• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, still down in the 30's at night, and mid to high 50's in the afternoon. So it was time for some Mother's Day Weekend Mud! Took my folks out and some friends for a trail ride to lunch! Great day!

My kind of people. Looked like everybody had a great time. 😁

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s another paramotor video. This footage wasn’t the best and is leftovers from other videos. Most taken from a cel phone, so it’s pretty shaky. But the flights were too good to just throw the footage away. More of a video for my flying buddies and I to look back on and remember the flights.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not boating because it’s a cold, gray, windy, choppy Memorial Day weekend. :(
C37DE1CB-BFA2-4C7B-97E3-9D02BAA5696E.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not boating as 5 couples rented a VRBO in the Black Hills and we put on over 300 miles in SXS's! We could be doing worse things in the 65 degree sunny weather! But waterfall hunting, and having "safety meetings" out of cell service was a pretty nice time!

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Today, Finished bottling first ever wine. A moscato.
also, Started a batch of mead infused with muscadines. Considering imparting some charred wood flavor as well.
Next up will be limoncello. will keep you posted.

Attachments

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
life changes happening. Oldest son in college and working... youngest is 14, plays soccer almost every day-I coach.

this season, we only used the boat 6 times. Maybe well get one or two more in... but I have doubts the way weather violently shifts these days.

there's a New chapter in life coming, well keep the boat, and enjoy it when we can, but it wont be the primary focus for awhile, Im afraid. Cant say I'm sad, as there will be new adventures, but still. great memories were made for my family. i wanna be boating!! LOL My wifes attitude is kinda "dont wanna go if we are only gonna be out there for little bit-not worth it for the work" and im more "lets do what we can do"

i saw this coming this is why I ultimately didn't push for the new Yamaha....

Anyone else here been through lulls??

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else here been through lulls??
Very much so running through lulls here. 10yr old has become quite proficient at soccer and is playing on a travel league this season. That effectively ended our already stretched thin season. I'm in school part time to get an MBA, and have new responsibilities at the office that are taking time. The 3yr old is still too timid to tube or watersports, and we don't have any friends with young kids at this stage, so he's kind of a "one off" by himself most days on the water. Makes his enthusiasm a little lower. Wife has been trying to get in shape so she's spending time on the bicycle and gym, which is great, I want her to live as long as possible, and she looks amazing, but it's stealing time from an an already tight budget.

We really struggled to hit our "bucket list" of places this year. We also never got the tent out. Just too many things happening all the time and it feels like we can't come up for air long enough to plan a full weekend anywhere. We all still love the boat, but it's become one of several competing priorities for time for us. Nobodies fault but our own.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very much so running through lulls here. 10yr old has become quite proficient at soccer and is playing on a travel league this season. That effectively ended our already stretched thin season. I'm in school part time to get an MBA, and have new responsibilities at the office that are taking time. The 3yr old is still too timid to tube or watersports, and we don't have any friends with young kids at this stage, so he's kind of a "one off" by himself most days on the water. Makes his enthusiasm a little lower. Wife has been trying to get in shape so she's spending time on the bicycle and gym, which is great, I want her to live as long as possible, and she looks amazing, but it's stealing time from an an already tight budget.

We really struggled to hit our "bucket list" of places this year. We also never got the tent out. Just too many things happening all the time and it feels like we can't come up for air long enough to plan a full weekend anywhere. We all still love the boat, but it's become one of several competing priorities for time for us. Nobodies fault but our own.
coming up for air. great analogy! def our fault. Trying not to lament it, but cant help it. Its usually planning in my head all week to take the boat out, then having either kid, wife, work, or soccer message me and remind me of something going on lol

and the "one-off" is similar here too. My 14 yo doesn't care to go without his big bro, kinda boring when mom and dad just wanna cruise...catch some rays and fresh air and get some space...and have a few drinks. :) Wife and I both also in a weight loss routine. Down about 10 lbs in 1.5 months tough to fit boat into that. IF we hit our goals, maybe next year will be different lol Might help if i was into the social boating thing at the sandbar, but being around drunks isn't fun for me. I like quiet. :)

I'll put some more time into motorcycling... energy into the kids' soccer....

speaking of....tell your son good luck with soccer, seriously, we're certifiable nutjobs about it here. Tell him some random internet coach told him to juggle the ball instead of videogames when he's bored at home.. 10 minutes a day, both feet, hell surpass his counterparts in no time. Most kids just come to practice and assume I'm going to create the Next Ronaldo in an hour then go home and do nothing. :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OMG, so many parallels here.

coming up for air. great analogy! def our fault. Trying not to lament it, but cant help it. Its usually planning in my head all week to take the boat out, then having either kid, wife, work, or soccer message me and remind me of something going on lol
My wife has taken on the role of social coordinator. Between two friend groups, soccer, school, and family I think we have about 3.5 birthdays per month to deal with. Always fighting for weekend time. She keeps the calender, and I'm damn grateful she does, I couldn't keep track of this much "stuff"

and the "one-off" is similar here too. My 14 yo doesn't care to go without his big bro, kinda boring when mom and dad just wanna cruise...catch some rays and fresh air and get some space...and have a few drinks. :) Wife and I both also in a weight loss routine. Down about 10 lbs in 1.5 months tough to fit boat into that. IF we hit our goals, maybe next year will be different lol Might help if i was into the social boating thing at the sandbar, but being around drunks isn't fun for me. I like quiet. :)
We were big into the social boating when the 3yr old was a tiny baby. Neighbhors with a pontoon had a 20yr old girl that LOVED to hold the baby, so we would motor out, tie up, and spend the day with the rest of the adults and her tending to the baby. It was a great "relief" from being new parents again at 40. Now she's gone, and the baby is a toddler we need to keep moving on the water a little bit more to keep everyone entertained. Friends are stuck in the "go park and drink" routine since they are without kids. Just different styles I suppose, but we're running low on "active" boat friends as well.[/QUOTE]

I'll put some more time into motorcycling... energy into the kids' soccer....
My best friend has (2) ducatis. I have more miles on his '10 Monster 696 than he does at this point. He bought a '12 SF 848 and his wife won't let him ride alone, so he recruited me to ride with him. We've ridden twice in the last two years. Maybe a total of 250 miles between the two rides. We used to ride 2-3 times a month and be gone for a full day on a long ride. Now we're lucky to get a Thursday night free, and then one the bikes won't start so we say the heck with it and sit around a campfire in the back yard and chat. I really miss riding.....wonder if he'll sell me the monster?

speaking of....tell your son good luck with soccer, seriously, we're certifiable nutjobs about it here. Tell him some random internet coach told him to juggle the ball instead of videogames when he's bored at home.. 10 minutes a day, both feet, hell surpass his counterparts in no time. Most kids just come to practice and assume I'm going to create the Next Ronaldo in an hour then go home and do nothing. :D
he's so bad about coming home and doing nothing. He's really getting into soccer, and I can see the wheels turning in his head. he knows WHAT to do at this point (getting open, maintaining pressure on the other team, etc), but he doesn't quite have the good mechanics to make it happen, and he needs to step up his aggression just a click to really move to the next level. I'll be sure to pass along the juggling tips, he's already been fussing at me for being bored since we cut his screen time back to daily limit.

Be safe out there, and keep in mind......next season is just a few months away. Start planning those trips NOW!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Why aren't you boating? -- No Boat!!! :(

My biggest activity for the last four months been sitting on my ass, waiting for our new house to be built. :oops:

We have planned on riding our three Polaris Aces this Summer, but my wife has had a couple of eye surgeries (she is doing well :)) so the only riding I did was move them out of the garage from our old rental house, put them on the trailer, and put them in our storage unit.

my Ace.jpg

Jim

Last edited:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG, so many parallels here.

My wife has taken on the role of social coordinator. Between two friend groups, soccer, school, and family I think we have about 3.5 birthdays per month to deal with. Always fighting for weekend time. She keeps the calender, and I'm damn grateful she does, I couldn't keep track of this much "stuff"

We were big into the social boating when the 3yr old was a tiny baby. Neighbhors with a pontoon had a 20yr old girl that LOVED to hold the baby, so we would motor out, tie up, and spend the day with the rest of the adults and her tending to the baby. It was a great "relief" from being new parents again at 40. Now she's gone, and the baby is a toddler we need to keep moving on the water a little bit more to keep everyone entertained. Friends are stuck in the "go park and drink" routine since they are without kids. Just different styles I suppose, but we're running low on "active" boat friends as well.

My best friend has (2) ducatis. I have more miles on his '10 Monster 696 than he does at this point. He bought a '12 SF 848 and his wife won't let him ride alone, so he recruited me to ride with him. We've ridden twice in the last two years. Maybe a total of 250 miles between the two rides. We used to ride 2-3 times a month and be gone for a full day on a long ride. Now we're lucky to get a Thursday night free, and then one the bikes won't start so we say the heck with it and sit around a campfire in the back yard and chat. I really miss riding.....wonder if he'll sell me the monster?

he's so bad about coming home and doing nothing. He's really getting into soccer, and I can see the wheels turning in his head. he knows WHAT to do at this point (getting open, maintaining pressure on the other team, etc), but he doesn't quite have the good mechanics to make it happen, and he needs to step up his aggression just a click to really move to the next level. I'll be sure to pass along the juggling tips, he's already been fussing at me for being bored since we cut his screen time back to daily limit.

Be safe out there, and keep in mind......next season is just a few months away. Start planning those trips NOW!
this change is big for us, we dont do things without our kids... but now, they dont need us. Weve planned our first actual trip without them this march. going to mexico-assuming i dont get covid anxiety about the plane lol

Riding, even if its to work, is my psychiatry. helmet on, world off!!! Ducati sounds even more fun to me - beemer guy here. This is how im connecting with my older son-he LOVES bikes now we tak short rides, and plan on a cross country, or even TAT ride in the future.

the different styles thing I totally get. Nobody ever wants to go, and when they do its the party scene real late or they dont wanna be out too long lol I dont think we're done boating, but we certainly are diminished. The boat let me get my gearhead out, wife got to chill in the sun, and boys got to be boys all at once. It was the perfect thing for us while both my boys were actually kids lol

Just turning chapters in the book of life here.... worst case, i get grandkids. Ill be taking them out boating.....

also, thank heavens for wives and ability to coordinate. I cant tell you what im doing 10 minutes from now lol

Good luck to you!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got back on the track, first time post covid outbreak.

Still flying as often as I can.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I finally got back on the track, first time post covid outbreak.

Still flying as often as I can.
I would love to get into go-karting. Where do you even start?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Safety first. Thats why I wear a helmet. Takes all the risk right out of the sport. 😉
My company’s life insurance AND health plan specifically call out powered parasailing 🪂 as excluded high risk activities (in addition to others like certain types of mountain climbing, parachuting, wingsuit flying, etc.). Any thoughts?

Been following Tucker Gott on YouTube on and off for a while. Looks like a blast. But… not sure my younger self would tolerate the risk. 100% sure my older, current self would not.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My company’s life insurance AND health plan specifically call out powered parasailing 🪂 as excluded high risk activities (in addition to others like certain types of mountain climbing, parachuting, wingsuit flying, etc.). Any thoughts?

Been following Tucker Gott on YouTube on and off for a while. Looks like a blast. But… not sure my younger self would tolerate the risk. 100% sure my older, current self would not.
theres a big part of me that REALLY wants to take my boys and do this at some point... Tucker kid is cool but the branding stuff gets nauseating lol but thats 99% of youtube.... :)

1.5 hrs away is FlyPPG home base, both sons exhibit interest. Just need time. And to not spend money on motorcycle stuff LOL

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to get into go-karting. Where do you even start?
Me, I head down the block to the neighbor's house!

He has his own racing team, along with his son, and he built a nice track to take his carts out for practice fun, but it's really no fun getting spanked by a "pro" driver.