• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to college in the UP, it's crazy how many more miles you can get on a sled in the UP than Minnesota or Wisconsin. Wider, straighter trails with fewer towns to slow you down can really increase your mileage. If you get up early enough, you can get 100 miles before stopping for lunch.

Our favorite run is Houghton to Copper Harbor. We like to leave at 6:30am, and put on 90 miles before breakfast! At that time of day, the trails are groomed, setup, flat and fast. Triple digits on the dreamometer, and dodging bambis with nothing but eggs and bacon on my mind as we roll into Copper full of adrenaline!!

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
32 and snowing at the moment, next week is fun in the snow with my other Yamaha in Upstate NY.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently 24°, and a chance of snow... But I see a warm up happening and the first 60°+ degree day since October probably.... so nice!
Screenshot_20190314-075538_WeatherBug.jpg

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
450 in 4 days on a sled is no joke...
Wife and I do several thousand a year and much boondocking up in Da Yoop! Last weekend we did 400 miles... ON SATURDAY! Munising to Hoop N Hollar on Lake Gogebic and back! Sunday was boondocking day, we rode Lake Superior and hit the Grand Island Ice Caves!

Absolutely amazing year!!
Resized_20190310_110933_3132.jpeg20190310_111354.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had some very decent days to boat or jetski, but i have way too many projects on the burner right now.

Started with bumping out the upper part of my deck 4 feet by 12 feet to add my outdoor kitchen.
20190202_161947.jpg
20190221_171422.jpg

Next build a retaining wall so that i can level out the space for the larger pool
20190310_171719.jpg
Tomorrow 11 yards of topsoil comes in for fill to finish the area for the pool, then the rest of the dirt is for repairs in other areas of my property.
Then assemble the pool by Sunday. After pool is done i am extending the deck to go around the pool slightly. (Not sure how far yet)

Then clear the chunked firewood scattered all over my property.

Seems neverending

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scanning the forecast daily waiting for those freak 70° days in April to show up... nothin!

It was nice of FB to remind me of the anniversary of my maiden voyage 3 years ago though.

FB_IMG_1554432734276.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
April was a bust... a few random 70's bit nothing that worked with my schedule. Couldn't hey out of yardwork this last weekend but, this weekend is looking good enough for me.
Screenshot_20190429-193724_WeatherBug.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m out 1 or 2 times a week with the boat here in NY. But last weekend was rain and this week is rain through the weekend.. I’m going to take the Superjet out Saturday and hope for good surf that I can roll the ski. Doesn’t matter that it rains!

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The ice finally left the lake yesterday! So this weekend I have to build the stairs between the two platforms I built last year, then next weekend I have to build the stairs between the lower platform and the lake, and if I have time get the pier in. (I assembled the pier sections the past two weekends, so they are ready to go.) Then I have to have the company I bought the boat lift from, put the lift in, then I have to pick up the boat from our storage unit, and after that I'll have no excuses! I'm hoping to be ready to go by May 19, but depending on how everything goes, it may have to wait until Memorial Day Weekend.

I may wait to build the hand/guard rails on the stair sections, but once we can access the lake without traversing a 25 foot steep hill, I won't care as much, I can do the rails in the mornings over the next few weekends. I also need/want to install some landscape lighting for the path and stairs down to the lake, but that may wait until the fall. Right now my number one goal is to get easy access to our lake!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ice finally left the lake yesterday! So this weekend I have to build the stairs between the two platforms I built last year, then next weekend I have to build the stairs between the lower platform and the lake, and if I have time get the pier in. (I assembled the pier sections the past two weekends, so they are ready to go.) Then I have to have the company I bought the boat lift from, put the lift in, then I have to pick up the boat from our storage unit, and after that I'll have no excuses! I'm hoping to be ready to go by May 19, but depending on how everything goes, it may have to wait until Memorial Day Weekend.

I may wait to build the hand/guard rails on the stair sections, but once we can access the lake without traversing a 25 foot steep hill, I won't care as much, I can do the rails in the mornings over the next few weekends. I also need/want to install some landscape lighting for the path and stairs down to the lake, but that may wait until the fall. Right now my number one goal is to get easy access to our lake!
Ugh! Sounds like work... but it sounds like your putting in the effort to get the reward. I would LOVE a home with lakefront access, unfortunately that doesn't really exist on any of the boating lakes in Utah... The one exception is the Utah half of Bear Lake. #goals

My wife says I can't go to Lake Powell until I get the kitchen cabinets built and installed... it's in the works anyway.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ugh! Sounds like work... but it sounds like your putting in the effort to get the reward. I would LOVE a home with lakefront access, unfortunately that doesn't really exist on any of the boating lakes in Utah... The one exception is the Utah half of Bear Lake. #goals

My wife says I can't go to Lake Powell until I get the kitchen cabinets built and installed... it's in the works anyway.
It is, we just bought the place last July, we've already done quite a bit of work, but once the stairs get done, and we get the boat in the water, everything else is put off until fall. And the stairs are a one time deal, so once they're done, I don't have to worry about them again. It's a small place in northern Wisconsin, but it's perfect for the two of us!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saturday would have been the best day, but the wife was intent on finishing planting her mother's (our neighbor) yard... I just want 2-3 hours on the water. It's May and I can see boats on the water from my house... it's killing me!
b6a5916s65621.jpg

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Between weather, my son's high school baseball season and the fact that the boat is 2 hours away, I haven't been able to get the boat in the water. Hoping to get her in the water this weekend, but the weather isn't promising.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
August 19, 2018 - May 12, 2019 (266 days)
My "dry streak" has ended.
received_352073075442744-01.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So i don't remember the last day of boating...
I know there was snow.
And now there is always rain.
Hopefully soon or i will need to visit the SIL in Florida.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Stairs down to the lake are 98% finished (the railings are another story, but you don't need railings to get down to the lake!) and half the pier is in! Next weekend I hope to finish the stairs (again,the railings are another story, they'll be done...by next winter) and install the last three sections of pier! Gotta call the boat lift place today and see if they can deliver and install the boat lift this weekend, pulling the boat out of storage on Friday, hope to have it on it's lift before we leave on Sunday!