking back this makes me laugh a bit because most people were saying there won't be much of a change for 2019..... Well that wasn't exactly accurate ha ha. That being said I'm happy that I pulled the trigger when I and got to enjoy a wonderful summer on the water!

As for those tires, I haven't swapped them out yet because the thing trailers beautifully. I also move it by hand in the garage without issue. I did buy a spare with a radial so if I have a flat I'll upgrade the other two then ha ha.
I like the 2019’s, not the colors. I also am not sold on the seating delete it has it perks but also has it downfalls. As the 19’ is not really big enough to have a ton of weight/people up front (the slow speed mauevering and how low the bow sits). Most of the time we use both seats as well as with the canopy you lose some shaded seating. If I could pick my boat either way I would go with the 2019 but only if I could have my color scheme or something other than the current AR195 color choices. However my next one will be a 24’ or a dedicated wake boat.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I kinda like the no seat behind the driver, would be a good spot form the bigger cooler I always leave in the middle of the deck. But at the same time that's quite a bit of under seat storage lost. Unless maybe that's open under there, with access through the smaller seat?

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a season with my 195 there's only a couple things I wish I could change and I don't think yamaha will correct them anytime soon.

1. I wish it wasn't so loud
2. I wish there was more usable powerband
3. I wish it had trim tabs

I find the boat quiet and flat at no wake speeds so for putting around slowly (10mph or less ) it's great. But after that the thing is useless unless you want to go 50mph. I don't want to cross the lake at 10 mph or at 50 mph .... 25-30mph would be ideal but at that point the bow rise is absurd and the engine rpm is so high you can barely carry on a conversation. The boat is very out of its element in the space where I want to be 80% of the time.

I love the low maintenance and ease of use but I'm a bit of a gear head would rather wrench on something from time to time to get more enjoyment out of it every time.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a season with my 195 there's only a couple things I wish I could change and I don't think yamaha will correct them anytime soon.

1. I wish it wasn't so loud
2. I wish there was more usable powerband
3. I wish it had trim tabs

I find the boat nice and quite and flat at no wake speeds so for putting around slowly (10mph or less ) it's great. But after that the thing is useless unless you want to go 50mph. I don't want to cross the lake at 10 mph or at 50 mph .... 25-30mph would be ideal but at that point the bow rise is absurd and the engine rpm is so high you can barely carry on a conversation. The boat is very out of its element in the space where I want to be 80% of the time.

I love the low maintenance and ease of use but I'm a bit of a gear head would rather wrench on something from time to time to get more enjoyment out of it every time.
You can get very good trim tabs, Lectrotab makes great sets for the Yamahas that work really well.
The noise is a big issue for me, too. I find that filling those large spaces int he rear of the boat helps a lot, also - a good seal for the engine hatch!

--

BillTinoLV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the 2019s are 3 inches longer. Does anyone know if the trailer is the same size as the '2018s or is the trailer also longer? Also curious about the height clearance in the 2019s. I've read all the threads on fitting the 19 ft Yamahas in garages around 19' 8" long by 83" tall...just curious if anyone has fit one of these new models in their garage yet. I'm obviously looking to buy an AR190 2018 or 2019... might even consider a 2016 AR192, but not many near me. Thanks in advance!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchase a 2019 SX190 and my garage is 20'4", I probably have 8-10 inches to spare at bow and trailer. The more suprising issue was that my garage is 84" high door and that was a really really tight fit if using my Jeep backing up with trailer level, I actually have to lower the air suspension on my Grand Cherokee for it to clear when attached to tow vehicle. Obviously, I can disconnect and lower the front but was trying to get as far back as possible without pushing by hand.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I purchase a 2019 SX190 and my garage is 20'4", I probably have 8-10 inches to spare at bow and trailer. The more suprising issue was that my garage is 84" high door and that was a really really tight fit if using my Jeep backing up with trailer level, I actually have to lower the air suspension on my Grand Cherokee for it to clear when attached to tow vehicle. Obviously, I can disconnect and lower the front but was trying to get as far back as possible without pushing by hand.
Hmm, maybe the new ones are taller?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i'd say if the trailer is 100% level as mine is towing, the middle windshield either open or closed is the highest part of the boat and it must sit at 83 to 84". Once I lower the suspension on my Grand Cherokee I gain about 1.5 inches in the exit/entry mode and then it passes through without heart attack face on the wife. That's with full inflated tires at 50lbs

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We picked it up yesterday at 3Pm ... by the time orientation was done it was getting late in the day and the boat ramps were pretty much jammed up with fishermen going out and families coming in. This is our very first boat, so being of sound mind and judgment (and semi-terrified) LOL we decided to not be "THAT GUY" at the landing. Instead we went home and stowed the started kit on the boat then prepared ourselves for having to play games to make it if in the garage. Good news! It fit without having to mess with the washers on the wake tower!!! Today its raining so I am going to throw a coat of wax on it prior to its maiden voyage.

Now that I have the darn thing I do have a couple rookie questions:

1. The anchor that came with the starter kit is WAY bigger than the anchor specific storage compartment can fit. Did any of you encounter that issue? I may try to get the correct anchor as I don't want to have the current one just rattling around in another compartment.
2. Did any of you purchase a seat protection program? I usually consider these things as snake oil but with a dog it might be a semi-decent insurance policy against tears or stains.
3. Bumpers: Do you always tie them to the cleats? How do you know how much rope to have out prior to actually getting the boat along the dock? I'm paranoid about scratching the hull or even just the stickers!
4. Launching: Do most of you just push it off the trailer and then use a rope to pull it against the dock so the rest of the family can board or do you back it off and circle back to pick them up?
5. Extras: Speaking of lines and ropes did any of you find better tools for the job like bungee ropes with loops or clips? Using the rope that comes with the starter kit makes me feel like I went back in time.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions. I already have the new roller for the trailer just haven't put it on yet and I believe I'm going to get the Viper to assist with handling.

Cheers,
Jeff
#1. I set my anchor on a folded towel on the driver side bow storage compartment. The towel keeps any mud off the carpet and adds a layer of protection while driving.

#2. Nope, after two seasons the seats are holding up great even with a 4 year old which might be tougher on the seats then a dog.

#3. I tie them to the cleats and one around the tower. After a camping trip were I moored the boat for a week, I added another pop up cleat on the bow. I made the loops on mine big enough that I can loop them once to hang lower or double loop them so they sit higher. Cleat 5.jpg

#4. I back the boat into the water just far enough that I can still unhook the winch and safety chain without getting my feet wet. Once I hop in the boat I start it up and let it run for a minute then have my wife back down a little further and reverse off.

#5. After a few outings you will figure out what works and what you will want to change.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length