• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who Bought The New 210 FSH So Far?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
May want to look at installing the VHF radio in the cubby hole. Could mount at the very top. My last bay boat had the stereo mounted in this area where the cubby is and we could never read the display because of the way the sun hit the face of the stereo. It was a real pain in the behind. Finally moved it to the helm like my FSH and installed a larger glove box to fill in the void where the old stereo was installed. Never would have thought about the sun glare in that area until I had the issue. Food for thought to at least do a dry run before cutting. By the way very nice boat!!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just bought one at the boat show. Have to wait till end of February for it to come in. But it is 20 degrees up here in NY so I have time.

Alekzander

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
My impressions so far:
Motors- plenty of power for what it is designed for(have had 5 on board with gear and able to pop up wake board with no problem). I would not want to pay any more $ than I did for more power(got up to 46mph in chop with 4 adults) and dont want any worse gas mileage.
Hull- stable in chop, planing was good. Tracks well even at low speed-this one I was worried about. This is my first jet boat and I had them do a sea trial with me before I bought to check this. Easy to move around docks.
Storage-good mix for fishing and cruising.
Overall-seems like an SUV for the water. decent for water sports, cruising, fishing. You can certainly find a boat that does any of these areas better, but in one package I think it will be hard to beat! We will fish the bay in it tomorrow and will see how she does!
Did they make you apply for financing and leave a deposit before sea trial? I am interested in this boat but they were very strict about their sea trials.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did not sea trial it. I just threw $500 down they ran credit at that time and approved it. I figured I would get used to what I got, when you have been used to outboards for 30 years I new there would be some adjustment. If I had tried it out I would probably not have bought it. I am glad I did and am getting used to it. The safety factor for when the kids take it out is worth it all. And she will have time to use it more than me. They probably want to make sure you can buy the boat before they just give you boat ride.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didn't sea trial either. My 8 boat and one of smallest I have ever owned. Questioned my purchase originally after the first couple times out. But now I've settled in and like it. I think my only big complaint is I think it's a bit loud. My OB and IO's we're much more quiet. But I like the fact I have nothing hanging off the back and no worries about the prop while running my local river.

Alekzander

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thanks for the info guys. I have had both an outboard and inboard and now time for something different. Probably for all the same reasons most of you guys chose the 21FSH. I know there will be a learning curve on driving and maneuvering the boat which I am ok with, but I wanted to test drive just to see how it handles light chop.

I once had a 19ft sea pro cc and it was mainly for the bay and handled chop horribly. I don't want to be in that predicament again. I would like to be able to venture out every once in a while and not have the kids being thrown around like rag dolls cause of the chop. I also understand this is not a deep sea fishing vessel, but I was hoping it can fend for itself with some chop. What are your opinions about that?

Lastly I need to figure out a way to get this sucker to fit in my garage. My garage wont be a problem width or length, but the height is 7'. I am hoping the dealer can sit it low on a custom trailer and with the windshield off and no ttop, maybe I can make it happen. I am open to opinions on this also.

Was planning on purchasing from Cycle Springs. Their lifetime warranty on the engine really makes me feel comfortable. I am tired of spending weekends working on the boat and would rather enjoy time on the water !

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we finally dropped our new 210 FSH in the water yesterday and here are the things I liked and did not like about the boat.

Like the fact that the boat is very roomy
Like that the boat has an open transom
Love that there is no props to worry about
Like how easy it is to launch and retrieve
Love that it has two motors
Like the ergonomics of the Helm
Like that it rides relatively smooth at about 35 mph
Like all the storage
Like the changing room/head room under the helm
Love the powder coated T Top (and I'm fine with the Canvas)
Love that you can turn on a dime by utilizing both throttles

HATE how the boat maneuvers in slow/wake speed, Thank God for the Knob on the Wheel
HATE the constant nose wonder at slow speeds, docking sucks
HATE reverse, feels like you have to open it up completely in order to move

Two problems I had immediately, the throttle on the starboard engine disengages unless it is above 4000 rpms, otherwise is starts shaking and returns to neutral. The new Clarion Radio had condensation inside the screen after about 30 minutes of being out on the water.

We went from the intercoastal into open ocean and ran into a sudden change of weather, blowing at about 25 and the seas went from about 2ft to 6 to 8 in a matter of minutes, she handled it really well, we had 6ft rollers and only got water in the boat once (of course having a great Captain helps...LOL)

Overall we like the boat, don't Love it yet but maybe with a few additions and modifications, we can take care of the manuverability issues.

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tailwaters... I do have the round Clarion, however with the HDS-9 there is insufficient room to mount all three on the dash.

I am going to move the Clarion to the cubby to the right of the glove box then mount the Standard Horizon GX1700 in it's place.

The diameter of the Clarion cutout is 2 3/4" and the GX1700 requires a rectangle 2.82" H x 5.39" W so it will fit perfectly in that spot.

There's just enough slack in the Clarion cabling to move it down to the back of the cubby.

View attachment 67341
I am planning on installing an Electronics box on the T Top, that way I will be able to install spreader lights on the box itself and wire them all to a block inside the box, I will also install my VHF inside the E Box .

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
9BB2A4D3-DB45-4549-B8AC-DCA141C96558.jpeg Playing with my electronics box now hard to get placement where it will open

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I may stick it in there and put the vhf and external speaker through the back of the box. Just hate cutting up a $400 box.
Then use the front for flare storage.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That seems like it would create a lot of drag and wind noise?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 74090 Playing with my electronics box now hard to get placement where it will open
Why are you installing it like that, it kind of defeats the purpose no? I have not received my box yet, but if you buy long enough u bolts and put them on the curved bar above the helm at about a 30 degree angle it should work fine.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My mystery neighbor at our storage lot got one. Not sure if he is on this forum or not. And we have a vintage yamaha neighbor as well.

20180428_121950.jpg

NPR_Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HATE how the boat maneuvers in slow/wake speed, Thank God for the Knob on the Wheel
I am about to trade my 2016 fsh 190 for a 2018 fsh 210, but this comment has me concerned. One of the things that appealed to me about the 2018 210 is the articulating keel improvements supposedly helped steerage at low speeds. Maneuvering the 190 in a no-wake zone sucks. Did you try using the "no-wake mode" feature?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am about to trade my 2016 fsh 190 for a 2018 fsh 210, but this comment has me concerned. One of the things that appealed to me about the 2018 210 is the articulating keel improvements supposedly helped steerage at low speeds. Maneuvering the 190 in a no-wake zone sucks. Did you try using the "no-wake mode" feature?
Hey NPR, this comment was from the very first time I took the boat out and it was also the very first time I drove a jet boat, I have been and OB boater all my life. I have gotten the feel of it so much more now and barely notice any difference (you learn to anticipate the glide), I use the no wake feature sometimes but I like being in control. I can't tell you if the keel has improved handling from the previous units that did not have it, because this is my first jet boat, keel or no keel. I love the boat, and in the right conditions it is a Ton of Fun. Good luck!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put on Cobra steering on it and it tracks fine at slow speeds now. There was some wander if you did not stay at the wheel before. I know you are supposed to keep hands on the wheel but.... getting lines ready for docking and fenders. A cold soda out of the cooler things like that. I think you will like the extra capacity the handling of the chop more, and the security of a extra motor.The tandem trailer in case of a blowout. No wake mode is just like cruise control on a car. And u can use it up at 40 mph also.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here im in autopilot.... in love with this boat... very pleased...

Today i got a GARMIN 42xs, gonna start the install tomorrow...

Glad to be here in this forum btw....

IMG_1623.JPG