• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This has been a very abnormal boating season for us. We did go out for a ride in April on a warm day, but the lake had a lot of debris which caught in one of the impellers.

The second season-altering factor was we booked our 8 year old sun into a few summer events like a ranger camp and sports. That kept us from our usual weekday beach and boat days. Finally July rolled around and we did get out four times. But...

The Carr fire began to sweep East to West toward Redding. The fire started at the east end of Wiskeytown Lake and eventually burned 360 degrees around the lake, ruining one of the most beautiful places in the area. The smoke from the huge fire kept us indoors for six weeks, wearing masks when we went out even to mow the lawn.

Finally the air is clear - in September toward the end of the beach and boating season. We managed to go boating just six times, normal is 10 to 15 times.

Yesterday I had to install the anti-pooling poles because the weather forecast indicates possible rain this weekend. My rain gauge has been dry for months.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat's got a big ol hole in the bottom of it.

This season was pretty short. Didn't get warm here until almost mid-June, then it seemed to rain almost every weekend for a month, then boat got damaged at end of August. Fall seemed to arrive a little early, haven't actually missed many boatworthy days since it went down.

Did put 40 hours on it, and probably 5x that in float time.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat's got a big ol hole in the bottom of it.

This season was pretty short. Didn't get warm here until almost mid-June, then it seemed to rain almost every weekend for a month, then boat got damaged at end of August. Fall seemed to arrive a little early, haven't actually missed many boatworthy days since it went down.

Did put 40 hours on it, and probably 5x that in float time.
I would have been glad to have that kind of summer this year.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
THE BAD: Lost 8 weeks due to engine failure, one week to clean boat from oil in bilge, one week tinkering with rudder and realizing bushings and snap ring on national back order before I installed original worn bushings while waiting for parts.
THE GOOD: been on the boat atleast 2-3 days a week. Boat works as it should. Less lake traffic since school started, now have year round slip and will use boat further into fall/ winter.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We experienced the “kids got shit to do on th weekends” this summer AND never took off work during the week like we promised ourselves we would.

One week in Norris and 3 family trips is all we got out. However we got out quite a few times on a friends boat as it was just easier to tag along (logistically).

Call it a wash but deft didn’t get our boats worth for the price of the slip.

Better luck next season!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rained like 11 weekends over this Summer. Got the boat out of the slip a whopping 4 times! Heartbreaking!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't been on the boat in over a month! :(

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Always remember... better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!! At least that’s what lets me sleep at night.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spring was extra-cool. The weather was just crap.
By the time the weather got nice it was time to prep for the daughter's graduation.
Daughter's Graduation.
Trips to visit my family and my Wife's family.
Prep for Daughter's move to Lexington KY to attend U.K. (Move in day was Aug 18)
Move Daughter to Lexington
Home repair
Auto repair
More home repair
More auto repair.

Managed one outing - one of Katie's last Saturdays at home we went out on Lake Winnebago and watched the Airventure Air Show from the lake. That's always my favorite outing of the year so at least we managed that. As a bonus, we took her boyfriend along and he enjoyed himself immensely. He stepped on the boat and said "Holy cow. I've been on Lake Michigan in smaller boats than this!" He's a keeper.

Now the temps are cooling off and it's time to start thinking about prepping for Fall/Winter.
My Lateral Thrusters are still in their box and probably will be until next spring.

Katie managed a ride as far as Illinois so the Wife is going to go pick her up on Friday. It will be her first time home since mid-August.
The following weekend I'm taking the boys Up North to close up Mom's cottage.
After that it will be time to stow the boat in the back of the storage unit, stick the (unused) sailboat in front of it, and squeeze the utility trailer in. This will allow me to park my vehicles in the garage by my drop-dead date of 10/31. I HATE scraping windows.

So unless there is some sort of miracle warm weather in October (AND we get over the cold bugs going through the house) this will be the one-and-done season.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This summer started late for us, due to weather. We been out on the boat a total of 6 times this season, and it has been raining for last 4 weekends...... plan is to boat till mid October at least, but just saw the weather news and looks like we getting a cold front by Friday night.....

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You all have made me feel a little bit better about how my season has played out... I'm not the only one whose missed out on some boating. For the most part it has been good. We started off well, we just seem to be finishing weak. On the scale of complaints many of you have had it worse... health, fires, hurricanes, floods, mechanical issues, hull damage, work and school schedules, toxic algea blooms (I didn't mention our most accessible lake (Utah Lake) has had a warning cautioning against swimming and exposure for the last 3 months, it SUCKS!). Anyway, I hope the best for all of you as you finish out the season. For those of you who are still get to play, I'm EXTREMELY envious... you make me want to reevaluate my life choices, lol!

I'm already planning on a epic 2019 season, you should too!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This summer started late for us, due to weather. We been out on the boat a total of 6 times this season, and it has been raining for last 4 weekends...... plan is to boat till mid October at least, but just saw the weather news and looks like we getting a cold front by Friday night.....
Man, I need to quit watching the weather. I've haunted my 2 weather apps for weeks watching the 80+ degree weekend's drift by all month. I'm looking at what's probably the last 80 degree weekend of the year now and I see 13mph winds all afternoon Saturday, working it's way up to 18mph by Sunday... I don't think the wife is going to be down with a 1.5 hour drive for anything less than ideal conditions. :( That's why I'm consigning myself to the fact we're done for the season.

I'm hoping the best for you @Crlos16!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't made it out much either because of the river conditions. Here's a snapshot of our river right now, it seems like it's been like this all summer.
Our river is so fast and high now that it's too dangerous for me to get our SeaDoos from the marina so I can winterize them.
We also bought a townhome at one of our local ski resorts so we are spending time there making some changes.

The triangles represent normal flow.

Can we close this thread, it's depressing.

flow.PNG level.PNG

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear everyone on the kids sports, etc. The days of football with practice starting in the summer, etc. My two kids are in college now so I am down to Lacrosse games on weekends and that is mainly in the Spring except for a few fall intersquads, etc like the month of October.

This summer started out great with the boat. Quite a few weekend runs up until my catastrophic run in early August. I dismantled the one engine that overheated and it has been out for boring and a new top end kit build since then.... I took the time to have the intermediate bearing replaced so I shouldn't have a leak anymore and I have new impeller liners. Here is where I am with the boat right now... Lot's of pieces

image1.jpeg

For me, boating required the wife or kids to be available to go which we all know how this can take a turn. I have filled in the time by visiting the water a lot and while I have 15 engine hours on my boat this summer, I have over 5000 miles on my asphalt substitute. Loving the recreation of the new Yamaha

image2 (1).jpeg

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
worst boating season we've had. but ended well. Only had 6 trips during the summer. Last year it was 15 plus. Iv'e been in a crap mood.

this was mostly due to starting coaching club soccer. 3 days a week, and most weekends. wife works every other weekend...but has every Tuesday off. So i take them as vaca. 5 out of 8 possible, we ended up having something to do. Dr. ...Dentist... or weather screwed us. Then, the mississippi flooded. :/

So, to do away with the negative vibes, we planned a late Ozarks 4 day trip last weekend. TUrned out we timed it perfectly. The weather just started to cool, but stayed mid-high 70's... and we boated our faces off. also rented a waverunner, now I have to have one. :) GLORIOUS weekend.

Now, The midwest fall chill is here, so calming down....and looking forward to next year.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hear everyone on the kids sports, etc. The days of football with practice starting in the summer, etc. My two kids are in college now so I am down to Lacrosse games on weekends and that is mainly in the Spring except for a few fall intersquads, etc like the month of October.

This summer started out great with the boat. Quite a few weekend runs up until my catastrophic run in early August. I dismantled the one engine that overheated and it has been out for boring and a new top end kit build since then.... I took the time to have the intermediate bearing replaced so I shouldn't have a leak anymore and I have new impeller liners. Here is where I am with the boat right now... Lot's of pieces

View attachment 83766

For me, boating required the wife or kids to be available to go which we all know how this can take a turn. I have filled in the time by visiting the water a lot and while I have 15 engine hours on my boat this summer, I have over 5000 miles on my asphalt substitute. Loving the recreation of the new Yamaha

View attachment 83768
two wheels is definitely therapeutic.... I even bought my son full gear so we could take my bike to soccer. Takes the sting out of always being busy.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hit deer with tow vehicle,
Sooo... I'm hearing that you got to start deer hunting a little early this year.
NICE! :winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I guess I shouldn't complain though....we had a flat calm Bimini crossing and a whole week of AWESOME weather there....that makes up for the lack of boating the remainder of the season!!!!

I just keep looking at this photo and smiling......