• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 275 CA non-compliant ?!

Skidog52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been told and saw on this forum that California does not allow the Yamaha 275. Is there a way around this? Buy it out of state and bring it in? Will lakes in CA let me on the water with out of state tags?

Skidog52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed on moving out of California but sadly not an option... need to find a way to get the 275 into CA.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know you can bring in used ones, but I'm not sure how old they have to be. Once you get the sticker you're good to go anywhere.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Register it in Az and be done. As long as the registration is up to date and the boat passes all the inspections you should be able to boat on any lake.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Register it in Az and be done. As long as the registration is up to date and the boat passes all the inspections you should be able to boat on any lake.
You need an address and unless you can provide az tax returns you have to pay out of state fees that are 10x ca fees. I have an az address, keep the boat in az, and choose to register in ca.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ahhh ...well that sucks

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Register in South Dakota you can do that, I registered my Side by Side and got a SD street tag, contact Dirtlegal.com see if they can help register your boat in SD

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Actually you can register in Arizona as a non resident and pay a yearly fee to fish and wildlife which is only a few hundred bucks. Probably the same as California luxery tax would be. AR195 also is not sold in Ca.