• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring and Battery Addition

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You would want to create a common ground by connecting House and Start Battery negatives along with all other equipment grounds. The positives of course would be wired to separately to the battery switch.
Easiest way is to use a bus bar and connect all your negative/ground wires to it. could put one bus bar back by the batteries and one at the helm if your going to be adding alot of electronics.

Clacava

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Easiest way is to use a bus bar and connect all your negative/ground wires to it. could put one bus bar back by the batteries and one at the helm if your going to be adding alot of electronics.
My blue sea add a battery is for 65 amp, will that matter that it is not a 120 amp

Clacava

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to post what I ended up doing using your install as a guide but did a few things differently.....before this I had installed a second battery with a single circuit layout (1/2/off/combine switch). I fried two connext displays for some reason, still not exactly sure why, but before I get the third screen installed I figured I should try changing something to try and avoid it. Figured I would try a dual circuit with on/off switch this time. I mounted the negative busbar on a piece of wood blocking using the bolts for the table holder (I do have a cover for the ground busbar but didn't have it on when I took the picture).

View attachment 186037View attachment 186038View attachment 186039View attachment 186041
. When I am at rest and playing the radio etc, will the acr know where to get the power from?also do I need a start isolator attached to ignition switch?

Last edited:

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
. When I am at rest and playing the radio etc, will the acr know where to get the power from?also do I need a start isolator attached to ignition switch?
The ACR is only active when it senses a charge and then combines the two batteries into one so both get charged. when engines are off, ACR is not active and batteries are independent. House battery is powering electronics. Start Battery should have no draw since engines are off (unless you would have a bilge pump or something wired to the Start Battery).

From what I can tell, most here have not used the start isolator feature.