• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 252 FSH Sport or 222 FSH Sport E?

If you were buying a new Yamaha which one would you choose between these two models?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
"...plus passengers..." Why would I consider "passengers" when considering the tow weight?
No, but if they're like my wife, they'll pack weight 1:1 for anyone in the truck :)

cgaechief

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@cgaechief - 6 Month check-in/status update. How’s the 222 FSH been treating you?
ViS,

We only have about 25 hours on it, done in about 7 outings. I love it. Actually, everyone that has been on it, loves it. I have Hertz radio issues(won't come out of mute). Our community salt water launch is very narrow canal, about 40' wide. I cannot come into the trailer straight on, and it was difficult controlling it turning 90* to get it on the trailer. I purchase the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thrust kit from Will Owen's JBP.

WOW, what a difference that made. Incredible difference. I had resorted to getting out of the boat and guiding it on with ropes. Now, I can easily drive it right on. It is amazing the difference in controlling. Even heading in or out of our canal with boat docks on both sides was a bugger. I was constantly, and I mean constantly, adjusting the steering wheel, but not since I installing those JBP steering enhancements.

There are a lot of areas in the Pine Island Sound where we do the majority of our fishing and boating that are very shallow, less than 3'. We can get to a lot more fishing spots with the low draft of this boat. We have even had the grandkids behind it wake surfing/boarding,and kneeboarding.

Absolutely the perfect boat for us and our family.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ViS,

We only have about 25 hours on it, done in about 7 outings. I love it. Actually, everyone that has been on it, loves it. I have Hertz radio issues(won't come out of mute). Our community salt water launch is very narrow canal, about 40' wide. I cannot come into the trailer straight on, and it was difficult controlling it turning 90* to get it on the trailer. I purchase the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thrust kit from Will Owen's JBP.

WOW, what a difference that made. Incredible difference. I had resorted to getting out of the boat and guiding it on with ropes. Now, I can easily drive it right on. It is amazing the difference in controlling. Even heading in or out of our canal with boat docks on both sides was a bugger. I was constantly, and I mean constantly, adjusting the steering wheel, but not since I installing those JBP steering enhancements.

There are a lot of areas in the Pine Island Sound where we do the majority of our fishing and boating that are very shallow, less than 3'. We can get to a lot more fishing spots with the low draft of this boat. We have even had the grandkids behind it wake surfing/boarding,and kneeboarding.

Absolutely the perfect boat for us and our family.
Heres hoping you can get out more often in the coming months! We would like to see some trip reports on your outings!