• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will 23ft Yamaha fit in garage?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Ya there's a lot of them, they also have a can of glossifier if you want a shiny finish but it makes peeling it off really hard. The metallic gray and gunmetal gray looks nice too, the darker one looks the best. Here's a pic of one I had with the gray.
I like this one, is that an LX210 in cranberry on the trailer??

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those trailers and boats look great. I wonder if someone with an nongalvinized trailer could do that spray foam and plastidip treatment and it would protect it enough to not worry so much about dipping it in saltwater. I know there's at least a few guys headed to Bimini this year that have painted trailers and there's not a convenient option of lifting them off due to the July the 4th holiday. I have a painted trailer and if doing that to mine to protect it is enough to take it to the saltwater then I might do it.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Seems to work if you ask me. I've never kept a boat long enough to tell if it works for rust long term but looks better and has to help. You really won't have a problem with the salt water as long as you clean and flush it thoroughly when you get home. I like to stop at a lake on the way back and dip the whole boat trailer and wheels in the fresh water. I usually start both motors and flush them out while I'm there saving me time at home.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are gonna look sweeeet!:winkingthumbsup"

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice!!

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW!! You can't get much closer than that. Glad it fit. It sucks to have to leave it outside. :winkingthumbsup"

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congrats on the fit!!! It looks like you still have some adjustment left in that door opener to raise the door above the header.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks! It fits perfect. Only thing that was really bad was trying to turn the boat inside the garage due to the dual axles. Never had that problem with the single axle trailers. Wouldn't turn without me and my brother pushing extremely hard to turn it. Couldn't do it by myself. Does anyone know of something that has wheels or bearings that I could jack up each side of the boat and slide under both wheels that would allow me to push the boat side to side?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW. That really was close. Congrats, I am glad it worked out! It looks like you already used soap on the painted garage floor. Jacks or wheel dollies could work once you get the windshield through; but a LOT of work/cost. What about two pieces of sheet metal covering the needed travel path with grease between them?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Vedner19 These are a little pricey but I think this might head you in the right direction.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can try spreading a little play sand on the floor where the wheels are to reduce friction. Water might work if you have a painted floor.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe that a set of mechanical wheel dollies will do what you are looking for. They are easy to use. Here is one that harbor freight sells - http://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capacity-vehicle-positioning-wheel-dolly-61917.html

I do not have this particular one, but I do have the old red style ones that harbor freight used to sell and they work great! If you watch for sales, you might be able to get them even cheaper. I bought four for less than $200. I was able to push my tandem trailer sideways with ease! Highly recommend them!

Please note, that these will lift the wheels of the ground. Your clearance may not allow for it.

Great looking setup you have there!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length