• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Because the sky is broke, thing has bean leaking for a week now. And next week we go to Disney

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We're late afternoon/night time boaters. It has rained just about everyday for weeks now. Crazy! Backyard is now like a swamp and the dogs are tearing it up. Can't wait for late Oct/Nov when this comes to an end and boating IS BACK!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, it was time to "put a fork in it" for the waverunners.

One last buzz around the lake to work the Seafoam into the remaining fuel, pull 'em, wash 'em, fog 'em and wrap them up to be put to bed. The amount of color at my landing is not representative for the rest of the lake. We are full on color!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful day out on the Lake, well as viewed from the slip.

20210925_142157.jpg

Chased down a leak on the boat today. Ruled out lake water last week as I noticed water in the bilge after filling the domestic water tanks. I fixed a small drip from the hot water heater outlet fitting at the tank, but the leak persisted. After checking and ruling out the tanks and pump/manifold, I took apart the starboard cabin seating and found the leak at a T in the supply to the hot water heater. It ended up being a loose hose clamp. Easy fix.

20210925_123208.jpg

Cleaned out the bilge while it was all apart.

20210925_143205.jpg

I put it all back together, looked up on deck an found Willow enjoying the bow pad.

20210925_144557.jpg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our son broke his arm the week before Labor day weekend at football practice. Needed surgery to reset it but no pins or plates were needed. Arm broke right behind the wrist. Healing beautifully! Went in yesterday for a second checkup and get a new cast put on. This time a half cast. The first one was past the elbow and this one is in front. Here in late summer it's too hot to be on the boat on the lake and not be in the water. Even if this unfortunate event hadn't happened we wouldn't have been able to take the boat out at any other time other then Labor day weekend. It's our daughter's senior year of high school and she's an officer on the drill team so she is very busy with all that stuff. We are heavily involved with the drill team boosters so we are busy with that too. Then we've helped out with our oldest nephew and his year old son and his separation from his wife. Not a good situation there and the boys needed out of quickly with restraining orders involved.

So no time for boating even with the dry and sunny weather that we've had lately. Oh well! It's not costing us anything for it to just sit since we keep the boat in a garage at home and not in a storage unit or slip somewhere.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So since the days are getting shorter here in Minnesota, I did some dock upgrades. Our particular dock (Floe) didn't have any factory lights, but I found a company that makes solar LED's that fit on top of the factory bumpers!

I just shot a few quick cell phone pics, but the MFG liked them so much, they are going to include them on their website. I just like not falling in the lake in the dark. And no, my Morgan Diet should not be to blame for falling in.

IMG_7601.JPGIMG_7602.JPGIMG_7604.JPGIMG_7606.JPGIMG_7607.JPG

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So since the days are getting shorter here in Minnesota, I did some dock upgrades. Our particular dock (Floe) didn't have any factory lights, but I found a company that makes solar LED's that fit on top of the factory bumpers!

I just shot a few quick cell phone pics, but the MFG liked them so much, they are going to include them on their website. I just like not falling in the lake in the dark. And no, my Morgan Diet should not be to blame for falling in.
Ummm... Links price info what the what, you should know better by now!

Neighbor has a Floe, and those would make a great Christmas present, those look really nice, almost OEM!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Beautiful day out on the Lake, well as viewed from the slip.

View attachment 164225

Chased down a leak on the boat today. Ruled out lake water last week as I noticed water in the bilge after filling the domestic water tanks. I fixed a small drip from the hot water heater outlet fitting at the tank, but the leak persisted. After checking and ruling out the tanks and pump/manifold, I took apart the starboard cabin seating and found the leak at a T in the supply to the hot water heater. It ended up being a loose hose clamp. Easy fix.

View attachment 164226

Cleaned out the bilge while it was all apart.

View attachment 164227

I put it all back together, looked up on deck an found Willow enjoying the bow pad.

View attachment 164229
If it were me, I'd change the T, the clamp, and the hose. Clamps can come loose for a number of reasons. The hose is hardening and has started to shrink, the clamp is losing it's ability to hold torque, or the T is deteriorating. Just my experience from working on Cummins Diesel/Hybrid buses. I bet if you look at the clamp, the strap is stretched. Note: You already have multiple clamps on there...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just waiting out the “dry” time after coming from Lake Powell…. I pulled everything out of the boat, turned up the water heater to 140*, rinsed / flushed everything including cup holders and rod holders with 140* water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Utah does it for 10 seconds with 140* water to kill off any viligers / quagga larvae. The NPS did not want to decon my boat so I did it myself once I got home.

Also lot’s of wax on / wax off and she is shining like a new dime!

No Priorities

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just bought our boat in September. Whew it was a long summer without one! Bought it on a Friday, hit the water on the following Sunday. I've been out once more by myself. We do the work/sport schedules too and our friends really helped us out with the fiberglass fever this summer.(They took us along on their boats)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it were me, I'd change the T, the clamp, and the hose. Clamps can come loose for a number of reasons. The hose is hardening and has started to shrink, the clamp is losing it's ability to hold torque, or the T is deteriorating. Just my experience from working on Cummins Diesel/Hybrid buses. I bet if you look at the clamp, the strap is stretched. Note: You already have multiple clamps on there...
If it happens again there, I will. The water hose runs under the grid and thru limber holes and is a PITA to swap out. The hose was not brittle, the T was fine and the clamps did not strip out while tightening. The connection that leaked had only one clamp on it. It is standard practice to double up on clamps, opposing alignment directions, on all thru hull connections as well as domestic water connections. The hose clamp tightened just fine and I added another clamp to that connection.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ummm... Links price info what the what, you should know better by now!

Neighbor has a Floe, and those would make a great Christmas present, those look really nice, almost OEM!
Solar Bumper Light for FLOE Dock Bumpers - LL-SDL-FLOE-W buy online for 44.95 at lakelite

Ya, they are not the cheapest, but do look nice and as factory as it could get. I started with four and will see how it lights up. I bought two more as a gift for a buddy. If anything, it's a starter set.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I put my boat away and now next weekend looks like almost 80 and dry. 🤦‍♂️ Good thing I got internet buddies to bum a boat ride.:winkingthumbsup" Don’t get me wrong I love the weather but I have never seen a fall like this in WI, or at least since owning my first Yamaha boat (since 2012).

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put my boat away and now next weekend looks like almost 80 and dry. 🤦‍♂️ Good thing I got internet buddies to bum a boat ride.:winkingthumbsup" Don’t get me wrong I love the weather but I have never seen a fall like this in WI, or at least since owning my first Yamaha boat (since 2012).
My wife wants me to put ours away after the Peoria run next weekend but I might just have to drag my feet a week or two. The weather doesn’t look like we’re going to get the big chill for quite a while here in N Illinois.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Temps are in the mid-70’s and the humidity is high which would be great for being in the water but there’s pop up storms all around so we’re at a trampoline park/kids zone. Trampolines, hamster balls, rope course, climbing walls, laser tag & more.
91879457-83A3-4E03-970B-AB120F374FF5.jpeg