• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which boat to buy?

Looks great! How does the Jeep pull it?

The last few years ive been towing a camper thats about 1000 pounds heavier and taller. Never had any issues. I only had to tow it about a half mile to get to storage, but no issues. Ive got the Hemi V8 Overland, so its got air suspension to lower it for attaching and then auto-levels. Its a nice ride for hauling.

Beautiful boat. Glad you mentioned the hemi V8 in the Overland. We have the same Jeep but the 3.6 engine and I wouldn't want to tow very far with that. We tried it once after we bought it just to see how it would do. Don't get me wrong, it pulled it but you could definitely tell it was back there. I have the hemi in my truck. Pulls nice!

I traded a Four Winns 224 Fundeck (similar to the Sea Ray in layout) for my 242 LS. The Yamaha is a lot lighter, and way more responsive. The first time I drove the LS in 'big' water, I had a bit of trouble finding the right speed to avoid slamming and stay dry, but now feel confident in 3+ foot waves and chop.The maintenance on a stern drive is punishing financially, and I now do my own maintenance, so major cost savings. I would definitely recommend the Yamaha vs the Sea Ray. Good luck!

What is the secret to keep it from slamming?

What is the secret to keep it from slamming?

I find that if I back the speed to just off plane, the bow will rise enough and stay there so the 'slamming' stops, and my wife stops white knuckling my arm. The boat plows a bit at this speed, but the ride is dry and comfortable. It does really suck the gas down, though!

I find that if I back the speed to just off plane, the bow will rise enough and stay there so the 'slamming' stops, and my wife stops white knuckling my arm. The boat plows a bit at this speed, but the ride is dry and comfortable. It does really suck the gas down, though!
Good to know. Thanks.

Back