• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who cleans the boat after a day on the water?

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first time camping with my boat just a few weeks after purchase ( new boat syndrome ) my cousin came up to check it out. He's a boater also. Saw me wiping it down after taking everybody tubing and taught me the # 1 rule to boating. The skipper doesn't wipe down his boat after taking kids and guest out, they do. Made sense to me so I only spray on the boat bling and supervise now.;)

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always have my crew wipe down the whole outside of the boat as soon as we pull it out of the water while I get the inside buttoned up for travel. When I get home I will let it air dry before covering it. Every 3 outings I give the boat a good wash inside and out and twice a year I wax it

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always have my crew wipe down the whole outside of the boat as soon as we pull it out of the water while I get the inside buttoned up for travel. When I get home I will let it air dry before covering it. Every 3 outings I give the boat a good wash inside and out and twice a year I wax it
I normally do the wipe down on the inside while I let friends or family do the wipe down on the outside.
I've been looking for a good wax. What do you use?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I stopped wiping down my boat after every outing about 3 boats (9 or years) ago. Basically, it gets washed twice a year, once at the start of the season and again in the middle of it. My thought being that I won't ask or demand that my friends and / or family do something that I'm not willing to do myself. However, I got my boat used so that may factor into this as well.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I do all of the cleaning......UGHH. I like Meguiars and Zymol :thumbsup:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wipe mine down after every outing. I do it myself because I'm particular, or picky, or anal. It only takes me 10 mins.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I never wipe down the boat after I pull it out but I always wash the boat when I get home or the next morning. My wife thinks I am crazy but she has yet to offer to help. :p

@jcyamahariders wife

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I did mine after every outing last year. I dont trust anyone else doing it but sometimes my buddy helps me. I really dont mind, its my alone time to reflect.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do the Hot Sauce after every outing - even if I'm going out the very next morning. Sometime my son helps, sometimes he doesn't.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We usually boat on Sundays and stay out as late as possible then take the boat home that night. The next day while I am at work my wife pressure washes inside and out and cleans up whatever was left behind.

Several years ago I bought a cheaper Karcher pressure washer. It has paid for itself many times over.

jacob37

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wash before i go out and after i get back. I do not like being on a dirty boat. I use 303 spray religiously, used it on my last boat i had for 8 years and it keep it looking new. The SPF 50 really works and its not greasy at all! Actually when i sold my previous boat the guy who bought it ask me if i ever used the thing.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Last edited:

sdynak

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it seems I need to find new friends & family :confused: .. Everybody books into the house as soon as we get in.. sometimes I don't even think their feet touch the ground :rolleyes:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider....you still talking about the boat????....LOL

LMAO!!!! Yes we are talking about the boat. That is too funny and not the first time I assumed everyone was talking about the same thing.

I better edit that right away.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I do the Hot Sauce after every outing - even if I'm going out the very next morning. Sometime my son helps, sometimes he doesn't.
Same here. I wipe it down every time it gets pulled out of the water. My buddy and I wipe down the outside with Hot Sauce if he comes, if not just myself. My wife does the inside with Vinyl Sauce after every outing. And it's well worth it! Everyone comments on how clean it is and well kept, it's in perfect condition! (knock on wood)

Last edited:

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Danny and I adopted Mel's efficient process. We wipe down after every outing with Hot Sauce. It only takes about 10-15 minutes. We do the inside after we get home.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I normally end up doing half while someone else does the other half....I only wipe it off w/towels though and it takes less than 5min

I normally hit it w/hot sauce once every couple weeks as well....have a lot of mineral in the water where we normally boat and the water spots get a lil crazy on the black hull