• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wish Me Luck!

Congrats Mel. I can't wait for the wealth of newfound 1.8L knowledge you drop on us in the future. Am always thankful for your helpfulness, and it looks like you'll be moored here at JB's even tighter now!

Congrats Mel. I think you will enjoy this more than a cruiser. Be sure to check back in after you take possession.

I remember exactly what I thought when I moved from an SX230 to a 242LS, the 242LS looked like a masterpiece and a blank slate at the same time.

Mel congrats and THANKS for all the help you give to everyone!

Thank you too guys, I learn from the club just like you do! And I am a noob now with the 240! I have had the manuals since the boat came out, and referenced them to see differences in engines and such. One thing I like, is the service manual is more well defined than the 230 manual was. Better diagrams and pictorial displays. @Ronnie , the desire for a cruiser will always be there, but the opportunity and funds to enjoy it are much more limiting than with a trailer boat. And...with a trailer boat, I don't have to give up on one of my all time bucket list items...Lake Powell. I fully understand what you mean about the blank canvas vs a masterpiece. I can see that and know what I can do, but see it as perfect right now too. But I do know that lighting, stereo, and storage can be vastly improved, and I will take my time with it. Since I don't have experience with this model directly, I will be learning from all of you! I am certainly appreciative of the opportunity to have you all as mentors!

@Magic , your pics aren't coming thru Kelly. I am wondering what you put up there in that last post!

Congrats Mel! I'm so glad that your better half softened up and came around to the idea of having another boat in the barn. Your new toy is a beauty! Congrats again.

Congrats Mel! Looking forward to having you join us 24'ers with the future mods!

As far as the TDE, I think the 12'+ boats handle great with it and after market fins aren't really needed. I'd also skip the YES. Do you really think you'll need over $1200 (or whatever your cost) in repairs? Even if you think you'd take a hit for resale, it's still $1200 out of your pocket initially directly into the pocket of the buyer. I doubt you'd ever see the benefit financially.

Love the yacht blue color! Can't wait to see pics when you bring it home. Have fun concentrating in the sim! Lol

"Love the yacht blue color! Can't wait to see pics when you bring it home."
I just hope it doesn't clash with the big green egg. :)

Ok @txav8r now that its official you need to get yersef signed up for the TexOklArk gathering. And start cutting up some more table-leg-hole-plugs :D

Way to go Mel! You are always such a great resource that I am sure all the SX240 owners will be excited to return the favor.
Hopefully I will be picking up my new 212x this weekend!

Way to go Mel! You are always such a great resource that I am sure all the SX240 owners will be excited to return the favor.
Hopefully I will be picking up my new 212x this weekend!
@soggyshoes , enjoy that new ride! Boy, would I enjoy boating in some of the waters around you!

Ok @txav8r now that its official you need to get yersef signed up for the TexOklArk gathering. And start cutting up some more table-leg-hole-plugs :D
Hmm, you know, noodles don't seem to do much for the 240 line...they don't have table mount holes or table legs that hold noodles! What's a guy to do? I posted a question somewhere about recommended lodging up at BB, but with training, boat shopping, boat delivery schedule and logistics, I have not had a chance to go review the thread and look for a place. You don't think I am going to miss the party do you?

Guess tomorrow is the big day. Congrats.

Damn...I kind of feel like we are all in the back seat going with you....lol

congratulations, you will enjoy.

Back