• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get that but I'm just saying that this all seems a bit strange with the unsecure website and fishy domain use of "@acct.admin.com". Maybe he got it backwards but just seems very amateurish from a website and customer portal.
The website looks like my 3rd grader designed and programmed it. It's NOT secure (https NOT shown), it doesn't work well, and your "password" is the last 6 of your SSN and, as best I can tell, not changeable. My local REMC has a better website.

****Edit**** @Neutron just corrected my mistake above regarding security. Still looks and feels sketchy, but might be more secure than I originally thought.
*****/Edit*****

For such a large corporation, it's sketchy at best. Arguably still an upgrade from the way Synchrony was handling the loan. Never got a live person on the phone at Synchrony, and never had a web portal at all.

I'm headed to the boat show Friday night and will see what our dealer has to say about the change. I intend to be VERY clear that I won't be using his finance department for my next purchase (assuming I don't go Scarab, and that I buy new again, but those are separate issues) because of these and other shenanigans surrounding Synchrony. I can only hope this feedback becomes loud enough from enough customers that the dealers start putting pressure on Yamaha to fix it.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What a cluster F. As stated earlier check your account number, they also had my last digit wrong. I've always paid more than my required payment so I always have a 0.00 amount due, now the Yamaha account says I'm past due. I sent my Jan payment in to Synchrony and it was posted on the 10th and I compared my Dec balance to the balance that the Yamaha website shows and it looks like it was posted to my loan. My due date is the 17th of the month and even though I paid my Jan payment to Synchrony the Yamaha website shows I'm past due for Jan. So I guess I'm going to call and see what's going on.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check that your loan terms are correct... These jokers had the wrong monthly payment on there for me. I'm prepping for a fight with em'.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, good news bad news for me. I got the notification. Paperwork had the wrong account # (last digit wrong) but thanks to posts above I was able to log in. Balance looks good. Payoff looks good. Interest rate is correct.

But..... (there's always a "but") They are showing me 3 days past due even though my check to Synchrony was cashed 11 days ago and the due date was the 15th. Funny thing about it is, I haven't had a balance due in ages because I always pay a couple bucks over so I technically could have skipped a payment if I wanted. The other funny thing is that I've never been late on a payment in my life so if my credit gets dinged for this I'm gonna be wild.

I'm going to take a breath and see what the close of business day on Monday brings. I understand it takes time to transfer the records, but this is just plain sloppy.

One last thing: Has anyone figured out how to change their password on this stupid web site? I don't see it as an option.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biglar155 i dont understand about changing the log in info because on the letter recieved it stated you can change it.
When i called and spoke with the rep they said they are still working on all the details and trying to sort out the mess.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI to all......Monday is a bank holiday. I wouldn't expect any movement until end of day Tuesday.

@biglar155 I can't find the password change button either. While a better site than Synchrony had, this site sucks.

Last edited:

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading all this, I don't feel too bad now after spending 3 hours Saturday trying to get a human on the phone only to be told that she did not know, after going to a supervisor, whether I would be getting a monthly bill or not. No one knows anything. I send 2 checks every month to Synchrony Bank. One is for the monthly payment and the other is additional principle reduction. Bothe checks were cashed by Synchrony but only the additional principle payment showed on the account and the monthly payment amount, that was missing. No one knows where it is.. Not a very smart way to treat Yamaha customers especially when I'm almost at the end of the loan. I'm sure many will reconsider buying another Yamaha product. I blame Yamaha directly for rolling out such a faulty program.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So a little more: After I walked away for a bit, I thought about it and re-checked the numbers. Based on my Quicken records, the balance on my account reflects that January 8th check. So they got the money, they just didn't put a check in the box that I've made my January payment.

Might be worth just making another payment (I haven't made a double in a while anyway) and call it good. Not knowing how many days late you can go w/o triggering them reporting me to a credit service, it's probably my best course of action.

Maybe.

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know if there is a general email address for Yamaha Corp. Maybe if they start to get a lot of complaints from their customers, they will wake up and realize they could loose a lot of business real quick and their reputation for a long time.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So a little more: After I walked away for a bit, I thought about it and re-checked the numbers. Based on my Quicken records, the balance on my account reflects that January 8th check. So they got the money, they just didn't put a check in the box that I've made my January payment.

Might be worth just making another payment (I haven't made a double in a while anyway) and call it good. Not knowing how many days late you can go w/o triggering them reporting me to a credit service, it's probably my best course of action.

Maybe.
This is what I did, verified that the balance did reflect the payment I made Dec 31st but it did not show it as my January payment but balance was definitely reduced by that payment, so I made another payment, I plan on paying it off early anyways.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I received an email today from Yamaha saying may account was past due. Since I had no accounts through them I thought it was a scam. I checked my bank and my payment wen through on the 5th just like every month. I called Yamaha though to see if it was a scam and was informed they bought my account from Syncrony and I did not pay this month and they wanted me to pay with a credit card. I again told them I paid on the 5th and he wanted me to email them proof it came out of my account. I decided to call Syncrony and they confirmed that the account was sold without notice on the 10th and transferred on the 11th of January. They said they have been getting a number of calls like mine and even though they provided the proper information to Yamaha they are telling a lot of people they are past due when in fact they are paid. I called back Yamaha 50 min later was told again I needed to send proof I paid my bill for January. Incredibly frustrating sine I pay with their auto draft so you think they would have a record. Now I really don't know what to do I tried signing up for the Yamaha web portal but it wont recognize my account. Im going to blow my stack if this hits my credit.
Send copy of bank account showing that it was pulled like every other month.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So they've got my monthly payment at $70 more per month than it should be. I made my regular payment and was hit with a past due balance late fee.. so fighting them on that. They asked me to email them a copy of my original loan documentation - which I thought was very odd.

Normally whenever you transition from one system to another and bring in details (in this case the loan information from a prior servicer) you take great care to make sure things are transitioned properly. Looks like these guys screwed up on the conversion from one system to the other. So frustrating that we have to take time out of our day to handle this crap.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Feel free to file a complaint. Not adjusting your balance for a received payment, and not being able to pull up your terms to me shows a major lack in their ability to handle your loan correctly.

Submit a complaint | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

You may file a complaint if you think a bank has been unfair or misleading, discriminated against you in lending, or violated a federal consumer protection law or regulation.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick class action suit If they touch credit scores.
I'm in for that one if it comes to that. I've worked exceptionally hard to maintain a clean bill of health on my payment history. Something like that will most certainly drive me to losing my cool.

At this point, I'm holding out hope that it will get corrected with time and this is just a minor bump in the road. I'm monitoring it closely though.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I did, verified that the balance did reflect the payment I made Dec 31st but it did not show it as my January payment but balance was definitely reduced by that payment, so I made another payment, I plan on paying it off early anyways.
Yeah, I just made "an extra" payment just to be safe. I figure it like this: Of the possible outcomes, this "should" be the one with the minimal amount of muss and fuss.

Though I have every scrap of paper since inception of the loan (2010), I'm not particularly inclined to go to war unless I need to.

We'll see what happens.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this all gets sorted out for EVERYONE quickly.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received my notice on Friday. Logged in today and found they show a late payment for January, and the amount due is the second tier payment amount as this is a 2.99 for 60/5.99 for 120 loan. This amount shouldn't change for me until 2022.
The balance reflects my January payment, but they show it as late.

I called - very very long hold - Anyway useless person finally answered just kept saying it would all be straightened out in the next two weeks. asked about the payment amount, and credit reporting, etc, but kept getting the "We will straighten it out" statement

I asked why I could not change my password as I could not find any "Button" or screen in which to do this - again - no help. I just tried logging in again, and now can't log in. They gave me an e-mail address as follows which I plan to send follow up info.
Yamaha@acct-admin.com

I think I will make the over payment a few days early to avoid any auto response reflecting a "Past 30 day" - They may straighten out their issues, but a credit report is a PITA to fix, and takes time - I need my credit high right now, and can't risk a blip that gets corrected after the fact.

Of course if I can't log in, I may need to call in or snail mail a payment.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can also confirm that I was not able to log in using the account number from the letter. The ending digit was off by 1 vs. my Synchrony account number. My payment cashed by Synchrony 1/7/20 was not applied to my Yamaha account and now shows past due. At least my payment didn't change.

I think I will wait a little as the dust settles. If not by next due date, I'll have to get angry.