• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Why I finally updated my User Profile.....

@OperationROL & @OperationROL's Wife. I can't think of a better reason to update your user profile. Great looking boat. I hope you have many years of trouble free pleasure with it.

Congrats @OperationROL and @OperationROL's Wife !!!!! I can't wait to see this bad boy and see what the future has in store for it! Many years of memories I am sure.

Sweet ride !!!!! I can't wait to see it in person !!!

Congrats N & A! I'm dropping my girls at O'Hare on Saturday. If I had more time, I'd swing by and check out the boat! I'm sure by the next Shelbyville gathering you'll have some white WetSounds tower speakers on there like the Yamaha ads:)

Beautiful boat!! How are the seats in the boat, specifically the captains seat? Does it seem better built? How is the bolster, did they improve that as well?

I assume this boat is going to have a cool ballast build thread? While we in Portland I was crawling all over a 2015 and seen there is a vapor canister right where we would put a ballast bag. Kind of had a sick feeling in my stomach....lol.

Congrats on the new boat @OperationROL . If we were buying a boat today, that would be the color we'd pick. Absolutely beautiful. Let's hope your winter goes by quickly.

Congrats on the new boat. I can't think of a better reason to update your user profile.

I love the look of that boat! Congratulations to you and your wife...:winkingthumbsup"

Here are a few issues I have:
(I am hoping @Williamsone46, @Ziess21 , @Charles and others with 240/242 's will be able to help with)

One of my wet storage compartment doors does not latch as well as the other.

---I've noticed that the latches may not be the best style for the application but it looks like they can be adjusted to move closer together.

My bow docking lights do not currently work. As a matter of fact, the button to turn it on from within Connext, does not display, but I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down in a few weeks after I am done for the season.

---Depending on when your boat was manufactured it could be part of the Connext SPU Recall. I'm not entirely sure if that would cause it but they won't tell us why the boxes are being replaced...

The tower LEDs do not currently work, but again, I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down as well.
---SPU?

I am unsure how NoWake mode and Cruise assist really are suppose to work. I found a couple times I was trying to take the boat out of NoWake mode and couldn't. I just kept pressing the minus sign to reduce speed.
---Hit Cancel or bump the throttles a bit.

The boat buckles work a little different from the ones I had on my last trailer. I don't like these as much as the last ones. I will get use to them though.
---I'm not a big fan of these particular straps, they don't seem to recoil very well.

When turning the key (ignition) to the off position, the bow navigation light and the anchor lights turned off as well. If I pressed the lights button while it was off, the connext system did turn on and the nav lights could be turned back on. That was not expected behavior. If I stop the boat and want to anchor and hang out, the lights should not go out and then force me to turn them back on.
---Is what it is unfortunately.

And the number 1 issue......It only ran 44 MPH. Hopefully that was a factor of the strong winds that blew in by the time we could open her up or the engines need a little more breaking in.
- Bimini top up or down? I've officially hit 49mph but that was just me and a 1/4 tank of fuel, bimini down.

Beautiful Boat, Congratulations!

How does the size of the head compartment compare to your old 230?

Congrats N & A! I'm dropping my girls at O'Hare on Saturday. If I had more time, I'd swing by and check out the boat! I'm sure by the next Shelbyville gathering you'll have some white WetSounds tower speakers on there like the Yamaha ads:)
Ah man. That would have been delightful! As far as the white wetsounds..........;)

Beautiful boat!! How are the seats in the boat, specifically the captains seat? Does it seem better built? How is the bolster, did they improve that as well?
Seats are a dream. They really feel locked in like you are in a race car or cockpit of a plane. They feel like quality and the bolster is the kind that flips up and slides back, so the top of the bolster is what you sit on when it is down or up, as opposed to the one in the SX230, which you were sitting on the forward edge when it was flipped up. The firstmate seat is exactly the same except no bolster.

I assume this boat is going to have a cool ballast build thread? While we in Portland I was crawling all over a 2015 and seen there is a vapor canister right where we would put a ballast bag. Kind of had a sick feeling in my stomach....lol.
Yeah. I am sick about how they placed the fresh water tank, the batteries and the vapor canister. I will have to really think though how to add ballast to this boat. On the other hand, it seems like it will be easier to plumb in the inlets based on accessibility from the clean out tray.

Last edited:
Yeah. I am sick about how they places the fresh water tank, the batteries and the vapor canister. I will have to really think though how to add ballast to this boat. On the other hand, it seems like it will be easier to plumb in the inlets based on accessibility from the clean out tray.
All about relocation :) just a winter project :)

@Ziess21 ,Thanks for the answers. My dealer is working on Yamaha now to figure out the SPU thing. I watched the video last night and now understand, totally, how to use the no wake in these boats. Should have done that first.

Last edited:
Beautiful Boat, Congratulations!

How does the size of the head compartment compare to your old 230?
Size of the head is a a bit larger and deeper. I like the seperation (shelf) they did to better store the cushions that are not being used.

If you don't want to pay for storage I don't mind storing it for you in warm NC. No winterizing needed and I will take it out at least once every other week to make sure the gas doesn't gel up in it. All free of charge.

Back