• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
S
I would love to get into go-karting. Where do you even start?
sorry @adrianp89 i just saw your post today. There are Karting tracks all over the country it’s best to start at one of those track and rent karts if they have them, then work your way up from there. But don’t buy any equipment until you know what you want to do with the sport. If you just want to have fun, you can do that on most equipment. Provided that it’s reliable. If you want to end up racing, you’ll probably want to consult with a shop first and find out what types of equipment they race locally and go from there.
here’s another video of me visiting my daughter in Texas and renting karts at the Dallas Karting Complex. The karts we drove are fun, but nothing (performance wise) in comparison to the kart that I run at home.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Sadly, it’s just that time of year, although that water looks inviting
8EF516E0-18E4-435B-9D42-A87C36C41CD4.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since I spent the day washing the boat on Saturday before the rain came, I had just enough time to do a spray on Ceramic coating. I bought this stuff during Prime Days along with a bundle of MicroFiber towels.

I would have to say, It looked good, but the feel was where it was at. Normally I could throw a towel over the gunwale, but after putting this stuff on, the towel just slid off the side of the boat. You could feel it with your hands! It makes me want to do the lower hull too! (I did my semi-annual acid wash) But this may add 5mph! HA!

Obviously, the carwash snobs will agree this is no expensive commercial stuff. And may wear off in one outing, but you can noticeably feel with with your hands.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
65-67 degree water. It's the warmest water I have ever done dock work in. My wife actually helped for the first time, I think she likes the wireless remote on the winch!

Time to go bury them in the woods until spring

pull out.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need your garage.
You are amazed at how many folks come out of the woodwork when they realize you have a 40x80 with concrete floor.

Tweener season is difficult, as we have to clear the back four slots for pontoons and boats, and pull the snowmobiles and other winter toys forward. So we shuffle and sweep the entire floor every spring/fall. We should have 4 big boats across the back in the next week or two before the snow comes.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You are amazed at how many folks come out of the woodwork when they realize you have a 40x80 with concrete floor.

Tweener season is difficult, as we have to clear the back four slots for pontoons and boats, and pull the snowmobiles and other winter toys forward. So we shuffle and sweep the entire floor every spring/fall. We should have 4 big boats across the back in the next week or two before the snow comes.
I can already see people asking me for storage lol. My neighbors son is sitting on a small piece of land that would be perfect for this garage, only a few hundred yards away from me.

He keeps saying he is going to build a house on the land but I think he just needs to sell it to me. :cool:

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This would be awesome for boat storage.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For us Northern folk, dry stacking is not as common. But it's very close to a carvana for boats. We only see it on the larger lakes. But when we took delivery of our boat in SC, it was in dry stack. Let's just say, I got a better chance to inspect the hull than most boat buyers! The pic in my signature file was from delivery day!1.png2.png

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, we aren't going to get the snow the Black hills is getting, but it got close enough to give us 38 degree rain all day!

Forecast for Lead, SD today: Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 18 inches, with the highest amounts over the higher terrain. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph on Wednesday.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Well, we aren't going to get the snow the Black hills is getting, but it got close enough to give us 38 degree rain all day!

Forecast for Lead, SD today: Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 18 inches, with the highest amounts over the higher terrain. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph on Wednesday.
Fun! It wasn’t me this time, but someone down the lake is cursing the wind
4398C2FF-819F-4DFA-875D-6909868B5A93.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

After the skies dumped cold rain for 24hrs, I was going to ride my motorcycle to work today. 46 degrees at 6am, and dropping to a 44 degree low by noon. Put a fork in summer for us. But 65 degree "fall" days may be back by the weekend.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect day to pull the lift and boat, as well as the paddle boards and lily pad. No waders needed, just my wetsuit and water shoes. We have our first snow forecast next week so it had to happen. Still, gotta wash it up.
View attachment 164957

View attachment 164958
Boat shuffling all done. We pulled everything, swept the floor and got all four boats in along the back wall. Winter toys pulled forward and we are packed up for the winter. Waverunner lifts are out and tucked away in the woods with the docks.

Now we need ice and snow, so we can move on to the next season.

AE95887A-C7A0-42B9-A2D8-CB05B668C593.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I walked out to get my truck, to go into town, and it was 29 degrees, with frost still on the lawn in the shadows of the trees. Fresh whitetail tracks across the driveway. Yup, winter is not far off.