• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to mount underwater LEDs on a 2018 240 or 242

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How do you install them to the Connext? That’s the only way I’d consider. Don’t want extra controllers. Want it to look OEM.
Not entirely sure how the technician did it as I had it done at the Marina. But he basically hooked up the rearl lights to the Auxiliary function in Connext...this means that I control the rear lights with the Aux button (on / off). The internal color lights where hooked up to the “Interior” light function in connext. So I can control the light switch and it’s intensity directly from the screen.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the quattros as well, just two for now (they are not inexpensive). The newer boats with the larger connext displays have a factory auxillary control behind the helm. I have mine on a separate switch mounted in the port storage near the batteries as I haven't found a dash location I want to commit to an infrequently used switch.

These are my two lights in some seriously murky water - if you're in a nice lake or in the gulf where the water is clean, these lights are killer.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Could you guys provide a link to purchase the lights? They look awesome!

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The center light makes all the difference!. The flat surface points the light at the right angle. You’ll love it.
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Would you say that you really only need the one mounted center? Are the two side ones just overkill? About to do my own.