• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hour and 15 minutes on hold still. Yikes

Sgtcrawdad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to log into the new YAMAHA FINANCIAL SERVICES??? it will not allow me to login with my account information??? So aggravating 🤦🏼‍♂️

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to log into the new YAMAHA FINANCIAL SERVICES??? it will not allow me to login with my account information??? So aggravating 🤦🏼‍♂️
Yes it’s YM- your old 16 digit account # is your user name and the password is the last 6 of your ssi number. Make sure you are on the correct website. It’s Yamaha.1stassociates.com

Sgtcrawdad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes it’s YM- your old 16 digit account # is your user name and the password is the last 6 of your ssi number. Make sure you are on the correct website. It’s Yamaha.1stassociates.com
Thank you so Much! My payment is due today... Just got home from some work travel, and I was freaking out 😬

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We got the letter today too...can't wait to sit on the phone for hours trying to fix it. Ugh. Nice job, Yamaha.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I just got the letter and tried to log in using the new account number and the last 6 of my SSN, not valid. Anyone able to login using the new account number and SSN or is everyone having to call?

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So I just got the letter and tried to log in using the new account number and the last 6 of my SSN, not valid. Anyone able to login using the new account number and SSN or is everyone having to call?
what website did you go to?

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Oh I got my letter today too. A day late and a dollar short.

Sgtcrawdad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
it’s YM- your old 16 digit account # is your user name and the password is the last 6 of your ssi number.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, my account was wrong on the last digit, thankfully the phone system was able to help on that one. But they do not have record of my last payment to synchrony either. Arghh.... and when you call, it won’t let you speak with anyone, transfers me to a survey directly.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my letter today. Sat on hold for an hour and 56 minutes. My payment went up $77. Rude ass customer service told me I need to mail in my paperwork from when I purchased my boat. Meanwhile my payment is now 3 days past due...

Sgtcrawdad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, my account was wrong on the last digit, thankfully the phone system was able to help on that one. But they do not have record of my last payment to synchrony either. Arghh.... and when you call, it won’t let you speak with anyone, transfers me to a survey directly.
Call this Number... they will pick right up! 866-719-3902

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What i find annoying is that synchrony cant help anymore with records, balance, payment etc. No way of getting any past records at all. What a joke

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Synchrony got an extra 600 bucks today cause i couldn't cancel the payment in time. Called synchrony they said the payment will be forwarded to Yamaha, we will see.
To be safe i paid another 600 to Yamaha through their site.
What a cluster "F"

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah, I’ll do the same by paying the current due. My issue is I think they got the correct balance after my last payment except they booked the wrong due date as I had been paying 1 payment ahead. But the last payment date is not updated so they would get an extra payment.. easier way is in Dec 19 I paid the Jan 2020 payment and Yamaha is asking me for Jan 2020 payment now again

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yoo-Hoo Yamaha....
Better step into this one as you are making unhappy customers!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yoo-Hoo Yamaha....
Better step into this one as you are making unhappy customers!
Yea, I had already sworn off Synchony for any more future purchases (despite they currently own my Amazon card, and a few other debts). This just cements that thought process. Good chance I'll just avoid Yamaha finance in the future as well if I have to deal with these same issues.

FYI, I don't have a letter or phone call from either Synchrony or Yamaha at this point. honestly REALLY not looking forward to it at this point either.

Going to scan all my paperwork this afternoon in preparation for a battle though.

*EDIT*......Just checked the mailbox. Letter was in there from yesterday. I too cannot log into the Yamaha web portal using the instructions provided. They don't open until 7am PST (10am EST). Guess I'll call then :(

Also, looks like it's STA Associates doing the processing......This is seriously some "Out of the frying pan into the fire" level BS. Had a card with STA years ago (like late 90's) that was a complete and total pain to deal with. I'm extremely NOT pleased about this change. Once the dust settles here, I'll be looking to move this loan myself to a local (credit union) provider.

Last edited:

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know how widespread this is? Are they selling ALL Yamaha loans back to Yamaha?? I have 2 loans through synchrony- a Kawasaki side-by-side and my 210 FSH. This looks like a potential nightmare for a few months until it gets sorted out.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my letter yesterday. Went to the site to log in and was unsuccessful first several tries. Tried with YM, with and without dash and still couldn't get in. Finally tried lower case ym with dash and was successful. Site is pretty sad. Think it was designed by an elementary student on Commodore 64 back in 1990. Another example of how concerned Yamaha is with customer service.