• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After forfeiting a month of boating to end this this season I thought of creating this thread as a place to vent about why you weren't out jetting thru the water. Perhaps it's for a good reason or perhaps the world is conspiring against you? Were you to busy driving a Bugatti Chiron? Volunteering at a animal shelter? Was mother nature mocking you? Your spouse being a... "uncool person"? Let's hear it/see it.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As for myself: My reasons are probably pretty lame, it just wasn't how I was anticipating ending my season. Week after week has slipped by with temps unseasonably warm and week after week the boat sits parked in the driveway.

Labor day - Sick kid
Following week - Spouse was "too worn out after going to the gym daily each day that week :bawling:(perfect conditions... :muted:)
Following week - Heavy winds
Following week - More wind
Following week - Wife didn't wanna go (perfect conditions)
This coming weekend - temps in the 80's again (probably for the last time this year), but every time I look at the forecast there's heavier winds predicted... It's over for the season, I give up!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The reason we haven't been out is the combination of football season and cruddy weather on the weekends. Our daughter is on the varsity drill team for her high school so we are at every varsity football game which is usually on Friday night. Got plans to go this weekend because of cooler temps and a small chance of rain. Definitely looking forward to it. Next weekend football has a by week so we hope to go then too if I don't end up having to work. Fortunately we can go boating almost year round on our Sea Ray since we have an enclosure. So my symptoms of boating withdrawal aren't as bad as they used to be. o_O:rolleyes:

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Most of August, Lady friend had a broken foot. And the one time we attempt to go anyway (and her stay dry on boat) the kiddo pukes all over in the backseat of the truck, not more than 20 minutes into the drive to the lake. Sometimes its just not meant to be. LOL

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We I have 2 kids in the house and 1 in college. 2 are busy with football (1 college and 1 high school), the other is also busy with Junior high football as a cheerleader. So that's football Thursday, Friday , and Saturday. Sunday is my only day to get out and with the rain that we have had every weekend it sucks. More rain today and 56 degrees, I am sure the lake is a bit chilly now. Oh yeah I am getting old too. I dislocated my hip jumping off the boat on to pavement a 2 months ago, but I tuffed it out until football started. LOL

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes its just not meant to be. LOL
Definitely a fact. I had been planning our labor day outing for a while. We were going to leave the 1 year old with grandma... and if course the day before he pukes multiple times. We decide it would be cruel to leave him with my mother-in-law all the next day with that going on. Of course, as fate would have it, because we stayed home he was fine all day... :meh:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We actually did get to go to the river last weekend but here is why we will not have any more time on the water. Oldest daughter is in marching band so every football game on Friday nights ( home) and marching band competition on the weekends. When we are not doing that we are in the latter beginning stages of building the new house and boat/campertel. I am ok with the last part because that means covered storage for the toys!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ve not been out because I don’t have my boat yet. Put a deposit on a 2018 that I’ll be picking up next spring. 6 months and counting...

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been going almost every weekend, but this past weekend the Red Tide was visible (floating dead fish), which may affect future boating until reports of the Red Tide have decreased.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still boating! The only good thing about the end of the season after labor day is the lake empties out! I usually go till mid October!

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve not been out because I don’t have my boat yet. Put a deposit on a 2018 that I’ll be picking up next spring. 6 months and counting...
Congrats on your purchase! Sucks you have to wait that long. I waited 3 months and that was to long.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After forfeiting a month of boating to end this this season I thought of creating this thread as a place to vent about why you weren't out jetting thru the water. Perhaps it's for a good reason or perhaps the world is conspiring against you? Were you to busy driving a Bugatti Chiron? Volunteering at a animal shelter? Was mother nature mocking you? Your spouse being a... "uncool person"? Let's hear it/see it.
Great thread. We have four kids and boating is one of the only recreational activities that ALL of us can (almost) always agree upon. That says a lot, in the time of social media invasion of our lives - boating is like an island of sanity!
Sadly, we too experience obstacles, some predictable, some not. I can usually work around the different schedules, have had my daughters' swim/band/girls scouts teams on my boat on half-day school days etc., but there is no way around broken bones and such... Sometimes one just needs to throw in the towel.

I do boat in the cold months, even alone if no one wants to come with me. Keeps me sane!

--

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not boating because of a 4-letter word:

W O R K!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of reasons:

Trying to finish our garage rebuild so the boat would fit - a complete tear-down and rebuild.
Cooler weather
My daughter that loves to boat and surf and wakeboard worked all summer and is now back at college
Football season - I'm a referee and I work games 5 days a week, have meetings on one of the days I don't work
College Basketball - that's right it started two weeks ago for me, mandatory meetings, study groups and scrimmages

From this
Garage Original.jpg

To this:
Garage New.jpg

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This has been an off year for us, mainly because we bought a lake house in northern Wisconsin. Seems counter-intuitive that we would be out on the boat less, but we closed on it in the middle of July. The house doesn't currently have stairs down to the lake, a dock, boat lift, etc. We spent more time, clearing trees for a path/stair down to the lake, building landings, stairs, fixing up the interior, etc.

I'm hoping to have most of the stairs/path built before the snow falls and the ground freezes. This winter I plan to build the dock sections, continue working on the interior. Next spring, I'll get a boat lift, have a garage/pole barn built. THEN it's off to the races, if we don't get out on the boat more next year, then I give up. But given, all we have to do is walk down to the lake, lower the boat, and we're on a 5 lake chain of lakes versus getting the boat ready, towing it 5 miles, launching it, etc. I figure we'll have more hours on by 4th of July than most other total previous years!

That being said, I've been up north every weekend since the end of June, something like 13 in a row. This coming weekend will be the first weekend we aren't going up north. We were out on the boat both days a couple of weekends ago, less traffic after Labor Day, and the weather was in the upper 80's, nearly perfect! Even before we put an offer it, my wife and I discussed the fact that we would probably spend less time on the boat this year, but it the long run it would be better, and we'd more than make up for it in coming years!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rain, flooding, selling a house, hit deer with tow vehicle, summer now over.

Made it out twice this summer :(

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After bimini our boating has tanked... alot of that was swapping ecus... then swapping the loaner back after mine was repaired only to swap the loaner into the other side once that ecu went down... been out three times... the 2nd time the other ecu went out. Boat is ready to go out with the repaired ecu and the loaner ecu but pur schedules suck. Plus working extra doesnt help. I would like to get out a few mire times before the end of the year but right now everything in nc has been flooded. No telling when it gets back to normal.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've only been out twice this year! :mad:
I spent every weekend until July painting and fixing up our house to get it on the Market. Then I had a minor stroke! I was cleared to do any activities but we had so much rain, and so much else going on that I couldn't get out. End of August had a surgery to fix the stroke problem, and was not allowed to get near lake/river water for fear of infection... and now it's raining again. I give up, taking the boat to storage in a week or two.:(

Last edited: