• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who cleans the boat after a day on the water?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a bad boat owner.

I wash a few times a year. After getting back, sometimes I wipe it down, but most times I am wiped. Plus our stall at the valet is too narrow to comfortably get around the boat. And I had not found the Sauce. And the inside can take so long to do right. I did put our little plug-in vac in the boat, so I can clean up the carpet pretty quickly. But most of the time she got put away just as she came out of the water, minus trash and supplies...

Now I am reforming. Got Sauce. Spray and wipe goes really quickly for the outside. But it is time to pull her out and give her a good once over. The boat.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having teenagers sure helps. After a day of boating they have plenty of energy to help out

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wakeformer It's a boat hull cleaning product, I think (don't quote me on this) that it's a mixture of vinegar, water, wax, good smelling stuff, and probably a few other things good for gel coat. I use it to wipe down the outside of my boat after an outing. You first go around with a water bottle in one hand and hot sauce in the other and spraying water first then hotsauce on the outside of the boat. Then do a wipe down and presto, new looking boat!
Him I need to order me some of this my spray detailer never works on the boat it leaves streaks

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Me and my 2 boys clean after every outing. Top to bottom.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do. I dont ask for gas money, cleaning etc. Im boating 100% whether friends come or not so I dont require or ask for them to do ANYTHING other than enjoy themselves with our family
This is me as well, other than the cleaning part (I don't wipe it down so no one else does either). Although Sometimes the scum line that develops during the day gets to me and I will walk around the boat to wipe that off. Usually though by the time we get out of the water are focus is on one or two things, finding a place to eat on the way home and getting home.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It depends - usually my wife helps if the kids will allow for it! Otherwise it is just me while my wife watches the kids. This summer I am expecting that they will all help. One is turning 5 and has become a great helper. The other is 2 1/2 and likes to copy big sister! And if they do not help, no big deal. I do not mind doing it. I am just glad they like to come with me!

nucleuscracker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
totally all me that cleans the boat. Be it in the driveway, out in the water or at the dock. A part of it is a bit OCD with wanting it cleaned a certain way but also, totally enjoy the peace and quiet while the wife and two teenage step daughters are off doing whatever.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do have to amend my prior reply a bit. This site infected me and I bought a bottle of Hot Sauce. Now on each return she gets sprayed down and wiped down (I spray as the guy backs her into the stall). And, of course, having done all of that, I wipe down the major parts of the inside...

Yes, it takes me a few extra minutes. But I must say I am far happier when I open the boat up the next time and she is all shiny and pretty and ready to go.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wet slip so I clean before heading out beyond clearing out garbage, etc. When we get back I like to hang out on the boat a little at the dock and relax but everyone else always disappears. Especially with guests, it is like they could at least hang out for my first beer of the day. I do not ask anything else of them beyond not ruining anyone else's fun.

TexasTea

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday I saw the SX version of my AR210 when going to pick up my boat from storage for a day on the water. Our boats where the same year, color, everything. This guys boat was a dingy, off-white with similar dingy seats to match. That boat looked like it was 10 years old, sat in uncovered, sun and water drenched conditions. My wife looked at me and said: "ok, now I understand why you're so anal about cleaning the boat after every time. That boat looked like crap." It was night and day difference and solidified to me that it may be a PITA of 2-3 hrs after a full day on the water but it's time well spent! Take care of your investment...

Pic of the wife and I and the kids with us from yesterday...just because.

Attachments

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank god my wife helps most of the time. We hot sauce and shine both inside and out once we pull from the water. I use vinyl sauce too but I do that every other trip or so and generally in prep, not cleanup. Haha, I get asked all the time if we ever use it too! Like arnie said, it pays to take care of the 'ol equipment!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You guys all make me sad. I have three kids 4 and under and work two jobs so when we go out, we make it a late night. Coming home at 9 or so leaves little to no time for cleaning. Depending on kid cooperation (who is crying or sleeping) it at least gets stuff unloaded into truck and a quick wipe of any messes. Our lake is a mucky bottom so the water leaves residue and we wash the whole boat every few uses if we can but that to us usually means we could have gone out and used it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat gets washed with soap and water and flushed every time we take it out.....no exceptions (we're in salt water). Sometimes we're on the water until 7:30 or 8:00 so you can catch me washing in the driveway until 10:00pm or so. At least it's a great time to see your LED's and drink beer. My wife usually unpacks from the day and gets the kids showered and in bed during this time.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys all make me sad. I have three kids 4 and under and work two jobs so when we go out, we make it a late night. Coming home at 9 or so leaves little to no time for cleaning. Depending on kid cooperation (who is crying or sleeping) it at least gets stuff unloaded into truck and a quick wipe of any messes. Our lake is a mucky bottom so the water leaves residue and we wash the whole boat every few uses if we can but that to us usually means we could have gone out and used it.
I'm in the same boat, my 3 kids are separated by 3.3 years (6-8-9) and by the time we get home it's dark and I'm completely exhausted. Quick wipe down at the ramp and basic storage and stuff when we get home. It's why I enforce a strict nothing that crumbles can be eaten on the boat rule.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have princesses. They want the fun but not the work, which is fine with me. There is a reason all my toys look brand new, even though they may be many years older then they appear. Clean that baby with soap and water as soon as you get home, no matter the hour. Then, a wipe down with hot sauce. Wax twice a season. Not having a shiny, clean boat is unacceptable to me. Plus, when I sell it in a few years, I will get top dollar.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My first time camping with my boat just a few weeks after purchase ( new boat syndrome ) my cousin came up to check it out. He's a boater also. Saw me wiping it down after taking everybody tubing and taught me the # 1 rule to boating. The skipper doesn't wipe down his boat after taking kids and guest out, they do. Made sense to me so I only spray on the boat bling and supervise now.;)
GREAT "RULE" @1rjclark ! Glad to learn of it. Unfortunately, I research this, after reading your posts and see that for some reason, it is prohibited within the State Of Georgia. LOL !
Y'all play nicely now, y'hear ? ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I boat in different waters so i clean down the hull at the least so that I don't transport bad organisms or the wrong ones and mess with the ecosystem. After boating in the schuykill I also make the kids shower to Remove any residue. Half kidding

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length