• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why does this make me nervous?

Philippe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do realize these are not dedicated "surf" boats, If I wanted a total wake boat, I would have gone with a Super air Nautique or Malibu or something along that line. I do however, expect (with the addition of the booster and ballast) to be able to surf behind my boat. Not like a dedicated wake boat but just enough to have fun with it. That's all I'm looking for.
I understand the connext is an issue maker for some and I hope Yamaha figures it out. I just get super nervous that a 242X wasn't throwing a "surf" wake and I'm expecting my 212X to do it? Then again, I'm probably overthinking all this.
I have a 2018 212X. I watch a lot of video and spoke with people to understand how it works. These days all the new boat are GPS assit but not our 212x We are old fashion but when you catch how to drive the boat and how to surf thats so Cool.

If I remember i put my throttle at 5000rpm to pull the surfer and trim my throttle to be arround 11MPH. You fine adjust the wave with the cruise control. I had never surf before last summer and my wife had never drive a boat. but here is me in the middle of summer as my wife are driving the boat with only a passenger (10 years old daughter): Sorry for the quality (dont know why YouTube downgrade it)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2018 212X. I watch a lot of video and spoke with people to understand how it works. These days all the new boat are GPS assit but not our 212x We are old fashion but when you catch how to drive the boat and how to surf thats so Cool.

If I remember i put my throttle at 5000rpm to pull the surfer and trim my throttle to be arround 11MPH. You fine adjust the wave with the cruise control. I had never surf before last summer and my wife had never drive a boat. but here is me in the middle of summer as my wife are driving the boat with only a passenger (10 years old daughter): Sorry for the quality (dont know why YouTube downgrade it)
That's all I'm looking for my man, just to have a little fun. Thanks

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just found this online. I'm getting excited to figure it all out and try to dial it in for my needs. This show's how to actually get into the system so you can tune it in later. Nice!

Philippe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just found this online. I'm getting excited to figure it all out and try to dial it in for my needs. This show's how to actually get into the system so you can tune it in later. Nice!
This is a 242x video with a Ethrottle. The 212X have not the same software and don't have the ethrottle.
You can't dial the speed on the connext. You can't rename the profile.

You only can set 6 ballast profil but can't rename it. The good info star around 2:40 to 3:00
Here is exactly the 212X connext for the 2018:

But you have the 2019 with the new connext so We are Waiting from your review :)

Last edited:

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is a 242x video with a Ethrottle. The 212X have not the same software and don't have the ethrottle.
You can't dial the speed on the connext. You can't rename the profile.

You only can set 6 ballast profil but can't rename it. The good info star around 2:40 to 3:00
Here is exactly the 212X connext for the 2018:

But you have the 2019 with the new connext so We are Waiting from your review :)
Lol. You are correct on all fronts my friend. Thanks for the vid, and yes, I will do a video once I figure out the 2019 connext on that boat.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What's new in 2019 for connext? Thought there was no change

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The 2019 got some of the 242 upgrades on the connext. Not all, but the layout and some other goodies.