• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will 23ft Yamaha fit in garage?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi there @Vedner19 ! Great having you here with all of us !

I went to a great deal of trouble (for you), and I have scientifically determined, to an accuracy of 1/64" of an inch, that your boat will NOT fit in your garage.

H-O-W-E-V-E-R .....I have an "extended" garage and am hereby offering for you to store your boat - FOR FREE ! - in my garage - whereupon it will be perfectly "taken care of" as well as being "exercised" on a daily basis.

An offer hard to do anything with but accept, I know. I remain, yours truly in service to only YOU, Son !, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Lol @MikeyL!!! @scot71 do you have the folding tongue? Im assuming the 27' measurement would be without the tongue folded?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol @MikeyL!!! @scot71 do you have the folding tongue? Im assuming the 27' measurement would be without the tongue folded?
uh ........... regarding the "tongue" thing, Barbie says ............ Oh ! Never mind ! ..... LOL !

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, my trailer doesn't have the folding tongue. I would think that a folding tongue would probably save you maybe 18" or so. That's why I'm looking to build a 28' x 32' building, the boat plus the truck take up quite a bit of room.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Okay thanks scot71. I'm getting a 26 ft measurement in my garage when measuring 3 ft from the corner since the stern won't go into the corner.. Think I may have a chance..

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No problem @Vedner19. Sounds like if you get the tongue modified to fold you should have plenty of room.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jcyamaharider beautiful boat. I wonder if the 03' sr230 is the same height? I really don't want to have remove the wheels because we go out every weekend...
Thanks!!

My boat doesn't go in the garage at all during the summer, it lives under a cover in the driveway. Taking the tower off and then getting it under the door is a PITA!!

Best of luck on figuring out of the boat will fit or not. If this helps, if I had exact measurements I could draw (CAD) out your garage and boat size on the trailer to see if it is at all possible without physically having to do it.

Edit: Just checked a little bit and it looks like the SR230 has the same beam and length as my boat, still not sure on height.

Last edited:

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Okay, I bought the boat but haven't picked it up yet. Lengthwise I'm good, just not sure on the height. Does anyone with a 2003-2006 23 ft know the height of their windshield on the trailer? The boat doesn't come with a trailer and today I'm picking up a 23ft MFI Yamaha trailer that needs a little work. Don't ask me how I found the exact trailer that goes with the boat but I got lucky. I'll be installing the castor wheel on the tongue. I'm ordering all new wheels and tires for the trailer and I'm also wondering if I should go with a lower profile tire to gain an inch or so?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Vedner19 : Let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you only the Very BEST ! Great boating days ahead for you !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can try and measure for you when I get home tonight. Tell us the exact measurements you need.

I don't know how much towing you plan to do or how far it is from house to ramp, but I wouldn't recommend low profiles on a boat trailer. You want as much cushion as possible between your boat and the road. You hit a bad expansion joint or hole and you're looking at best a bent rim and worst a popped tire or two.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Almost forgot, Congrats on the new boat and finding a trailer too! Be sure to post pics when you get it all together.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats!

Do you have a seven foot garage door?

Can you put Her on the trailer as is to measure height?

Florida is pretty flat so you might be able to get away with smaller diameter tires. Doing so would make it more likely for the trailer to scrape and the ride will be a little rougher for the boat.

Depending on how she fits on the trailer you might be able to lower the bunks.

Now that you have a big boat will you be joining us for Bimini?

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Yes it's a 7 ft door. Really need the measurement to the top of the windshield at the highest point. I'll have to think about the lower profile tires some more...depends on how close I am. @Bruce , wish I could put it on the trailer but I'm not picking it up for 3 more weeks. Supposed to get the trailer tomorrow and will be starting mods to get it ready, like the folding tongue, new wheels, ect... I don't see why we wouldn't be making the trip to Bimini, she'll go now with the 23'. When's the trip?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't see why we wouldn't be making the trip to Bimini, she'll go now with the 23'. When's the trip?
The difference in handling between the LS2000 / LX210 hull and the SX230 is huge. It is much greater than just the 3 feet of length and 6 inches of width. The hull is less flat. My LX210 would skip across the waves where the 230 does a better job of cutting into them.

The Bimini trip is July 6th to 11th. The thread is at Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th. It is best to book early to avoid selling out and to get the accommodation that you want. Andy and I have information about the Island at Preparing for Bimini and the videos in BIMINI 2014 video composition collection thread are a great way to see what you can expect on the trip.

Do you have kids? We brought our 4 & 7 years olds last year. They had an amazing time and will be back again this year.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PEARCE, could you measure the gap between the keel and the trailer frame as well as the height of the top of the windshield above the floor? I can do so on my 2007 SX230 but it may be different than the prior generation.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce I plan to do it once I get home. I'm sitting and waiting at the chiropractor for my weekly adjustment now and then another 30 mins home. Like you, my boat sleeps at home. I really doubt that there is a difference though.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ill measure mine so we can compare.