• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 252S - turns right

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hello all.

From the time I purchased my boat new, if I let go of the steering wheel while underway, the boat automatically starts to veer off to the right pretty aggressively. I have to keep the steering wheel more towards the left in order to keep the boat going straight, especially under heavier throttle.

I have also tested it under very calm conditions when the water is like glass and have the exact same issue. Wind or current has nothing to do with this.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what will I need to do to correct this issue? Otherwise, the boat runs fantastic, and I have no complaints.

Thank you.

Do you have a transducer that is blow the water line? Where I mounted mine I have the same issue as you described... Nothing you can do if that's the case. It could also just be a nozzle misaligned

Have you checked your Jet Nozzle / Articulating Keep alignment?

you need to check the nozzle alignment and you can also set your rudder off a bity to the left of center to compensate for the pull also check the buckets in forward and make sure both are even and totally above the water opening.

Last edited:
You should name it 'Blue Steel'

Thank you all for your advice! I will surely check the nozzles next time I bring it back home as I keep it in the water 4 weeks at a time. I like the rudder idea and to make a minor adjustment to help offset.

Thank you.

Back