• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 252 FSH Sport in Tampa, Florida area

GPK66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,
Just made a move from WA state to Tampa area. I sold my AR 210, which I absolutely loved but could not take with me. I am looking to get into some salt water fishing and hanging out on sandy beaches in the sun! Anyway, I have decided on the 252 FSH Sport for sure and have talked to a couple dealers down here. It's been a while since I bought a new Yamaha boat.....I found a dealer in Clearwater that advised they were the biggest dealer in the USA by volume. They sell their boats at MSRP. I did not get a chance to ask about shipping and set-up fees. I had another dealer tell me they wanted close to $3500 in freight/set-up. That seems super high from the days I bought my AR in 2018 and I am inclined to walk away for sure and shop around. Is this the norm now? What are you seeing in your areas?

Thanks!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those high shipping fees were the result of that little virus thing that happened. There was also a surcharge that Yamaha was including the price but I think that is gone now. Cycle Springs is a huge dealer from what I understand and seems like they take care of their customers from what I’ve read.

If you want the boat and CS isn’t charging a lot for delivery and set up go and get it.

GPK66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Terrific, thanks. The Boat Show is this weekend down here so will get a chance to talk again and get a pre-order going. Can't wait to see what the 1.9 motors are like.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations !

What dealer did you choose ?
when do you get the boat ?

GPK66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! I looked at and seriously considered a number of other boats - all of them are beautiful center consoles. Key West, Black Fin, Sea Hunt was awesome, Cobia, Robalo was very nice, etc, etc. For the money and for the performance, just can't beat Yamaha so I am sticking with them! I know them inside and out, so I will do my own maintenance.....500hp won't be bad either :)

CYCLE SPRINGS POWERSPORTS in Clearwater. Apparently they are the biggest Yamaha boat dealer in the world ?

Deliver still unknown but likely before Thanksgiving (50/50). They have already received a few 2024s. Not in a major hurry so will see how it goes!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’m heading to Rockstar Powersports in St Pete today to drop my boat off. They are about 20 minutes from Cycle Springs. I can poke around the lot and see if they have anything available. Also there is another Yamaha dealer in Jacksonville and one in Miami. Maybe if you travel you could save a couple grand?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@GPK66 Rockstar Powersports in St Pete Fl has a Seafoam Green and a Black 255 FSH E with Trailer and 5yr warranty for $106,839. Without 5yr warranty take another $3k off.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Checkout Barney's in St Pete and also ride now in jacksonville
Yep, Barney’s is now Rockstar Powersports and Ride Now is the one in Jacksonville. The one in Miami and the Keys is Riva.

GPK66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you all! Really appreciate the advice and input!

I did talk to Rockstar before and during the show. I want to be respectful to all involved....will just say that the deal I got with Cycle Springs could not be touched. The 2024 255 FSH Sport E I ordered was well below MSRP and it came with the trailer. Not sure, but every Yamaha I have ever bought new came with the trailer. Maybe not all do? Fees were reasonable, by far the best price I saw with the dealers I spoke with. Now, the only issue is (of course) when the unit will come in ;)