• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring mess, need advise

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found these items dangling from the back of my switch panel, I know one is a random USB plug I have no idea what the purpose of it is, the other two I have no idea. Can you guys chime in and let me know what they are.

Attachments

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The fourth picture is a sonalert, looks just like the kind we use in aircraft. It's a tone generator for warnings

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have all of those as well ... I've read that the USB is for diagnostics and the grey is for NMEA 2000 connection but the information Yamaha makes available via NMEA is very basic.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have all of those as well ... I've read that the USB is for diagnostics and the grey is for NMEA 2000 connection but the information Yamaha makes available via NMEA is very basic.
That is what I am trying to find out, I just installed my new Garmin and I want to link my Connext to the Garmin, I just can not find any information on how to do it, and don't want to pay the dealer 100s in labor time.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been way down that nmea 4 pin road and built/programmed a custom nmea canbus interface using an Arduino and mcp chip to pick up the raw data and send to a laptop terminal. The only standard pgns that the garmin will be able to read are water temp, depth, and gps speed. All of which are more accurate from your garmin. The rest is engine data, connext stuff, etc but is all on proprietary pgns that your garmin won’t be able to read. Too bad Yahama programed it that way as the hardware is there.

As already mentioned that last photo is the alarm buzzer that wakes up the dead when you turn the keys on.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I found these items dangling from the back of my switch panel, I know one is a random USB plug I have no idea what the purpose of it is, the other two I have no idea. Can you guys chime in and let me know what they are.
That is not a mess, that is custom quality! :winkingthumbsup"