• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would you buy your boat again?

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A simple Y-E-S. It has been great pleasure for the family and we can take a gaggle of friends along. I like the AR series as the fancy radio, dash, etc isn't that important to me and I can start at a ok price and add the upgrades that I see fit.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I would (2016 AR240).

We have had two Yamaha jet boats, a 190 which was completely trouble free, and a 240 (not so much); we found the 240 so useful and versatile we couldn't figure a replacement - as much as we wanted to replace it at one point.

Bottom line, these are trailerable family sports boats - great for a gazillion uses, and simple to maintain.

--

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
YES! I have a 2016 242 Limited S and after 275 hours (20 different lakes) and 5 seasons, it never fails to disappoint. Other than one piece of wood jamming up the prop, a bad install of a lateral thruster (my bad)- and a few other cosmetic blemishes, the boat has been trouble free and always dependable. I can't imagine another boat that I would have purchased instead. Only regret is not getting a galvanized trailer. This site has been essential in getting me up to speed on the boat features and uses. Best toy I have ever purchased

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would definitely buy my 215 HO Impulse again! It’s been a great boat! A couple of assembly issues, but easy to repair and improve.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
As far as I know my build date is still set in stone. First week of May is the scheduled delivery date. With shallow waters and exposed rocks in my lake area, the jet boat was a must. Had an I/O and with a few props and sings it just wasn’t worth it going into other lake. With the jets it won’t be an issue and give me another couple lakes to booze cruise em. Lol

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
With shallow waters and exposed rocks in my lake area, the jet boat was a must. Had an I/O and with a few props and sings it just wasn’t worth it going into other lake.
FYI - Don't expect the jetboat shallow draft claims to save you in shallow waters. To save your prop, you need charts to navigate safely. Jetboats still need at least 2-3ft of draft for the vacuum-like intake grates on the bottom of the hull, so you still need charts to stay safe. They advertise a shallow draft, but that's without the engines running like a prop boat with the drive raised up. My draft is listed at 20", but I would never start the engines in 20" of water as the intake grates would be sitting on the seabed and suck up rocks, sand, pop cans, everything within a foot of the intakes. I would never operate my boat in less than 3ft of water either as a wave will come along and the trough could cut the depth by a foot and suck up debris or even bottom out.

We came from an older I/O prop and shallow waters/rocks was NOT the reason we changed to jet. We switched for the ease of maintenance, no outdrive in the way when playing on the back, swim platform is huge due to small engines, and much more room inside. The extras like newer tech, tower, deeper deadrise for smoother ride, where perks that we knew all newer boats had no matter what we bought. We chose Yamaha over other jetboats because of the reliable engines, regular fuel, dual seats (a must for us), quality materials, and competitive price. We didn't know the twin jets would be a monster in the water, which just made it even better.
:D

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
FYI - Don't expect the jetboat shallow draft claims to save you in shallow waters. To save your prop, you need charts to navigate safely. Jetboats still need at least 2-3ft of draft for the vacuum-like intake grates on the bottom of the hull, so you still need charts to stay safe. They advertise a shallow draft, but that's without the engines running like a prop boat with the drive raised up. My draft is listed at 20", but I would never start the engines in 20" of water as the intake grates would be sitting on the seabed and suck up rocks, sand, pop cans, everything within a foot of the intakes. I would never operate my boat in less than 3ft of water either as a wave will come along and the trough could cut the depth by a foot and suck up debris or even bottom out.

We came from an older I/O prop and shallow waters/rocks was NOT the reason we changed to jet. We switched for the ease of maintenance, no outdrive in the way when playing on the back, swim platform is huge due to small engines, and much more room inside. The extras like newer tech, tower, deeper deadrise for smoother ride, where perks that we knew all newer boats had no matter what we bought. We chose Yamaha over other jetboats because of the reliable engines, regular fuel, dual seats (a must for us), quality materials, and competitive price. We didn't know the twin jets would be a monster in the water, which just made it even better.
:D
Couldn’t agree more. I think if you use common sense when operating any boat things will work out in the end. I’ve been on my lake for 40 years and know every nook and cranny. Accidents are gonna happen, but if they keep happening and you don’t learn, well then your a moron. Lol
Thanks for the info too, def won’t be rolling in anything under 4 feet for sure.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely!
At that time it was their "Flag Ship".
Today, we'd go for the 255XD :winkingthumbsup"

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah, we have a 2020 212s and we love it. We plan on enjoying it for years to come and couldn't be happier.