• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will 23ft Yamaha fit in garage?

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Haven't really had a chance yet to see the difference between the LX210's and the 23' boats yet but excited to see here shortly. I will be doing a lot of mods so I'll post pics as I go along. We're going to look into Bimini, we have a lot going on now with moving ect. but as soon as I get a chance I will...no kids yet but she says soon. I say later. She always wins.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry guys! No measurements tonight. I just home so I'll do my best to do it tomorrow night.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I slipped as well. I had to clean up the mess a bear made with our trash can then the kids arrived for dinner.

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Vedner19, here is the owners manual for the '04 sr230, I'm sure everything is pretty much the same for the '03. It says in the specifications that the height on trailer is 83". Hope this helps.

Attachments

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks so much!!!! I just did backflips!! Should fit if it's only 6' 9". I'd be so happy if this beast could fit so I'd be able to work on it easily. I did see online it said the height was 83 inches just wasn't sure if the was on or off the trailer... I just dropped the trailer off tonight to be welded and folding tongue put on and that thing looks huge! Based on the math it should fit though, we'll see at the end of the month when we move in the new place. Thanks again! Don

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For comparison the top of the windshield on my 2007 SX230 is 92" (7' 8") above the floor.

The bottom of the bunks is 3" above the frame rail.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Correction: 6.9 inches. Which would be close to 6' 11"....gonna be close..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe that you could have a welder lower the bunk mounts and add a pad to the rear cross member to gain a few inches if needed. Doing so would make loading and unloading more precarious.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Okay got it home and believe it or not it actually fit in my current garage, but barely. The new house has a much bigger garage and it looks like I'll be fine on length. I installed a castor wheel just in case its too tall.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you take the trailer to the welder galvanized and bring it home painted? What was used for paint? Does it hold up to salt? Does it stick to galvanization?

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I took it to him galvanized and he only welded/reinforced some spots. I brought it home and completely restored everything. Still waiting on the bunk carpet, and custom wheels and then I'll post some pics. I always use plastidip on my trailers. Not sure if it adds further protection but seems as if it does. Holds up in salt. Goes on super easy. If you scrape something it touches up in a second and you can't see the touch up.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Good news!!! From what I can see of the trailer, looks like I will be plasti dipping mine. that Looks way better than raw galvanized...

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
It looks 1000 times better, doesn't look spray painted either. You'll love it. Put on about 3-4 coats and if you ever want to peel it off you can.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I also spray the waterproof expandable foam to keep the salt water out of the inside of the frame, this pic was before I trimmed the excess off.

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much did the plastidip cost? It looks great.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It comes in a wide array of colors as well correct??

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Ya there's a lot of them, they also have a can of glossifier if you want a shiny finish but it makes peeling it off really hard. The metallic gray and gunmetal gray looks nice too, the darker one looks the best. Here's a pic of one I had with the gray.

Attachments

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
The last one is the metallic gray and this one is the gunmetal.

Attachments