• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

73 miles with my wife and another couple on Saturday. And another 102 miles yesterday with two buds! The last bit of video is the groomer working the trails, in case you Southern folk have never seen one. That's what makes the trails flat and fast! Trails were MINT!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heres another one of my flying videos. Everything in this one is from one flight, taken on an Insta360 One X camera.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Two deposits, no boat yet. One is going on 6 months, the other about 7 weeks.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No boating Yet... we both work 2 jobs and we have 3 kids and are flipping a 2600 sq ft house while we live in it.
It fired right up though!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Picked the boat up in January and still haven't completed my break-in. I work nights and weekends and barely have any time. I'm retiring May 30th so that's about to change.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No boating Yet... we both work 2 jobs and we have 3 kids and are flipping a 2600 sq ft house while we live in it.
It fired right up though!
My condolences.

I think that's the appropriate response...? 🤷‍♂️ I spent 3 years S L O W L Y remodeling our house while living in it... and I'm a licensed contractor. That's how life goes. Sounds like you've got your priorities where they should be.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heres another one of my flying videos. Everything in this one is from one flight, taken on an Insta360 One X camera.

Incredible!!!
Thank you for sharing!

VADER332

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I went out yesterday and put 3hrs on the clock. Still have not reach the 10hr mark yet.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Spending time on the fishing boat. Water temp is still in the mid 50's here!

IMG_0966.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

12.5" average is pretty decent. I just hate cleaning panfish. Someday I will get good with an electric knife. I hear that is the way to do crappies easily. One more week and it will be game on with the walleyes!

So technically we were boating. But when fishing, I consider the boat as the vehicle that gets me to the fishing. When boating, we are enjoying the ride as much as the destination activity.

This was not trail riding! HA!

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wind. wind. WIND! I hate it.
20210507_184251_1.gif
As I was leaving work.
Screenshot_20210508-215611_Instagram.jpg
My sister took this shot down at the marina.

Calphor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 149380
As I was leaving work.
The last big wind earlier in the year in Ogden pushed my trailered 190 (with the wheels chocked) 6 feet sideways into a chain link fence and scratched up the gel coat. I have never seen anything like it. I take it in this week to get it fixed.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last big wind earlier in the year in Ogden pushed my trailered 190 (with the wheels chocked) 6 feet sideways into a chain link fence and scratched up the gel coat. I have never seen anything like it. I take it in this week to get it fixed.
Holy crap! That is intense. Good luck with the fix.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 149380
As I was leaving work.
View attachment 149379
My sister took this shot down at the marina.
It wasn't looking quite as intense as your pics, but a week ago I got an emergency call in the middle of the day from my lake marina to urgently come and move the boat. I had to leave work (a man needs to have his priorities straight, right?) and ran up there. My boat was the only one at the front row, which are all plastic slips, it was blowing super hard at that point with gusts of wind up to 50mph; the boat was secured perfectly but the plastic docks (the whole front row) were moving so much it was hard to stand on. Couldn't take any pics not lose my phone, it was really ROUGH.

The marina owner was flabbergasted watching me take off, spin around the lake, circle back, tie up on the inside, wave - and run back to work.

I must admit, I'm a pretty good Yamaha jet boat driver at this point, lol; these boats can handle a lot like it's nothing, if pushed right.

Oh, thanks @Cobra Jet Steering LLC - your steering enhancements are pretty awesome, too.
1620604004223.png

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It wasn't looking quite as intense as your pics, but a week ago I got an emergency call in the middle of the day from my lake marina to urgently come and move the boat. I had to leave work (a man needs to have his priorities straight, right?) and ran up there. My boat was the only one at the front row, which are all plastic slips, it was blowing super hard at that point with gusts of wind up to 50mph; the boat was secured perfectly but the plastic docks (the whole front row) were moving so much it was hard to stand on. Couldn't take any pics not lose my phone, it was really ROUGH.

The marina owner was flabbergasted watching me take off, spin around the lake, circle back, tie up on the inside, wave - and run back to work.

I must admit, I'm a pretty good Yamaha jet boat driver at this point, lol; these boats can handle a lot like it's nothing, if pushed right.

Oh, thanks @Cobra Jet Steering LLC - your steering enhancements are pretty awesome, too.
View attachment 149470

--
Priorities is right! Glad it was safe thru it all. These were probably 40mph gusts, but some areas reportedly saw 70mph. The ugliest part of it all was all the dust that blew in with it. Just nasty!