• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whole Boat LED install

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
........I would rather just add another rocker switch so I could power them on separately from the cockpit LED's whenever I needed to use them. That being said I would like to add one to the helm storage door!
My plan was to do a little of both of those ideas. Separate circuit for storage lighting with the switch just inside the storage door :D

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added white LEDs storage lights by tapping into the stock courtesy lights . I’m happy with the results. Wires are right there and it’s a quick mod.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added white LEDs storage lights by tapping into the stock courtesy lights . I’m happy with the results. Wires are right there and it’s a quick mod.
Would you happen to have a pic of your wire install?

With the Connext system the aren't any rockers to easily tap into. - thank you

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would you happen to have a pic of your wire install?

With the Connext system the aren't any rockers to easily tap into. - thank you
I tapped into the wires going to each light so it’s controlled with the Connext system. I don’t have any photos right now but when I get the chance I’ll post them.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Shout out to all who have posted here, displaying your installed LED's. Special thanks to @haknslash ...after reading your installation, I finally took the plunge and went forward with my LED install on my '14 SX190. It's something that I've been wanted to do for a while after reading the many posts. I decided to go with the Opt7 Aura LED strip kit since it included everything for the boat. All LEDs came wired with connectors. The kit includes all needed hardware to install on your boat. The LEDs appear to be of very nice quality. Since it is a multi-color kit, it also includes a control box. It has a sound sync option but the box needs to be mounted right next to a speaker for it to function correctly. The base kit includes four 24-inch strips. I also bought a 12-inch pair kit and a 4-piece 3.5-inch add kit.

After opening the box, I realized that the connectors were large and would require a large matching hole to fit each connector. I almost considered returning the kit but really wanted to make it work. So I decided to further inspect the boat for existing openings and cut outs. I found that most seat backs had cutouts behind them. I ended up having to drill one large hole behind the bow port seat backing. As you will see in the pictures, I used the port rear speaker for access and ground out a portion of the speaker frame to route a LED wire. That area is the only one that has an exposed wire. I also used the courtesy light next to the throttle as access for another wire. The Dremel came in handy to grind a recess.

You basically need to be a contortionist to fit into the storage areas on this boat. Good thing I'm a fit 6-foot, 180 pound guy! That said it was still a big challenge getting into and out of each area. Plus, the fiberglass rash on my arms was not fun. I used an 11mm socket and wrench to loosen the bolts behind the seat backs so that I could snake the wire and connector through. I mounted the control box by the stereo in the helm locker with two of the 3.5-inch LEDs. The engine bay also has a pair of 3.5's, one in the front of the engine bay and one in the top rear. The four 24-inch sections are in the main seating area and the 12-inch pair went to light up the bow seating.

I zip tied the wiring to the existing wiring conduits through out the boat. In the bow area, there is no wiring, so I hot glued the wiring to the hull so that it was clear of any interference.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the results. I'm even more happy that I did not have to drill many large holes into the boat to get this to all work. All that is left is to hook up a power switch since I wired the control box into the 12v power plug that is next to the stereo. What I noticed is that when I turn the main battery switch on, the LED lights turn on automatically.

Links:
www.opt-7.com
http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-accent-light-kits/

20180717_101529.jpg 20180715_183359.jpg 20180715_181023.jpg 20180713_135506.jpg 20180715_181559.jpg 9732.jpeg 9733.jpeg received_10160601075035427.jpeg received_10160601073920427.jpeg received_10160601072310427.jpeg received_10160601145280427.jpeg

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shout out to all who have posted here, displaying your installed LED's. Special thanks to @haknslash ...after reading your installation, I finally took the plunge and went forward with my LED install on my '14 SX190. It's something that I've been wanted to do for a while after reading the many posts. I decided to go with the Opt7 Aura LED strip kit since it included everything for the boat. All LEDs came wired with connectors. The kit includes all needed hardware to install on your boat. The LEDs appear to be of very nice quality. Since it is a multi-color kit, it also includes a control box. It has a sound sync option but the box needs to be mounted right next to a speaker for it to function correctly. The base kit includes four 24-inch strips. I also bought a 12-inch pair kit and a 4-piece 3.5-inch add kit.

After opening the box, I realized that the connectors were large and would require a large matching hole to fit each connector. I almost considered returning the kit but really wanted to make it work. So I decided to further inspect the boat for existing openings and cut outs. I found that most seat backs had cutouts behind them. I ended up having to drill one large hole behind the bow port seat backing. As you will see in the pictures, I used the port rear speaker for access and ground out a portion of the speaker frame to route a LED wire. That area is the only one that has an exposed wire. I also used the courtesy light next to the throttle as access for another wire. The Dremel came in handy to grind a recess.

You basically need to be a contortionist to fit into the storage areas on this boat. Good thing I'm a fit 6-foot, 180 pound guy! That said it was still a big challenge getting into and out of each area. Plus, the fiberglass rash on my arms was not fun. I used an 11mm socket and wrench to loosen the bolts behind the seat backs so that I could snake the wire and connector through. I mounted the control box by the stereo in the helm locker with two of the 3.5-inch LEDs. The engine bay also has a pair of 3.5's, one in the front of the engine bay and one in the top rear. The four 24-inch sections are in the main seating area and the 12-inch pair went to light up the bow seating.

I zip tied the wiring to the existing wiring conduits through out the boat. In the bow area, there is no wiring, so I hot glued the wiring to the hull so that it was clear of any interference.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the results. I'm even more happy that I did not have to drill many large holes into the boat to get this to all work. All that is left is to hook up a power switch since I wired the control box into the 12v power plug that is next to the stereo. What I noticed is that when I turn the main battery switch on, the LED lights turn on automatically.

Links:
www.opt-7.com
http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-accent-light-kits/

View attachment 79153 View attachment 79154 View attachment 79155 View attachment 79156 View attachment 79157 View attachment 79158 View attachment 79159 View attachment 79160 View attachment 79161 View attachment 79162 View attachment 79163
Very nice. Congrats

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hot glued the wiring to the hull so that it was clear of any interference.
I like that idea! I'll have to keep it in mind. - thanks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope this helps: Go to https://www.aliexpress.com/
Do a search for what you are looking for. For example led strip waterproof (rgb or color) and 12v.
Just like eBay look at the reviews, SHIPPING cost, time to receive the items.
The site has implemented guaranteed delivery times. Look close at this feature and keep track of your shipments. If the item does not arrive in the guarantee time frame you get your money back.
The site accepts credit cards.

The site was started by the same guy who started Alibaba (wholesale website).
As long as you don't need the items real fast the prices are great and MOST of the products are well built.
I have bought from them for years. Fun to look around and see what is able to be bought.

Do watch the shipping closely though. Sometimes you get a Great price for the item but shipping is $100. Not sure wat the Seller is trying to do, but there are some on the site.

I hope this helps.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I forgot to mention an important thing about LEDs is their lumens. Look at the different LED products and how much the lumens are. Watts will give you an idea, but lumens are the true number to look at.