• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wish Me Luck!

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been to his house and saw the barn. I think the angle idea may work if he moves some stuff around. He has plenty of height. Man I am SOO happy for ya Mel!!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! I would pass on the YES warranty, I never used mine.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now, don't forget @Mel. When flying, keep the blue side up. When in your new boat, keep the blue side DOWN. ;) Hmm, maybe "Blue Horizon" might be a good name for your new ship.
I think "Blew By You" would be appropriate, and it comes with an anthem sung by one of my favorite singers. :cool:

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't pick her up until Thursday Ronnie...haven't even seen her yet, she is under wraps and 275 miles from me! But you know I might post a pic or two!

Hmm... @Gym , you hit on something there! I am going to run "Blue Yonder" by the wife! Or perhaps "Wild Blue Yonder"...wasn't an air force puke, but I would have been affiliated with one of the service branches had I been born at a different time. As a civilian aviator, I still look upward and consider..."Off we go...into the wild blue yonder! That is for you @jaws!

Maybe "The Blue Yonder"...dunno, thinking about it! Fun isn't it?:winkingthumbsup"[flag]
"My other jet" would work well too.

steined

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations. You've helped me, and I'm sure countless others over the years and I'm glad to see you getting back into a Yamaha. Life is short! Enjoy it while we can!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How bout Cool Jets. He already flies hot jets. ;)

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, he moved $450 and left me $550 from what I was willing to spend, said think about it, talk it over, he would sell it at that or not, my choice. Apparently $550 is enough to prevent a sale if I don't want to move to that. I am fully aware it is all about what he has in it, and summer is just starting...but it has been in his inventory for 2 seasons, going into the 3rd. He is willing to sell me all the accessories at a savings, so I guess i could take advantage of that.
Time to raid the kid's piggy bank and make it happen!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking rig... Mel has got to be going out of his mind right now..Boat is right there...275 miles away......
Names: .".Blue Skies".. "Jet Blue".... "Blue Yonder" is pretty good though @txav8r

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you sitting down? I am going to be the proud father of a 2012 Yacht Blue SX 240, zero time, still in the plastic wrap under the shipping cover!
Been on the lake all weekend and missed all of this. AWESOME NEWS!!! CONGRATS!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And I'm cooped up in school for two days...ugh. Looks good tho!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope you get it Mel so you can join us on Broken Bow in July.
I hope you get it Mel, but I think @txav8r should come to Broken Bow either way. Even Brian attended his gathering without a boat :p

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats! What an exciting day - second only to the day she comes home...or the first day on the water, or...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats Mel! Glad to see you are back (as a boat owner that is).

Have fun with her!

Mike (aka mmpov - from the other site)
Hey Mike, glad to see you on board here! Welcome! I have been shirking my duties here the last week with the boat negotiations and study for training. I will be done with training tomorrow and can launch into the boat stuff more...and be back on the forum with more attention. Glad to have you with us Mike! All the new forum names are hard to keep track of, so remind me every now and then, unless you leave the name and aka on your signature!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r - what about "Still Nauti" or "Even Nautier"...?
@leeatmg Well, I like both of those, even Moor Nauti! Or...Knot Moor Nauti. But, mom wants to stay away from Nauti Dawg all together. I think she thought it hurt Chesters feelings! He doesn't care, he just wants to go on the boat!

I also bought a gang plank with the deal. It isn't the Airhead or Yamaha...it is some other name on it but it is the same one Airhead makes. Got a great deal! I will ask Jeff at Dick Lane's and see if they have a supply at a good price, maybe we could get them to run a group buy on them!

@Bruce , here is the one I found at the dealer and bought in my package. I negotiated a few things at cost, something they don't normally do he said, but I met them on price, so I got a few good deals. As we all know, Yamaha dealers like to give stuff that way rather than take a lower price on the boat.IMG_4716.jpeg

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r Can't wait to see the review on that new boat and the plank! My boys played on one of the $1000+ ones and have asked for one ever since. No way am I paying that kind of cash for for a float, but something under $200, you betcha!