• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is my why, the high for the day is the average low! Oh and we've had rain damn near everyday!

View attachment 94781 View attachment 94782
Experiencing the same situation here, minus all the flooding thankfully. Utah Lake is typically where they send all of the leftovers after the upper reservoirs are full. It's currently higher than its been in the past 9 years, at just 1.5 ft below full and I'm sitting here looking at fresh snow and 90% of the runoff still to come down. Reservoirs are at 85% & 95%... where's it all going to go?

Looks like it's going to hit hear first and heading your way.
Screenshot_20190521-125047_WeatherBug.jpgScreenshot_20190521-125015_WeatherBug.jpg
The extended forecast is looking much warmer and drier. Hopefully we see the pattern change.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Venting... After months of searching I finally found a 2011 Yamaha sx210 at the right price. On May 4th I put a deposit on it pending a water trial. The dealer needed some time to detail it and reupholster some of the seats but we would be ready for Memorial day weekend... I can handle that. The Mississippi river in St. Louis was flooding anyhow... Well the water is still too high to get to a ramp and it doesn't look like I will be boating this weekend. :mad: Our short boating season is getting shorter. In the meantime I think I have read every thread on this forum. Please keep the content flowing.
Just curious if that boat would happen to be blue with some yellow vinyl wrap on it, and an aftermarket tower?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Venting... After months of searching I finally found a 2011 Yamaha sx210 at the right price. On May 4th I put a deposit on it pending a water trial. The dealer needed some time to detail it and reupholster some of the seats but we would be ready for Memorial day weekend... I can handle that. The Mississippi river in St. Louis was flooding anyhow... Well the water is still too high to get to a ramp and it doesn't look like I will be boating this weekend. :mad: Our short boating season is getting shorter. In the meantime I think I have read every thread on this forum. Please keep the content flowing.
Remember there are a ton of lakes around. LOTO, Mark Twain, Lake Shelbyville Ill., Rend lake.....etc.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Remember there are a ton of lakes around. LOTO, Mark Twain, Lake Shelbyville Ill., Rend lake.....etc.
A couple of us are hoping to be on Lake Yeager in Litchfield IL, if the rain holds off. Only an hour from STL.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A couple of us are hoping to be on Lake Yeager in Litchfield IL, if the rain holds off. Only an hour from STL.
This weekend is our other Yamaha weekend. Atv and side by sides.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bull Shoals Lake!
Can’t wait for the weekend.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I missed a perfect day to be on the water today. For some unknown reason, my daughter thought it would be a good idea to grow up and graduate.

20190521_203623.jpg

I hate to think of her growing up, but I know she'll do great things in the future. And I hate to brag but I'm just so proud, she got a full ride including housing and fees to nursing school. So I don't have to sell my boat!

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was on the boat doing work, does that count? Got my seats back from my upholsterer, he hadnt started in the 2 months he had them. So now we need to remove the ink pen he uxed to mark them, but at least we will hopefully be back together for the holiday weekend!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have been waiting for Mother Nature to bless us in MN with some decent weather since the ice went off. I guess this holiday weekend is not going to be it either.

Mem day holiday.jpg

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Won't be on the water till Sunday, who schedules a wedding on Memorial Weekend???

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Won't be on the water till Sunday, who schedules a wedding on Memorial Weekend???
Lots of people, believe it or not. We turned down 4 events for this weekend.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You all just go ahead and enjoy. Some years I don't know why I even own a boat.
If it isn't nice in March (like this year, the year of rain) then I am too busy until after 4th of July.
That leaves the Shelbyville trip, one camping trip with my family in September, and then the kids are back in school already anyways and boating is done. BAH! Maybe I should just plan another Bimini run. At least my short lived boating time will be amazing.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boat lift is in, if the rain holds off, the boat will be parked on it by noon today!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's raining to beat Hell in Fargo! BTW, Costco fuel opens at 6am. And you can beat the holiday crowd to save $.30/gallon. Yes please!!!

Well, 71 gallons of fun are heading to our lake after work today. We will see how that works out!

5-24-19 Memorial Weekend Prep.jpg

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All this beautiful warm weather gave me a head cold... I feel like crap and all I want to do is go out and play. Poor me...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
All this beautiful warm weather gave me a head cold... I feel like crap and all I want to do is go out and play. Poor me...
I feel your pain. This is what I see out my window...no boat. We're boatless for the next few weeks. Very sad. :arghh: :(

IMG_0658.JPG

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I needed to deep clean upholstery. Spent roughly 2 hours on interior. Used weather tech cleaning products. Finished job by applying leather and vinyl conditioner to seats.

Attachments